Old 01-26-2004, 03:04 PM   #1
Tech Regular

Default Futaba 3PK HRS with LRP QC2

Hi, has anyone try this combo?

Futaba 3PK radio
Futaba HRS receiver
LRP Quantum Competition 2 ESC
Futaba S9451 Digital Servo

I'm having problem with glitching. I read the manual and it say it might need to use DSC/Two-Way cable to set it up. Anyone know where to get those cable?

BTW If I use PCM receiver instead of HRS, everthing works great.

I like to use HRS if I can, Cause I can tell right away with HRS, the steering is very sensitive, meaning the movement is super smooth.
Jasonchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 03:17 PM   #2
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to ChvyPwr-BB

ya i kind of had the same problem with a associated b4. i put my 3pk in my friends b4 with the hrs receiver and a hitec digital 5645 servo. it gliched pretty badly. but the when i switched receivers to a hitec 3 channel it worked fine. Must be something that has to be set up correctly??
Old 01-26-2004, 03:23 PM   #3
Tech Regular

The manual say it might need to use DSC/Two-Way core. But I have no idea where to find it.

Tower Hobbies has DSC, but I can't find the TWO-WAY core..
Old 01-26-2004, 03:25 PM   #4
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to ChvyPwr-BB

some one told me that you can only use a dsc cord if your on pcm but i have no clue.
Old 01-26-2004, 03:47 PM   #5
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Jason try reversing your throttle switch and resetting the speedo. On the 1st gen quantum it showed up as a glitch but when reversed, all was fine.
Old 01-26-2004, 07:36 PM   #6
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Difuser
Jason try reversing your throttle switch and resetting the speedo. On the 1st gen quantum it showed up as a glitch but when reversed, all was fine.

Thanks, I've just tried it. The glitches while hitting the throttle is gone, but when you tap on the brake, it still glitches.
Old 01-26-2004, 11:22 PM   #7
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi Jason,
I have almost the same combo, Futaba 3PK, HRS, Quantum 1, 9450 servo. Hardly any glitching problems at all.
Once I did have problems with the Quantum 1 plug. I'm assuming its the same with the Quantum 2 plug. The wires tend to work themselves loose from the plug causing an intermittent connection and a glitch. A dab of shoe goo on the plug fixed that. Since you mention that most of the glitching comes from accelerating and braking, is the comm in good shape? Does your motor arc a lot? Are your motor capacitors in good shape? Maybe your comm needs a cut or your brushes haven't been broken in properly. My D5 motors tended to glitch badly if I didn't break them in long enough.
Good luck!
linger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 12:34 AM   #8
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to lawndoggie Send a message via Yahoo to lawndoggie

I have a smiliar set up too, use the 9550 instead.
Not much glitch.
I did notice however that when I tried to set up QC2, i.e press the set mode for 5 secs, the red "mode light" came up, but the green "set light" also came up. which means i was already on the punch setting mode.
No matter what I tried, I was not able to get the QC2 to the initial setting mode.
Nevertheless, the top speed and full brake seem to be fine, the problem is at neutal, its preset to have some auto brake, EVEN after I set autobrake off.
Anyway, I ended up having to set the transmitter's throttle "forward" to 50 (3pk) inorder to make it to truely neutal, i.e a slight of throttle, and the motor runs, and a little tap of brake, and the brake applies...
Anyway anyone has this problem?
Actually, is this a problem at all?
lawndoggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 06:29 AM   #9
Tech Regular

Linger,Thanks for the respond. I'll give them a try.

lawndoggie, I don't have problem with setting up the ESC at all. when I first enter the setup mode I leave the it neutral, then hit the botton again the wheel start to roll in 1 second interval, the hold in the throttle and hit the botton. Lastly, I hold the brake and hit the botton again. that's it.

I got two QC2, and they both setup the same way, I think you might have problem with the ESC.

note: If I switch to PCM receiver, all glitching goes away. Or If I switch from QC2 to IPC 7.1, all glitching goes away as well.