R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-06-2009, 01:23 AM   #1
Tech Regular

Default World gt cars

Hi guys, I have been waiting over here in uk for distributor to get my world gt car n after 10 weeks of waiting I've had enough, so looking to buy from over the pond, just wondering if there were any other cars in the pipeline other than the usual

cheers
jas1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 04:03 AM   #2
Tech Elite

Which car were you after, Apex Models had an Xray X10 in the shop and they got my Associated RC10R5 pretty quick.

Give them a call if you want to see what they have; 01344 777918

Skiddins
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RCDisco.co.uk
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 04:42 AM   #3
Tech Regular

Cheers for the reply, the xray looks to limited to me, they've made and marketed it too run 4 cell, and that's no good to me, and having looked at one at my local club it looks like a 12th car with an extended chassis. Maybe works ok just my impression. The r5 just heard to many people having handling issues, I know you seem to have yours sorted now saying that.
I ordered a bmi from wim, but it's been well over 2 months now and lost interest, if I can't get the car, the spares back up may suffer too!

I had heard mention of a couple of companies bring new link cars out, but that's as far as I got, so if anyone has any details!

Is there anyone running the darkside car, this also looks interesting?
Old 08-06-2009, 06:25 AM   #4
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Your right about the X10 as it is limited to 4 cells. Here in Florida and some major races in the very near future with be going to single cell lipo.Hopefully by mid September there will be a new prototype car for me to try out at our state races. It a bar car but different.It worked great when it was a wide car (235mm).
WGT-R, GT-12 Racing USA (21.5 ), Formula 1 and Home Track is 386 RaceWay,ROAR #7540.
BullFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 06:52 AM   #5
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Have you looked into the CRC car? It can do any power setup you want. Im running a single cell 10.5 at the moment and loving it. Soon it will be a 13.5 for indoor season.
nitrobeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 07:21 AM   #6
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

get with bruce and get a speed merchant. you can not go wrong with a SpeedMerchant. also if you want to buys some spares. get the teflon o-rings and also some steering block and you will be set. the front springs are just the associated front springs from their dynamic front end. the side springs are the same as all the other link cars. but if you want spares, I have only used the .021" and .023 side springs.

Team Tamale has alum front steering block and also some inline front block. at that point the front end is bullet proof. but you will still need the teflon shims. Since you have to maik order, I would pick up a 1/2 dozen or so.

btw, the initial spec of WGT was to keep all the chassis 4 cell. this was to limit the speed of the cars and to allow a sinple transition from 1/12 or sedan. Since at the time there were only 2s lipos, 4cell chassis would limit the car speed. so it was not a lack of foresite by any manufacture, but was the whole consept of wgt. If I am not mistaken Jason and Adrian of BMI came up with the concept and spoke with the major 1/12 manufactures at the time and it wa agreed that 4cell, 13.5, spec tire, bodies of the full size cars was the "class rules"

Team Tamale | Team Tekin | RCAmerica | Speedmerchant | Speedzone RC | EA Motorsports | Ko Propo USA | eXpress Motorsports | Parma/PSE
theisgroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 08:08 AM   #7
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

The CRC can be set up for any power config, 1S, 2S, 4 Cell, 5 cell, 6 cell. I have one, just ordered a shorter front bumper and nerf wings from one of the aftermarket parts makers. This one was a 21.5 2S and will become 13.5 1S to meet the spec. This car is very competitive. The front end is very similar to older Associated pan cars. It hooks up well and is very adjustable. You can order directly from the Callandra Racing Concepts web page.
Old 08-06-2009, 08:55 AM   #8
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

A guy at the track had a CRC (they looka pig to drive on tarmac) when I was there last in may (no, I don't get out much!). There must be a UK distributor somewhere...
Old 08-06-2009, 03:03 PM   #9
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe of loath View Post
A guy at the track had a CRC (they looka pig to drive on tarmac) when I was there last in may (no, I don't get out much!). There must be a UK distributor somewhere...
Try one of the email addresses:
Calandra Racing Concepts
Quote:
Calandra Racing Concepts 6785 Martin Street Rome NY 13440, USA Phone& Fax: (315) 338-0867

