R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-10-2009, 03:53 PM   #16
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Top 2 qualifiers yesterday in VTA on an asphalt parking lot race were TC3's including mine. I took the win and had the fastest lap of the main against TC5's using better batteries and speed controls. I'm just using a LRP Sphere TC with Checkpoint 4900 batteries.

As far as durability in VTA, about the only part I ever break is caster blocks. However, I don't break those very often. Even if I do break a caster block, the part will usually hold together long enough to finish a race. I think in 1 year of racing I may have broken 1 rear A-arm, and that was a fluke as I caught a barrier just right. Since the bodies in VTA are mostly 200mm+, they do a great job of protecting the car.

Some after market parts have become very hard to find for the TC3, such as RPM bumpers or aluminum hop-ups. However, the main parts are still easy to find locally, on TowerHobbies, or directly from Associated. I just ordered 2 graphite tub chassis from Team Associated website for $10 each.

While there may be newer or better cars available, the TC3 is still a competitive car for the VTA class.
Old 08-10-2009, 04:33 PM   #17
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscnitro View Post
Here are some photos of the problem im having now. I could mount the ESC on one of the packs but I dont know if thats gonna be a bad idea otherwise I dont know what else to do.

Is there a way to mount the batteries(saddle packs) on the left side and move all of your electronics to the right side? Or you could move the battery on the left side forward and put the speedo behind the battery close to the motor? Just a couple ideas for you.
Dave
dragracer72nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 05:05 PM   #18
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragracer72nova View Post
Is there a way to mount the batteries(saddle packs) on the left side and move all of your electronics to the right side? Or you could move the battery on the left side forward and put the speedo behind the battery close to the motor? Just a couple ideas for you.
Dave
Hi Dave. No I ripped it all apart and tryed to see if I could get both packs on one side but I would have to cut away too much material from the fron and rear uprights. I talked to Jim @ RCP and im just going with a stick pack only alittle trim and it should fit perfect then I can get the ESC and reciever on the other side it should look alot better for the next thursday race. I should of went that way right from the start but the saddle pack sounded better from the start. got it up forsale if anyone needs a saddle pack thanks for the help