Like Tree9Likes

3racing F109

Old 05-14-2010, 05:03 AM
  #916  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (2)
 
InZane's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Sweden
Posts: 267
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default



I've made a simple Word setup sheet for the F1-09 - please feel free to use it if you like to share your setups.

Empty setup sheet >>

My winning setup from Gothenburg >>

Last edited by InZane; 05-14-2010 at 08:29 AM.
InZane is offline  
Old 05-14-2010, 04:31 PM
  #917  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (12)
 
bjholz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: MILWAUKEE
Posts: 606
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Inzane, could you go into a little more detail how you did the CRC rear side spring mod? Maybe more pics?
bjholz is offline  
Old 05-15-2010, 06:53 AM
  #918  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (2)
 
InZane's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Sweden
Posts: 267
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by bjholz View Post
Inzane, could you go into a little more detail how you did the CRC rear side spring mod? Maybe more pics?
Read these posts;
http://www.rctech.net/forum/6535161-post253.html
http://www.rctech.net/forum/6649539-post363.html
http://www.rctech.net/forum/6933498-post622.html

The CRC mod is kinda self explanatory - as long as you don't attempt anything similar to this


Last edited by InZane; 05-15-2010 at 08:28 AM.
InZane is offline  
Old 05-16-2010, 02:03 AM
  #919  
Tech Addict
 
AGNO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Firenze Italy
Posts: 609
Default Spring preload

If you are interested I use this system to adjust the preload spring.

AGNO is offline  
Old 05-16-2010, 04:01 AM
  #920  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (2)
 
InZane's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Sweden
Posts: 267
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

So simple - why didn't I come to think of that

You're a genius
InZane is offline  
Old 05-16-2010, 08:15 AM
  #921  
Tech Addict
 
AGNO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Firenze Italy
Posts: 609
Default

Originally Posted by InZane View Post
So simple - why didn't I come to think of that

You're a genius
I am happy that you liked my solution
I'm waiting Shimizu racing rubber tire, the try with your setup, you did you try? Or would you prefer to ride?
AGNO is offline  
Old 05-16-2010, 10:12 AM
  #922  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (12)
 
bjholz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: MILWAUKEE
Posts: 606
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

So why you you think they went with an FRP chassis instead of carbon fiber? Will someone make a carbon fiber chassis for this car?
bjholz is offline  
Old 05-16-2010, 10:58 AM
  #923  
Tech Master
Thread Starter
 
mac853's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Dirty place
Posts: 1,920
Talking

Originally Posted by bjholz View Post
So why you you think they went with an FRP chassis instead of carbon fiber? Will someone make a carbon fiber chassis for this car?
Not really necessary!
mac853 is offline  
Old 05-16-2010, 12:08 PM
  #924  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (2)
 
InZane's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Sweden
Posts: 267
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by AGNO View Post
I am happy that you liked my solution
I'm waiting Shimizu racing rubber tire, the try with your setup, you did you try? Or would you prefer to ride?
I've never tried Shimizu rubber, only Ride Medium (Swedish F1-Cup control tire) and Tamiya soft. Ride has OK grip and very good wear rate as Tamiyas has excellent grip but melts away even in low temperatures.
Originally Posted by bjholz View Post
So why you you think they went with an FRP chassis instead of carbon fiber? Will someone make a carbon fiber chassis for this car?
I guess they tried both carbon and FRP and found - not to my surprise - FRP the better choice. Price was probably also an issue of course.
Carbon could be beneficial if the track surface is flat and traction is extremely high.
InZane is offline  
Old 05-16-2010, 12:36 PM
  #925  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (32)
 
j.d.roost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 3,165
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

We tested a set of trg hard-f superion-r rubbers yesterday back to back with my f103(with 104 decks) and my buds 109 and the cars were dialed (asphalt).

Could use a bit more steering so I ordered a set of med.fronts.
Tire wear was good and the soft rears held up better than I thought they would. After about 50 laps you can still see the seam.
j.d.roost is offline  
Old 05-16-2010, 07:29 PM
  #926  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (12)
 
bjholz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: MILWAUKEE
Posts: 606
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

I don't know how the car comes stock. My car is coming in the mail tomarrow. Does the kit come stock with rear side springs? Like the set up in this picture here, it looks almost stock.




Originally Posted by AGNO View Post
If you are interested I use this system to adjust the preload spring.

bjholz is offline  
Old 05-16-2010, 08:46 PM
  #927  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (22)
 
robk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Posts: 8,040
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Inzane's post has most of the relevant information unless somebody wants to do a step by step photo tutorial. The picture you quoted probably works fine as well, but may be inconvenient to tweak with.

The car has no tweak control stock, you just put the springs in the cups and go for it
robk is offline  
Old 05-17-2010, 01:00 AM
  #928  
Tech Addict
 
AGNO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Firenze Italy
Posts: 609
Default

Originally Posted by bjholz View Post
I don't know how the car comes stock. My car is coming in the mail tomarrow. Does the kit come stock with rear side springs? Like the set up in this picture here, it looks almost stock.
Is a simple modification that allows you to quickly adjust the spring preload side.
You add two screws and conical washers, to speed up the adjustment you can remove the spring holder screw and paste it on the engine frame.
AGNO is offline  
Old 05-17-2010, 01:07 AM
  #929  
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Hawaii, USA
Posts: 7,191
Default

Originally Posted by InZane View Post
I've never tried Shimizu rubber, only Ride Medium (Swedish F1-Cup control tire) and Tamiya soft. Ride has OK grip and very good wear rate as Tamiyas has excellent grip but melts away even in low temperatures.

I guess they tried both carbon and FRP and found - not to my surprise - FRP the better choice. Price was probably also an issue of course.
Carbon could be beneficial if the track surface is flat and traction is extremely high.
The Ride and Tamiya should be identical as Ride made the Tamiya tires for the F103. They were the same as the Tamiya only the side markings were rebadged.
InspGadgt is offline  
Old 05-17-2010, 02:14 AM
  #930  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (2)
 
InZane's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Sweden
Posts: 267
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by InspGadgt View Post
The Ride and Tamiya should be identical as Ride made the Tamiya tires for the F103. They were the same as the Tamiya only the side markings were rebadged.
Identical? - Not mine anyway!

InZane is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.