R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-07-2009, 07:12 PM   #1
Tech Addict

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default RC Car Action Magazine / ROAR section...

I have read several times in different issues of RC Car Action Magazine people complaining about there is too little coverage or racing where others state there is too much coverage. What does everyone think about this?

Also, if RC Car Action Magazine had a ROAR section to give updates on what ROAR is working on, up coming ROAR events around the US, and list top drivers besides factory drivers would you care?
DraftDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 07:38 AM   #2
Tech Addict

Are fewer onroad (compared to offroad) racers competing in ROAR sanctioned events?
Old 08-09-2009, 07:42 AM   #3
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftDriver View Post
Are fewer onroad (compared to offroad) racers competing in ROAR sanctioned events?
All your larger onroad events are not affiliated with ROAR at all, so no there are not many events. Pretty much all the big races follow ROAR rules, but are just not making it a ROAR event.
Yeti35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 08:48 AM   #4
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti35 View Post
All your larger onroad events are not affiliated with ROAR at all, so no there are not many events. Pretty much all the big races follow ROAR rules, but are just not making it a ROAR event.
Understood, who are the larger onroad events affiliated with?
Old 08-09-2009, 10:04 AM   #5
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Well the Florida State Electric On-Road series( 30 years) and the Nitro Series are both ROAR affiliated and have been from the beginning.The Winternationals in Ft. Myers (Nitro On-Road ) Is also a ROAR santioned event.
WGT-R, GT-12 Racing USA (21.5 ), Formula 1 and Home Track is 386 RaceWay,ROAR #7540.
BullFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 10:36 AM   #6
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Quote:
I have read several times in different issues of RC Car Action Magazine people complaining about there is too little coverage or racing where others state there is too much coverage. What does everyone think about this?

Also, if RC Car Action Magazine had a ROAR section to give updates on what ROAR is working on, up coming ROAR events around the US, and list top drivers besides factory drivers would you care?
Well it seems that every magazine I pick up has about 75-90% geared towards off-road, and about 60%+ of that towards 1/8 scale Nitro. The problem with Race Coverage and a magazine, is that the magazine's are 1-2 months ahead of print, so you have a big race, ROAR or not, and the results are already known. ROAR cannot impact this, as they are not a publisher. Is there enough coverage, not really, as we have large events all over the USA just about every 2-3 weeks, if not more, but as stated lots of these events are not ROAR events, just follow ROAR rules, as most of the tracks have an easier time running a non-ROAR event and getting a few sponsors to do it themselves w/o ROAR.

I know the magazines feel they need to cover what the market is buying, but I also feel that if they geared 50% of every magazine towards On-Road and 50% towards Off-Road, we could see more growth in the On-Road area. People want to buy and race what they see in the magazine.

I also understand that ROAR cannot spend much money towards advertising, but to be honest, thats where the interest needs to come from. In real world car racing, NASCAR for example, does all the advertising for the races and such, and then the manufacturers hype their drivers, equipment, and sponsors.

Don't know where I'm going with this, just pointing out how I view it from a magazine perspective, and how ROAR doesn't really have the impact it should in the RC market they should. It seems ROAR has its hand full doing mostly rule creation/enforcement with all the different classes and constantly changing technology.
kn7671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 10:53 AM   #7
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Understood, who are the larger onroad events affiliated with?
No one, they just run the race utilizing ROAR rules, but there is no membership of any sort needed to attend the race. IIC, Snowbirds, Cleveland, and the Novak races are big ones that come to mind that are not affiliated with any sanctioning body. There are others, but that gives you some idea of what big races run with a non ROAR affiliation.
Yeti35 is offline   Reply With Quote