Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VRC

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 05:37 AM
Tech Initiate

Default VRC

I am wondering for those who have used VRC, pre-v4.0,have your driving skills improved? I will be doing all electric and will using nitro cars in VRC cause any issues? I know VRC pro has electric and offroad, but all i can find is info on the website, but not any cost for the program itself.

Will using the non VRC brand wireless adaptor cause any issues? This is where i found it. http://www.hobbypartz.com/carsim.html

Just noticed, the VRC adapter from the site is 20.00 http://www.virtualrc.com/products/pr...cid=2&prid=200

Thanks!
Old 08-12-2009, 06:06 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

I can't get the VRC link to work but there was a previous version of the usb adapter and then the new one. Some people have had issues with the newer one when using a futaba radio. I don't know what the fix is but you can see it on their board.

As for helping. I don't really think it would hurt any. You are still driving an rc car. You still need to know when to lift and when to turn the wheel. You are still exercising your mind when you drive and keeping the eye hand coordination going. So imo, I don't think it would hurt as it would be better than doing nothing.
Old 08-12-2009, 07:12 AM
Tech Initiate

On the page for the adaptor from VRC, it sounds like the people having issues are the people using 2.4 fasst. I will be using fm. With shipping for the one from hobbypartz it will come out to 16. I wonder if there is a diffrence from the original to the knockoff? Im thinking of playing it safe and get the one from VRC. What i am unsure of is how long it will take to ship the official adapter, being that their contact info is in Europe.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I want to get VRC beginner combo but they only accept paypal, no money orders...
Old 08-13-2009, 01:56 AM
Tech Champion

As far as I know the electric version is not out yet. A lot of people have been waiting for it.
Old 08-13-2009, 02:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

i have been using VRC since it was created.. and yes it does help you improve your driving skills regardless of whether you run nitro or electric. the fact that you can also purchase real tracks that you may race on is also a bonus for me, as one of my local tracks is in VRC. as in terms of the speed, there is a low powered engine option which is roughly somewhere between stock and superstock speeds, and if you put a lola body on the chassis it gives the car an electric like feel. give it a go.. im sure you wont be dissapointed.
Old 08-13-2009, 09:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Definatly helped me improve. Not so much car setup, but just learning how to set up for corners to run the better line.