Like Tree9Likes

3racing F109

Old 06-01-2010, 11:39 PM
  #1006  
Tech Regular
 
tudor_47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Sweden
Posts: 345
Default

Originally Posted by InZane View Post
OK - some explanatory pics of the changes made for Boras GP;

Increased droop

Inserted a rebound spring inside the center shock


Unscrewed the ball end about 2mm


Taller rear shock post


Todays bonus pic - inside scoop on the CRC mod
Thanks for the good pictures!
tudor_47 is offline  
Old 06-02-2010, 01:08 AM
  #1007  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (3)
 
spring71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 4,420
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Smile

RIDE's tires and wheels are in stock now !!

Click here to check out.

You can order online @ www.tqrcracing.com

Last edited by spring71; 06-02-2010 at 09:16 AM.
spring71 is offline  
Old 06-02-2010, 02:16 AM
  #1008  
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Hawaii, USA
Posts: 7,191
Default

Cool...I hope to order some soon as I have some money. I keep seeing mention of a medium Ride tire that looks like a slick instead of having grooves...are you looking to get those in as well?
InspGadgt is offline  
Old 06-02-2010, 07:09 AM
  #1009  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Finland / Helsinki
Posts: 3
Default

Originally Posted by InZane View Post
Finland - My home country! - Is F1RC-racing catching on in Finland as well?
You have some "fast"finnish roots then.

I think i'm the only one at moment who drives a F1 at our local track.
But there is a small good group of guys who are interrested in this clas.
-F.B- is offline  
Old 06-03-2010, 01:49 AM
  #1010  
Tech Apprentice
 
orci77's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Germany
Posts: 86
Default

Does anybody has experience with the spur gears from Kawada?
With these the diff balls are not on one circle but on two. Also the number of diff balls is higher than with the original Tamiya ones. So it should run more smoothly.
Also the spur gears lack molding to keep the ball bearing in the outer diff part in place (I hope you understand what I mean).
Attached Thumbnails 3racing F109-img_4909.jpg  
orci77 is offline  
Old 06-03-2010, 05:07 AM
  #1011  
Tech Master
 
daleburr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Oxfordshire, UK
Posts: 1,019
Default

Originally Posted by InZane View Post
Inserted a rebound spring inside the center shock
Was this prompted by our discussions on downforce and pod jacking? Did you notice any difference?
daleburr is offline  
Old 06-03-2010, 05:35 AM
  #1012  
Tech Master
iTrader: (12)
 
pejota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Vero Beach, FL
Posts: 1,022
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

I'm a little curious/confused by that spring as well... What was the effect and how good or bad would something like that translate to TC racing?
pejota is offline  
Old 06-03-2010, 06:12 AM
  #1013  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (2)
 
InZane's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Sweden
Posts: 267
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by daleburr View Post
Was this prompted by our discussions on downforce and pod jacking? Did you notice any difference?
Yes this idea started from our discussion on pod jacking. This was my first test with increased droop and a spring inside the shock. Boras is a tight and undulating track; especially the short straight with a compression and short downhill straight has caused very erratic behaviour with problems to hold a predictable line into the following lefthander (look at the video - the short straight in front of the drivers stand).

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.


To my surprise the inside spring mod transformed the way the car handled this part – suddenly I could hold the line lap after lap with great consistency. I’m not sure if the mod will make any big difference on a more regular flat track – but it really worked wonders in Boras.
InZane is offline  
Old 06-03-2010, 07:14 AM
  #1014  
Tech Master
 
daleburr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Oxfordshire, UK
Posts: 1,019
Default

Originally Posted by InZane View Post
Yes this idea started from our discussion on pod jacking. This was my first test with increased droop and a spring inside the shock. Boras is a tight and undulating track; especially the short straight with a compression and short downhill straight has caused very erratic behaviour with problems to hold a predictable line into the following lefthander (look at the video - the short straight in front of the drivers stand).

