Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Help me choose a chassis! >

Help me choose a chassis!

Help me choose a chassis!

Old 07-30-2009, 12:28 PM
Tech Adept

Default Help me choose a chassis!

Hi,

I can't just decide yet what chassis to buy from tamiya.
they say choosing a chassis and belt or shaft drive should be depending on the track or surface you will run it..

Anyway, I plan to just enjoy this kit and run it in asphalt or cement, in parking lot or in a huge park. Also considering I got the mamba max system 9000kv motor for the kit.

Right now, I got TB-02 but I am really upset about the diffs, it melts the diff joints, I bought an alu diffs but Im still thinking if it would fix the problem.
When i run it in my mamba 4600kv its fine, but when i tried the 9000kv in my first squeeze of the throttle it already cried and so noisy, when i run it, its like the diff gear is slipping.

I plan to buy a new kit, and thinking about TA05 V2, TB-03, and TT01 E.
I cant afford the TB Evo 5, so expensive, I only have a budget for $200 down.

So anyone help me find the better chassis? consider it will run a mamba 9000kv motor. Thanks!
Old 07-30-2009, 01:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Originally Posted by noelcleofe17
Hi,

they say choosing a chassis and belt or shaft drive should be depending on the track or surface you will run it..

Anyway, I plan to just enjoy this kit and run it in asphalt or cement, in parking lot or in a huge park. Also considering I got the mamba max system 9000kv motor for the kit.

Right now, I got TB-02 but I am really upset about the diffs, it melts the diff joints, I bought an alu diffs but Im still thinking if it would fix the problem.
When i run it in my mamba 4600kv its fine, but when i tried the 9000kv in my first squeeze of the throttle it already cried and so noisy, when i run it, its like the diff gear is slipping.

So anyone help me find the better chassis? consider it will run a mamba 9000kv motor. Thanks!
TB03 is your best bet for great low cost performance.!
Old 07-30-2009, 01:12 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi,

Wow, that 9000 Kv has to be insanely fast. I have a Mamba 7700 Kv with lipo in my TC4 and it's almost too much to control without toning down the settings on the ESC. I would like to see how fast your ride is whenever you decide on what to buy, I would be a little nervous about driving something with that much power.
Old 07-31-2009, 05:05 AM
Tech Adept

Default Youtube!

Thanks for the advice for TB03, also to let you know i already have a video of this, but i wont upload it cause by the time im runnin the kit it has some slip problems i think in the diffs, but now its fixed so w8 until next week and search at youtube TB02 Mamba 9000 youll find it soon..

Hehehe..
Old 07-31-2009, 06:02 AM
Tech Adept

Why not buy an XRAY? There a lot easier to get to hook up than a Tamiya
Old 07-31-2009, 06:24 AM
Tech Adept

Default Xray!

Like I said I only got $200 budget down.
Xrays are expensive, how much are those xray's?
Old 07-31-2009, 06:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Like I said I only got $200 budget down.
Xrays are expensive, how much are those xray's?
lots.

Either a TA05 or TB03 would be good. A TA05 would be better for brushless, as it's belt drive and won't torque steer, but they have a habit of picking up stones when you use any spur differently sized to the original.
Old 07-31-2009, 07:35 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks!

Wow I saw the T2 008 and 9 thats hot.
I think its pretty much the same, when you upgrade the Tamiya into graphite parts, it would cost you $200 for the kit, 90 for the graphite chassis, $50 for alu diffs, just this upgrade would cost total of 340 + shipping around 25 = 365

I think I would go for T2 009, Ill save some dollars for now and buy on Sept.
Pretty nice weather not to hot.

What do you think guys?
Old 07-31-2009, 08:55 AM
Tech Adept

I definetly think xray is the way to go. Have you looked At the T2R pro? Its much cheaper.
Old 07-31-2009, 09:02 AM
Tech Elite

Anyway, I plan to just enjoy this kit and run it in asphalt or cement, in parking lot or in a huge park.
Wow I saw the T2 008 and 9 thats hot.
I think its pretty much the same, when you upgrade the Tamiya into graphite parts, it would cost you $200 for the kit, 90 for the graphite chassis, $50 for alu diffs, just this upgrade would cost total of 340 + shipping around 25 = 365
I think I would go for T2 009, Ill save some dollars for now and buy on Sept.
Pretty nice weather not to hot.

What do you think guys?
Xrays are not good bashers in parking lots, etc. You will soon realise that. Stick with the TA05 for that and don't upgrade anything. Why would you upgrade it anyway? You're just bashing it!? Graphite parts on bashers?! Graphite parts break when you crash the car! Why would you want them? You're not trying to bash the car by very accurately picking your way through all the dust and pebbles in the parking lot?
Old 07-31-2009, 12:15 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks guys, this saves me a lot of money....

lol! This is final, I'll get the TA05 V2 for 196 bucks shipped. And buy alu diffs in case it melts the diff joints.
Old 07-31-2009, 12:18 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by niznai
Xrays are not good bashers in parking lots, etc. You will soon realise that. Stick with the TA05 for that and don't upgrade anything. Why would you upgrade it anyway? You're just bashing it!? Graphite parts on bashers?! Graphite parts break when you crash the car! Why would you want them? You're not trying to bash the car by very accurately picking your way through all the dust and pebbles in the parking lot?
Anyway, Carbon Fiber Parts rather, what do you think?
Old 07-31-2009, 01:24 PM
Tech Elite

the TA05 is a good choice. But that mamba max 9000kv is way overkill. I could see that going into a drag racer, but it would be way too much for a touring car to handle. Because power without control, is nothing.
Old 07-31-2009, 02:13 PM
Tech Adept

I think the TB03 is awesome for the money and it's bulletproof. Its shaft driven plus a sealed drivetrain. I've shimmed it so that the diff gear and the propeller gears on the shaft mesh pretty darn close. It handles my sidewinder/5700 although I've mostly ran it silver can.

The only thing I've had to do with the TB03 is upgrade the steering parts and servo saver. You can do this for about $50 shipped if you order from Hong Kong. If you are running some ultra fast Castle Creations setup you are going to want to do this upgrade so factor that into your budget. I was also able to find the Takata NSX TB03 kit for $170 shipped.

BTW, a 9000kv motor sounds pretty crazy unless all you're interested in is speed runs. Didn't even know Castle had those.
Old 07-31-2009, 02:18 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks guys, this saves me a lot of money....

lol! This is final, I'll get the TA05 V2 for 196 bucks shipped. And buy alu diffs in case it melts the diff joints.
Whups missed that. I'd look close at the manual on the V2 and see if it shares the same steering and servo saver with the TB03. If so, you might want to upgrade.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.