R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-15-2010, 04:12 PM   #61
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to lil3j

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzstr View Post
Has anyone used the USB programmer with 64bit Vista? I downloaded the installer from the TP website and installed but when I plug in the programmer the driver is not found.
I've tried and tried and can't seem to get mines to work either. So I just use the home pc with xp and it loads right up
lil3j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 05:36 PM   #62
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Recoiled Revo

Quote:
Originally Posted by hound_dogs_01 View Post
i figured it out my cut off was 3.9V per cell... which is 7.8V so it was under the cut off voltage... so when i went to discharge it it read it as a voltage error...

those instructions do come in handy lol

thanks for the replys guys!!!

Pakk youll have a PM in about 2 mniutes my good man

Alex
I had that problem and found that the battery was not balanced correctly so I had to put the charger into recovery mode and it fixed the problem.
ASC RC12R5.2 Blinky
ASC TC6.1
Recoiled Revo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 07:41 PM   #63
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderPowerRC View Post
On the V5.6 and newer firmware. Plus mode or compitition mode is in the set up part of the charger. With the setting in 100% charge and the Plus/ Comp mode it with change the charge cure and raise the cutoff to 4.2v per cell. V5.6 and 5.7 only do this in 2 cell mode. V5.8 will do 1-4 cells.
How do I get my batteries to come the charger at 8.4V? Or should I buy a new charger that I will be legal to race.
Bubblehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 10:38 PM   #64
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to oXYnary Send a message via Yahoo to oXYnary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead View Post
How do I get my batteries to come the charger at 8.4V? Or should I buy a new charger that I will be legal to race.
Sounds like you quoted your own answer. What version of the firmware are you using?
Old 09-19-2010, 05:32 AM   #65
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by oXYnary View Post
Sounds like you quoted your own answer. What version of the firmware are you using?
I have V5.6, I had to turn off the Plus Charge mode. The manual should explain Plus Charge mode.
Bubblehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 01:16 PM   #66
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to oXYnary Send a message via Yahoo to oXYnary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead View Post
I have V5.6, I had to turn off the Plus Charge mode. The manual should explain Plus Charge mode.
I believe those were added after the manual was made. IE the manual needs to be updated.

Anyhow fwiw they are up to 6.0 now.

http://thunderpowerrc.com/html/download.htm

Quote:
* Along with the 'LiPo CHG Option' (LCO) selections of FAST charge, 50% storage, 95% charge and 100% charge modes, an additional and separate menu option feature listed as 'COMPLETITION CAR MODE' (CCM) has been added. When CCM is turned ON the profiles for the constant current (CC) and constant voltage (CV) phases of the charge process have been further optimized to ensure that the charge capacity/voltage of the battery is at the safest maximum allowable specs authorized by many racing organizations (and does not charge the cell/battery beyond 100% capacity/voltage)

CCM Mode is only active when turned ON and when charging 1S 3.7V to 4S 14.8V batteries (not 5S 18.5V and 6S 22.2V batteries). Also, when CCM is turned on it will take precedence over any LCO that has been selected. For example, if CCM is turned on and LCO selection has been set to 50% Storage the cell/battery will still be charged fully using the optimized CC/CV profile. As a result we recommend that CCM is turned on only when needed and if charging cells/batteries for use in competition car/truck/buggy racing. It is not necessary to use CCM when charging batteries for any other applications.