Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Moving to 1/10 Electric, which one >

Moving to 1/10 Electric, which one

Moving to 1/10 Electric, which one

Old 08-24-2009, 02:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by authorjim
Will any car body from any car fit the other cars for this 1/10 scale?

Almost all of the electric touring cars are 190mm chassis. So if you are going to race TC then you need a 190mm shell. I suggest the latest protoform. Just watch the guys at your local track and ask the winner what shell he is using.

If you want to race Vintage Trans Am. The HPI shells are 200mm in the front and 210 in the rear. They are made to go with the HPI wheels and tires that are purposely offset to take the 190mm chassis to the required size.

You can use a 200mm shell on a 190mm chassis but you will have over lap unless you use a rim with an offset. Offsets to use a 200mm shell on a 190mm chassis should be 3-6mm depending on how wide your chassis and shell actually are. Some 190mm chassis are actually 187mm or 185mm and the shells have some variable in them as well.

Most lexan shells are not drilled for any particular pattern of body post. So you buy them blank and then drill holes in them for your body mounting post to fit through. HPI shells have tiny "divits" in them to show you where to drill, but thats only if you have an HPI car. The shells will fit any car but you will have to measure and punch the holes to fit your particular car.
Old 08-24-2009, 06:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Still moving to Electric 1/10

Thanks to all for the answers. That was a great body explanation snoopyrc.

I am now going back and forth between the XRay and the Tamiya. Still have a question about foam tire chassis and rubber tire chassis. I'm hearing that the foam tire chassis go with carpet racing, is that true?

If I get the Xray with the rubber tire chassis can I still use it on carpet?
Also I noticed that the their a quite a bit of tweaks to the foam and rubber chassis to make them work the best with foam or rubber tires. On what surfaces do they race the rubber tire version?

Does the Tamiya TRF 416WE also have two versions or does the one chassis serve all surfaces?

I know alot of questions but I'd like to start out with an informed decision.

Jim
Old 08-24-2009, 06:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

They race rubber and foam on carpet. Rubber only on asphalt. Now my club run on a low traction asphalt, so we run foams. But ROAR race legal is rubber on asphalt.
Old 08-24-2009, 07:34 PM
Tech Adept

Whay was Cyclone the top on the first 2?!?

1.Xray T2'009
2.Schumacher mi4
3.TOP Photon
4.Losi JRX-S Type R
5.Tamiya 416