R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-20-2009, 03:22 PM   #16
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

BTW, a buddy of mine found one rear shock to be slightly stiffer. Discovered that one spring in my kit is stiffer for some reason. This has been corrected.
Tiger72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 03:49 PM   #17
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pakk View Post
Is that measurement of droop over right height? Before I got a droop gauge, I'd set my tc4 to at least 2 over right height. If you have a gauge, I'd set it to 5 to 6.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.America View Post
You are confusing droop, with downstop setting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pakk View Post
Really? Please explain the difference. I always thought it was just two different ways to measure it.
Downstop setting is the difference in mm between the chassis, and the bottom of the suspension arm. This is what you measure and adjust on the setup board, with your tires off, using downstop blocks and downstop screws in the suspension arms. A downstop setting of 5 means the suspension arms are 5mm higher than the chassis

Droop is measured ready-to-run, tires on, car on the board. It is the measurement of how far the car can be lifted before the tires leave the ground. Droop is a measurement resulting out of both your ride height, and downstop settings.

For example, you could set you downstops (using the screws) to 6mm lets say. Now, crank your shock collars ALL the way down so that your suspension is really tight and your car is at it maxed ride height. You will have a high ride height, a downstop setting of 6, and a droop measurement of 0.

In the same example, if you back your shock collars off so that your car sits 1mm lower than before (1mm from its max height) your droop value will be 1mm. All the while having a downstop setting of 6mm.

Cpt.
- RCSpecialties -

Last edited by Cpt.America; 08-20-2009 at 06:01 PM.
Cpt.America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 03:34 PM   #18
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thank you for the definition. I had it wrong thinking droop was down stop before your explanation.
Tiger72 is offline   Reply With Quote