Like Tree9Likes

3racing F109

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2009, 07:30 PM
SMG
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChadRacing
I ran my f109 on carpet today with no setup and was using a 540 johnson motor.

Bone stock out the box setup and the car was awesome. Hooked up very well. I was out driving the 12th scales running 13.5.

Great car, cant wait to actually put it in a race next week
What pinion are you running? thanks
Old 10-18-2009, 05:38 AM
Tech Master

Questions??

In fact i want to using brushless in my F109.
Could somebody tell me if 17.5 or just 21.5 fits to run in F1 in tight indoor circuits?

Best regards
Old 10-18-2009, 10:59 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I must be the slowest builder ever - but I'm getting closer to a race ready car.
Mounting the body and receiver&ESC is what's left - first track tests next week end hopefully.

The servo is a Bluebird low profile servo. I tilted it a bit to get the steering linkage level with the ground. Seems to work now without the dreaded bump steering.

Old 10-18-2009, 01:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SMG
What pinion are you running? thanks
I was using a 28 and 27 pinion on the car, with the stock spur. I was coming off the track after 10 mins with temps in the 150's
Old 10-18-2009, 04:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChadRacing
I ran my f109 on carpet today with no setup and was using a 540 johnson motor.

Bone stock out the box setup and the car was awesome. Hooked up very well. I was out driving the 12th scales running 13.5.

Great car, cant wait to actually put it in a race next week
Yes, I ran mine today-absolutely sickening. Tons of steering and plenty of stability. I can't say enough on how well it ran out of the box on stock tires.
Old 10-19-2009, 05:18 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Is the front upper castor mount on the F109 compatible with the 3 racing's alloy castor mount V2 for F103gt?
Old 10-19-2009, 07:14 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robk
Yes, I ran mine today-absolutely sickening. Tons of steering and plenty of stability. I can't say enough on how well it ran out of the box on stock tires.
F105 on drawing board as we speak
Old 10-19-2009, 07:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Great! Now I have more work to do!
Old 10-19-2009, 09:45 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by badmotor
Is the front upper castor mount on the F109 compatible with the 3 racing's alloy castor mount V2 for F103gt?
yes
Old 10-19-2009, 09:46 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by JonnySocko
Great! Now I have more work to do!
Link car
Old 10-19-2009, 09:48 AM
Tech Regular

Picked mine up today ... what a bargain.

Any build tips gratefully received.
Old 10-19-2009, 10:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Link car
Grumble, grumble.....
Old 10-19-2009, 04:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rack
No it is neg is going to the rear of the car and pos is going toward the front of the car.
wrong if you look from the side, top of kingpin tilt forward towards front of car is NEGATIVE,kingpin tilted towards rear of car is POSITIVE

please do not give wrong info ,too many new people need the correct answers.
Old 10-19-2009, 04:07 PM
SMG
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Does anyone know where I can purchase some cool decals or wraps for this car? Thanks
Old 10-19-2009, 04:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rack
No it is neg is going to the rear of the car and pos is going toward the front of the car.
wrong

THE EFFECTS OF CASTER

Caster is the angle to which the steering pivot axis is tilted forward or rearward from vertical, as viewed from the side. If the pivot axis is tilted backward (that is, the top pivot is positioned farther rearward than the bottom pivot), then the caster is positive; if it's tilted forward, then the caster is negative.

Positive caster tends to straighten the wheel when the vehicle is traveling forward, and thus is used to enhance straight-line stability. The mechanism that causes this tendency is clearly illustrated by the castering front wheels of a shopping cart (above). The steering axis of a shopping cart wheel is set forward of where the wheel contacts the ground. As the cart is pushed forward, the steering axis pulls the wheel along, and since the wheel drags along the ground, it falls directly in line behind the steering axis. The force that causes the wheel to follow the steering axis is proportional to the distance between the steering axis and the wheel-to-ground contact patch-the greater the distance, the greater the force. This distance is referred to as "trail."

Due to many design considerations, it is desirable to have the steering axis of a car's wheel right at the wheel hub. If the steering axis were to be set vertical with this layout, the axis would be coincident with the tire contact patch. The trail would be zero, and no castering would be generated. The wheel would be essentially free to spin about the patch (actually, the tire itself generates a bit of a castering effect due to a phenomenon known as "pneumatic trail," but this effect is much smaller than that created by mechanical castering, so we'll ignore it here). Fortunately, it is possible to create castering by tilting the steering axis in the positive direction. With such an arrangement, the steering axis intersects the ground at a point in front of the tire contact patch, and thus the same effect as seen in the shopping cart casters is achieved.

The tilted steering axis has another important effect on suspension geometry. Since the wheel rotates about a tilted axis, the wheel gains camber as it is turned. This effect is best visualized by imagining the unrealistically extreme case where the steering axis would be horizontal-as the steering wheel is turned, the road wheel would simply change camber rather than direction. This effect causes the outside wheel in a turn to gain negative camber, while the inside wheel gains positive camber. These camber changes are generally favorable for cornering, although it is possible to overdo it.

Most cars are not particularly sensitive to caster settings. Nevertheless, it is important to ensure that the caster is the same on both sides of the car to avoid the tendency to pull to one side. While greater caster angles serve to improve straight-line stability, they also cause an increase in steering effort. Three to five degrees of positive caster is the typical range of settings, with lower angles being used on heavier vehicles to keep the steering effort reasonable.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.