R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-07-2009, 08:05 PM   #31
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2wdrive View Post
235mm you need a wider track, 200mm are more suited to smaller tracks. To me pro10 are pancars. I should have been more clearer in my post. I don't make a difference in them if they are 200mm or 235mm as some seem to do, they are still a pancar.
The debate and discussion has nothing to do any of that. You are confusing the type of chassis, and the "CLASS". Just like there are multiple classes for touring cars, like VTA, open mod, etc. You wouldn't go into a VTA thread and start talking about open mod issues, would you? So why do you always join WGT threads and start talking about pro10?

WGT is a class, pro10 is a DIFFERENT class... both are 1/10th scale pan cars, but are DIFFERENT CLASSES.
- RCSpecialties -
Cpt.America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 08:24 PM   #32
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Captain is right. I pretty much explained the difference. They are both pan cars, but completely different beasts. Once upon a time there was 1/10 pan touring. Technically F1 is a 1/10 pan car if you want to be obtuse.
Old 08-07-2009, 08:27 PM   #33
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljohn1064 View Post
Captain is right. I pretty much explained the difference. They are both pan cars, but completely different beasts. Once upon a time there was 1/10 pan touring. Technically F1 is a 1/10 pan car if you want to be obtuse.
Its just starting to drive me crazy to see this 2wdrive guy in every single WGT thread talking about pro10 cars.
- RCSpecialties -
Cpt.America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 01:02 AM   #34
Tech Regular

If I could just get back on the topic alittle, I've had a reply from bruce at speedmerchant saying the lipo chassis version should be up on site next week, but if I want one just order the standard version and just add a note in the order asking for the lipo chassis!
jas1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 03:19 AM   #35
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

The WGT cars are all very good. The cars that will fit 1S lipo are the ones you would want to go with. After talking with some people, it is expected for the UK to apodt the 1s LiPo rules by next year for WGT and 1/12th. Pro 10 is a class that may be run for club racing but will not be seen at any national events. Over here and eventually over there the cars will soon all be running 1s LiPo. The important thing to look at is what kind of racing you will be doing. If your local club supports the Pro 10 class running 235mm cars then CRC or Darkside would be a good choice. They both have the option to go wide and as someone stated that PRC has a kit for one of the cars to do the same( not 100% on that though). Our car is 200mm only with some adjustment but was fitted to run the WGT class. It will accept 2s Lipo,1s Lipo, or 4 cell but i dont really push the 2s class as it is not run by many clubs. It is cool when i go out to the local 1/8th nitro track to play but absolutely no tracks in my area run the pro10 cars. I have heard nothing but good things about the speedmerchant stuff and i see now you say bruce is making a 1S lipo chassis for his car. You will really have a great time with any of the cars. The only thing you need to do is go out and have fun. All of the cars will be alot of fun for you. Just figure out what kind of rules your local track will be following and pick up a car that will allow you to run the class. You will not regret it.
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 02:02 PM   #36
Tech Regular

I don't know whether the 1s thing will take off over here or not. The only people who seem to be pushing for 1s or 4 cell nimh are the 12th drivers, possibly coz they all really have the cells, but the other side of the coin we have touring car drivers who all have 2s liPo. So who know what will happen.
Old 08-10-2009, 02:10 PM   #37
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas1 View Post
I had looked at the darkside car but seems there is a new version in the pipeline!
You are correct on this car. I have been running it prior to release and it has worked really well as 200mm or 235mm on pavement. Needs a little more work for the carpet ..... but .... I should have one of the new prototypes in the next 30 days or so.

There are many of these over seas, and parts are easy to obtain.

As to racing the cars it comes down to the track. Our club has a solid 2 heats of WGT on the carpet and a full heat of 235, 2cell lipo 10.5's on a nitro track every week. We are faster than 1/10 Nitro touring and just a tick slower than the 1/8 nitro cars, but if you can learn to drive (high power, low traction) the cars are a blast.

But I know if I travel anywhere, I had best take the 200mm WGT car or run nitro on the pavement.

My 2 cents
www.darksidems.com www.igthobbies.com www.IGT8.com
Grenade10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 02:43 PM   #38
Tech Regular

I sent an email to the darkside people and have heard nothing back from them unfortunetly, but if the only in prototype stage that's bad luck, I need a car as soon as.
I am a nitro driver and am planning to take the wgt car to the nitro nationals over here to see how they compare, should be fun
Old 08-10-2009, 08:50 PM   #39
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas1 View Post
I sent an email to the darkside people and have heard nothing back from them unfortunetly, but if the only in prototype stage that's bad luck, I need a car as soon as.
I am a nitro driver and am planning to take the wgt car to the nitro nationals over here to see how they compare, should be fun
Eric was out for two weeks, but is back now. For running outside, get the current car and I can help you with the setup. I will not be converting my current car back to 200mm. The new car should be better at 200mm on carpet.

Send e-mail to [email protected], and I'll let him know about your interest.
www.darksidems.com www.igthobbies.com www.IGT8.com
Grenade10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 04:54 AM   #40
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2wdrive View Post
In Holland and Germany they only drive with 2s lipo. You want to go slower? Go buy a higher turn motor or get your rollout a little lower. The whole discussion about "1s lipo, so it is not too fast" is just weird.

Why would you want to go to 1s in a pro10 model anyway? There is enough room on the chassis and there are lots of 2s bricks and saddle packs now. Plus the ballance of some cars will have to be changed with lead as they are designed for saddle packs.

It is not like 1/12th where i think 1s lipo would be a good solution.

Just my 2 euro cents on this matter

PS: I think all brands that make pro10 cars are equal good. Corally, Associated, CRC, BMI etc etc. You can win with all of them as long as it is set up correctly.
The video's I have seen, from Germany at least, show BIG outdoor nitro tracks, we tend to run on smaller tracks in the UK, and in the US they are even smaller still (Usually carpet).
The class isn't big in the UK as it's all become a bit 'catch 22', there isn't a great deal of support from the distributors etc and no-one can agree on exactly what power source should be used so it's all a bit messed up.

I've just started running 1s lipo in my RC10R5 and it's great, the reduced weight helps with handling as well.

Skiddins
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RCDisco.co.uk
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 05:36 AM   #41
Tech Regular

I will probably be running 1s over here too, if we could all agree to do the same I think we could get a series going