To my surprise the inside spring mod transformed the way the car handled this part suddenly I could hold the line lap after lap with great consistency. Im not sure if the mod will make any big difference on a more regular flat track but it really worked wonders in Boras.
Looks like a nice track, tight and twisty like the old Stafford track in the UK (sadly no longer in use, probably a housing estate by now):

http://www.youtube.com/user/Desawa82#p/u/0/2u1EPHiLg0o

I'm glad the anti-jacking spring helped; it should have a similar effect to the thicker t-bar on my car, and that was a big improvement. As you say, probably not much use on a smooth track, but great when there's a few bumps.
daleburr is offline  
Old 06-03-2010, 07:23 AM
  #1015  
Tech Master
 
daleburr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Oxfordshire, UK
Posts: 1,019
Default

Originally Posted by pejota View Post
I'm a little curious/confused by that spring as well... What was the effect and how good or bad would something like that translate to TC racing?
For those wondering what the hell we're on about, here's the thread where it started:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...atever-91.html
daleburr is offline  
Old 06-03-2010, 07:33 AM
  #1016  
Tech Master
 
NiMo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Luton, England
Posts: 1,704
Default

Used to run those Tamiya F1 springs inside the rear shocks on a Tamiya FF01 FWD car back in the mid 90's, no one could catch me after
NiMo is offline  
Old 06-03-2010, 07:35 AM
  #1017  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (32)
 
j.d.roost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 3,163
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Can anyone tell me how servo angle and saver position in the car effects bump and ackerman?
A few of us were tossing around the idea of running a 1/12 servo but I am not sure on the effects of angeling it (like a 1/12 car) or blocking it up.
Thanks.
j.d.roost is offline  
Old 06-03-2010, 09:55 AM
  #1018  
Tech Apprentice
 
orci77's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Germany
Posts: 86
Default Bag MD - wrong M2 spacer?

I am currently building my F1-09 and come across a problem with the rolling damper installation.
The rolling damper should go into the rear ball mount and will be fixed by M2 screws in connection with a M2x5.4x0.9 spacer.

The spacer supplied is 4.6 wide instead of 5.4 (also there is only one M3x6x1 spacer where there should be two according to the manual).
The shock shaft doesn't fit 100% inside the ball mount, i.e. if you tighten the screw on one side the shock shaft comes up on the other side.
In addition the spacers are too small to hold the rolling damper in place.

I wonder if I did something wrong or if I have wrong parts.
To solve this issue at first I used some bigger spacers below the supplied one (see picture).
Attached Thumbnails 3racing F109-img_4995.jpg  

Last edited by orci77; 06-04-2010 at 12:56 AM.
orci77 is offline  
Old 06-03-2010, 02:53 PM
  #1019  
Tech Master
iTrader: (4)
 
GasGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Tween a Rock & a Hard Place in Pa.
Posts: 1,279
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by orci77 View Post
I am currently building my F1-09 and come across a problem with the rolling damper installation.
The rolling damper should go into the rear ball mount and will be fixed by M2 screws in connection with a M2x5.4x0.9 spacer.

The spacer supplied is 4.6 wide instead of 5.4 (also there is only one M3x6x1 spacer where there should be two according to the manual).
The shock shaft doesn't fit 100% inside the ball mount, i.e. if you tighten the screw on one side the shock shaft comes up on the other side.
In addition the spacers are too small to hold the rolling damper in place.

I wonder if I did something wrong or if I have wrong parts.
To solve this issue at first I used some bigger spacers bellow the supplied one (see picture).
Mine is the same--I just used bigger washers

JD; fishing on the 109 thread??-
Hint;;it has to do with 22.5*laydown in the arc(smooths the steering out)flat arcs tend to make a more aggressive steering input.Has some effect on bump and $#%@^^%as well.
I'm playing around with a front steer config.now-I used to do that with my old trinity 1/12.

Last edited by GasGod; 06-03-2010 at 03:04 PM.
GasGod is offline  
Old 06-04-2010, 08:01 PM
  #1020  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (67)
 
Taman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: GC, Aust
Posts: 905
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

Where are you guys buying the front alloy camber plate from? I cant find them anywhere?
Taman is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.