General Information - info @ teamcrc . com
Customer Service - john @ teamcrc . com
Owner, Operator - frank @ teamcrc . com

If you are having trouble with bounced e-mails from any of the teamcrc addresses, send an e-mail to - teamcrc @ yahoo . com
Old 08-06-2009, 03:34 PM   #10
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

the crc car is certainly versatile (what i run), but i believe the bmi will accomodate lipo saddle packs (or even a 2s pack can shoehorn in there), there is a new speedmerchant car that is more lipo happy but not sure it has been released ( yet??? someone can fill in here) and of course there are the classic associated cars available on ebay and such places that take all different cinfigurations... over your way in the uk it is all pretty much 2s lipo right? such as in germany and holand still i think right? regardless most are available at stormer hobbies for international shipping..

Turns out not where, but who your with that really matters... DMB
tallyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 03:56 PM   #11
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

just wanted to add the often overlooked but beautiful darkside motorsports car to the list of options.. it is also designed around the 2s or 6c pack configuration.. called the I-force.. https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...c=ns&pn=DMS460

Turns out not where, but who your with that really matters... DMB
tallyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 11:57 AM   #12
Tech Regular

I had looked at the darkside car but seems there is a new version in the pipeline!
I personally don't like the idea of the cells down the middle of the car that's why I havnt gone for the crc, the bmi was my 1st choice, but the uk distributor has let me down big time and I won't be using him again, ordered my car over 2 months ago, been in regular contact, he's just had the bmi order though, and no car for me, not a happy chappy at all.
Am thinking along the lines of a speed merchant car at the moment, emailed them earlier about the lipo version and if it's available yet, so just waiting on the reply.

Tallyrc you are correct, 2s does get used quite abit over here, but I think many people are just using what lipo's ect they already have. There army that many people running the class yet, but it's steadily picking up. We have people running 2s 13t againt 4cell nimh 10t and 1s 5.5t, once we have enough people to run a national series the rules may be then set in stone, but until then there being run as is and enjoyed, solong as there not silly fast!
Old 08-07-2009, 12:11 PM   #13
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I've had several close friends have issues with ordering direct from Speed Merchant. The stuff flat out works and is awfully fast, but emails/phone calls aren't returned, and shipping has taken a looonnngg time. Something to consider.

I've been running the CRC car it works really well. My first choice was the BMI car, but the deal I got on the Gen10 was too good to pass up.

www.summitrcraceway.com
sportpak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 12:32 PM   #14
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportpak View Post
I've had several close friends have issues with ordering direct from Speed Merchant. The stuff flat out works and is awfully fast, but emails/phone calls aren't returned, and shipping has taken a looonnngg time. Something to consider.

I've been running the CRC car it works really well. My first choice was the BMI car, but the deal I got on the Gen10 was too good to pass up.
oh great! Thanks for the info matey, I thought buying a wgt car would be a pleasurable experience, lol.
You know I'm seriously thinking of taking my bmi 12th to bits, drawing up a chassis configuration I like and having a chassis made for 50 quid by fibrelite!
Old 08-07-2009, 12:50 PM   #15
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallyrc View Post
the crc car is certainly versatile (what i run), but i believe the bmi will accomodate lipo saddle packs (or even a 2s pack can shoehorn in there), there is a new speedmerchant car that is more lipo happy but not sure it has been released ( yet??? someone can fill in here) and of course there are the classic associated cars available on ebay and such places that take all different cinfigurations... over your way in the uk it is all pretty much 2s lipo right? such as in germany and holand still i think right? regardless most are available at stormer hobbies for international shipping..
In Holland and Germany they only drive with 2s lipo. You want to go slower? Go buy a higher turn motor or get your rollout a little lower. The whole discussion about "1s lipo, so it is not too fast" is just weird.

Why would you want to go to 1s in a pro10 model anyway? There is enough room on the chassis and there are lots of 2s bricks and saddle packs now. Plus the ballance of some cars will have to be changed with lead as they are designed for saddle packs.

It is not like 1/12th where i think 1s lipo would be a good solution.

Just my 2 euro cents on this matter

PS: I think all brands that make pro10 cars are equal good. Corally, Associated, CRC, BMI etc etc. You can win with all of them as long as it is set up correctly.
2wdrive is offline   Reply With Quote