Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Xray T1R Electronics mounting positions???? >

Xray T1R Electronics mounting positions????

Xray T1R Electronics mounting positions????

Old 08-09-2009, 07:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default Xray T1R Electronics mounting positions????

well I started a previous thread on looking to get a TC3 because of the wireing mess but I like the T1R its in good condition and a competative chassie but as you can see in the pic once everything is mounted it becomes a huge mess so my question to you all is, do any of you have pics of your electronics mounted on the T1R or any ideas on how I can clean it up. I would buy another chassie but the wife says i spent enough $$ this weekend I have no idea what she is talking about
so here is my mess can you help me fix it?

Old 08-10-2009, 12:41 AM
Tech Addict

I dont think its a T1R.
T1R has a plastic tub chasis

http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/pro...ame=XRAY%20T1R
Old 08-10-2009, 12:55 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Maybe shorten the wires going to the motor? As well as the Connector wires and jumper wire for the LiPo saddle pack?

Can you run the servo/esc wires to the receiver under the top deck?
Old 08-10-2009, 01:35 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1101
I dont think its a T1R.
T1R has a plastic tub chasis

http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/pro...ame=XRAY%20T1R
yeah but you could upgrade the chassis to a carbon fibre one same as the FK04... plus its still got the plastic shock towers and upper deck and the bulkheads are the older style (FK04 had more material machined off the rear bulkheads and the front had the pivot ball suspension mounts removed) so this is still a T1r IMO... if anything the T1r with the tub chassis is harder to get all the electrics installed.

As far as set-up goes, shortening your motor and battery wires would help a bit, as long as theres enough room to get the battery in and out. I used to run my motor wires lower around the outside of the battery, and if theres room under the belt just in front of your battery you could run the cable from your ESC to the receiver, or zip-tied to the under side of the upper deck, keeps them out of the way and neatens it up a little.

I agree with you about this being a great car, I used to run an FK04 and it was possibly the best car I have ever owned. There's still a pretty big following for the older XRAY cars, the T1 thread on here will help you out if you run into too much trouble.
Old 08-11-2009, 10:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Here's mine...all black wiring helps Also check the last several pages of the T1 thread here http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...4-xray-t1.html for some more wiring ideas. You can also switch the battery and ESC on the left side of the car to move the ESC closer to the motor and shorten the wires.

-rocky b