Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Super cool vid people need to see ROAR >

Super cool vid people need to see ROAR

Super cool vid people need to see ROAR

Old 08-12-2009, 05:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Super cool vid people need to see ROAR

I found this on another forum posted by Rob Cutman. It unbelievable how far rc has come.

Saw this very interesting video that was pointed out to me by Todd Hodge. It Is of the innaugural ROAR Nationals in 1967 and some history of the racing at that time. Even if you dont watch the whole thing, be sure to Fast foward to around the 9:28 mark. I know many of the members here have been unaware of the contributions that Roy Moody made to RC racing as a whole, not to mention his contributions to dirt oval racing. I did not know him as well as I would have liked but I know many of you on here did know him and were priveledged enough to race with him and at his facility on a regular basis. I have always felt fortunate to have met Roy before he passed away and seeing this video reminded me of that.

It's so easy for us these days to take the racing for granted and bitch and complain about every little thing we can think of to complain about. Next time your local hobby shop doesnt have the pinion gear you need, or the body you want or the tires you think you have to have, just go home and make them.

Guys like Roy made this stuff from scratch 40 years ago because plain and simple.....they just loved racing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fI4RnN_90MY
Old 08-12-2009, 06:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

What an amazing video....I know Roy pass about a year ago, but there is so much that we can do to keep his dream alive. Keep on racing and innovating!
Old 08-12-2009, 06:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

that is cool...
Old 08-12-2009, 07:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I don't know about you guys, but that makes me want to go drive.