Unscrewed the ball end about 2mm

Taller rear shock post

Todays bonus pic - inside scoop on the CRC mod
Thanks for the good pictures!
Old 06-02-2010, 01:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Smile

RIDE's tires and wheels are in stock now !!

Click here to check out.

You can order online @ www.tqrcracing.com

Last edited by spring71; 06-02-2010 at 09:16 AM.
Old 06-02-2010, 02:16 AM
Tech Champion

Cool...I hope to order some soon as I have some money. I keep seeing mention of a medium Ride tire that looks like a slick instead of having grooves...are you looking to get those in as well?
Old 06-02-2010, 07:09 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by InZane
Finland - My home country! - Is F1RC-racing catching on in Finland as well?
You have some "fast"finnish roots then.

I think i'm the only one at moment who drives a F1 at our local track.
But there is a small good group of guys who are interrested in this clas.
Old 06-03-2010, 01:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

Does anybody has experience with the spur gears from Kawada?
With these the diff balls are not on one circle but on two. Also the number of diff balls is higher than with the original Tamiya ones. So it should run more smoothly.
Also the spur gears lack molding to keep the ball bearing in the outer diff part in place (I hope you understand what I mean).
Attached Thumbnails 3racing F109-img_4909.jpg  
Old 06-03-2010, 05:07 AM
Tech Master

Inserted a rebound spring inside the center shock
Was this prompted by our discussions on downforce and pod jacking? Did you notice any difference?
Old 06-03-2010, 05:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I'm a little curious/confused by that spring as well... What was the effect and how good or bad would something like that translate to TC racing?
Old 06-03-2010, 06:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by daleburr
Was this prompted by our discussions on downforce and pod jacking? Did you notice any difference?
Yes this idea started from our discussion on pod jacking. This was my first test with increased droop and a spring inside the shock. Boras is a tight and undulating track; especially the short straight with a compression and short downhill straight has caused very erratic behaviour with problems to hold a predictable line into the following lefthander (look at the video - the short straight in front of the drivers stand).

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

To my surprise the inside spring mod transformed the way the car handled this part – suddenly I could hold the line lap after lap with great consistency. I’m not sure if the mod will make any big difference on a more regular flat track – but it really worked wonders in Boras.
Old 06-03-2010, 07:14 AM
Tech Master

Yes this idea started from our discussion on pod jacking. This was my first test with increased droop and a spring inside the shock. Boras is a tight and undulating track; especially the short straight with a compression and short downhill straight has caused very erratic behaviour with problems to hold a predictable line into the following lefthander (look at the video - the short straight in front of the drivers stand).

To my surprise the inside spring mod transformed the way the car handled this part – suddenly I could hold the line lap after lap with great consistency. I’m not sure if the mod will make any big difference on a more regular flat track – but it really worked wonders in Boras.
Looks like a nice track, tight and twisty like the old Stafford track in the UK (sadly no longer in use, probably a housing estate by now):

http://www.youtube.com/user/Desawa82#p/u/0/2u1EPHiLg0o

I'm glad the anti-jacking spring helped; it should have a similar effect to the thicker t-bar on my car, and that was a big improvement. As you say, probably not much use on a smooth track, but great when there's a few bumps.
Old 06-03-2010, 07:23 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by pejota
I'm a little curious/confused by that spring as well... What was the effect and how good or bad would something like that translate to TC racing?
For those wondering what the hell we're on about, here's the thread where it started:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...atever-91.html
Old 06-03-2010, 07:33 AM
Tech Master

Used to run those Tamiya F1 springs inside the rear shocks on a Tamiya FF01 FWD car back in the mid 90's, no one could catch me after
Old 06-03-2010, 07:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Can anyone tell me how servo angle and saver position in the car effects bump and ackerman?
A few of us were tossing around the idea of running a 1/12 servo but I am not sure on the effects of angeling it (like a 1/12 car) or blocking it up.
Thanks.
Old 06-03-2010, 09:55 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Bag MD - wrong M2 spacer?

I am currently building my F1-09 and come across a problem with the rolling damper installation.
The rolling damper should go into the rear ball mount and will be fixed by M2 screws in connection with a M2x5.4x0.9 spacer.

The spacer supplied is 4.6 wide instead of 5.4 (also there is only one M3x6x1 spacer where there should be two according to the manual).
The shock shaft doesn't fit 100% inside the ball mount, i.e. if you tighten the screw on one side the shock shaft comes up on the other side.
In addition the spacers are too small to hold the rolling damper in place.

I wonder if I did something wrong or if I have wrong parts.
To solve this issue at first I used some bigger spacers below the supplied one (see picture).
Attached Thumbnails 3racing F109-img_4995.jpg  

Last edited by orci77; 06-04-2010 at 12:56 AM.
Old 06-03-2010, 02:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by orci77
I am currently building my F1-09 and come across a problem with the rolling damper installation.
The rolling damper should go into the rear ball mount and will be fixed by M2 screws in connection with a M2x5.4x0.9 spacer.

The spacer supplied is 4.6 wide instead of 5.4 (also there is only one M3x6x1 spacer where there should be two according to the manual).
The shock shaft doesn't fit 100% inside the ball mount, i.e. if you tighten the screw on one side the shock shaft comes up on the other side.
In addition the spacers are too small to hold the rolling damper in place.

I wonder if I did something wrong or if I have wrong parts.
To solve this issue at first I used some bigger spacers bellow the supplied one (see picture).
Mine is the same--I just used bigger washers

JD; fishing on the 109 thread??-
Hint;;it has to do with 22.5*laydown in the arc(smooths the steering out)flat arcs tend to make a more aggressive steering input.Has some effect on bump and $#%@^^%as well.
I'm playing around with a front steer config.now-I used to do that with my old trinity 1/12.

Last edited by GasGod; 06-03-2010 at 03:04 PM.
Old 06-04-2010, 08:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Where are you guys buying the front alloy camber plate from? I cant find them anywhere?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.