Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-06-2004, 04:47 PM   #121
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Show tires??
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 05:34 PM   #122
Tech Rookie

I know, it sounds kind of stupid. But it's like that feeling when you buy a brand new car (1:1) and NOBODY is allowed to eat in it until about 6 months later, there's french fries under the driver's seat.

Andrew
RudeCustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 06:22 PM   #123

Quote:
Originally posted by RudeCustoms
Are the Type-B Slicks that much better? Are these the tires that come stock on the TB-02? The guys 'round here are saying I should've raced on the stock TB-02 tires, but (in my best whiny voice) "They are my show tires."

Andrew
You will have more traction with Type "B", not B2. B2's are sooo hard. My 36-Sorex's work better~!
Suradaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 10:33 PM   #124
Tech Master

Even during the hot summer months, B2's don't work as well as the B's. B's are the way to go.
psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 01:23 AM   #125
P
Tech Initiate

hey SipaBoy got any more of the middle plastic part to extend to m03L if yes How much................??????????
P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 06:18 AM   #126
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

P ,I have one extra one. Free for you. I'll be at Sac the next couple of days. Call me at [510]219-7154
sipaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 11:36 PM   #127
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

OK, what's the best stock motor set-up for the F2001 TCS?
I like the Trinity PK2-pro but last week some one a Trinity moster that just roared!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RC Tech member #11
Aussie Rules Footy, Brisbane LIONS!!
[url]http://www.pitter-pat.com/[/url] for pet care needs in Northern Virginia
Nova F1 Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 01:07 AM   #128
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Re: Tire and Chassis for GT1

Quote:
Originally posted by maresma
Hello, and congrats to the winners from the recent TCS.
I, mainly an amatuer, have some questions on GT1 class.

1. Do you think TA04R chassis (with tub) competitive enough to run in GT1 against TRFs lineups and TBEVOs?

2. What do you think of the wide tire(`66mm dia) vs. med. narrow tire (`62mm dia) in GT1. I have good handling experience with the wide tire in nitro (TG10R) and would like to try that in EP.

3. What's your recommended rollout for Tamiya SuperStock Type RR motor?

4. Does the 3300HV have a big advantage over the 2400SP or 1700SP batteries for the two minutes qualifying?

I will race in Japan this month (coz I work in Japan), so any info pertaining to the race are very much appreciated. For info, this is my 3rd participations in the series, after jumping from N1 class.

I will run TA04 with most probably with NSX body at Tamiya Kakegawa circuit (normally good traction high speed track - but depends on race layout later).

Cheers and thanks in advance.

- Y Ku2 -
Hi,
I had the joy of running at Kakegawa last year with all of the TCS champs. SOOOO big and SOOO much fun! We all put the largest pinion in with the smallest spur so yes, gear it to the moon! The thing that was so cool was that drafting actually worked big time allowing you to slingshot around cars down the straight so you almost don't want to be in the lead Shaft cars seemed to have a little bit of advantage but I wouldn't use the one-way because a few EVO3's chewed up their front gears after contacting the cement infield barrier. Also if I were you I'd get the Modena because it seemed to have less drag then my NSX on that track. Corner traction isn't so much an issue there with the bodies. Just remember to raise your ride height some because there are so many pits from built up rubber that you will bottom out. The 3300's are the way to go also because of the tall gearing and B's were working great although it was about 15c when we were there... burrr!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc05436.jpg (112.6 KB, 133 views)

A picture with your post, when trouble shooting, will probably get more rctech help than without...
MikeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 11:14 AM   #129
Tech Master

Nova

Everyone here was running Monster motors with either the standard 20/55 gearing or the high speed gear set. It appeared to me that the standard gearing was the way to go on our track and that's what I ended up running. I was concerned about burning up a Monster, so I tried a P2K with the hs gear set and I was no match for the guys running standard gearing and a Monster.
psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 09:27 PM   #130
Tech Apprentice

Default Re: Re: Tire and Chassis for GT1

Quote:
Originally posted by MikeR
Hi,
I had the joy of running at Kakegawa last year with all of the TCS champs. SOOOO big and SOOO much fun! We all put the largest pinion in with the smallest spur so yes, gear it to the moon! The thing that was so cool was that drafting actually worked big time allowing you to slingshot around cars down the straight so you almost don't want to be in the lead Shaft cars seemed to have a little bit of advantage but I wouldn't use the one-way because a few EVO3's chewed up their front gears after contacting the cement infield barrier. Also if I were you I'd get the Modena because it seemed to have less drag then my NSX on that track. Corner traction isn't so much an issue there with the bodies. Just remember to raise your ride height some because there are so many pits from built up rubber that you will bottom out. The 3300's are the way to go also because of the tall gearing and B's were working great although it was about 15c when we were there... burrr!
Hey Mike,

Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately, I didn't make the cut in GT1. There were about 60 participants in that class. Two time-attack qualifying format and two mains (A&B - only for 20people).

Anyway, it was a very good experience for me running for the first time in GT1, with TA-04R Tub Chassis. The majority ran TB Evo III (very famous in Japan), and not so many ran 414 or TA04 series, let alone tub chassis like mine I think now I know the limit of TA04.

For info sake, here's my setup at Kakegawa.

Front:
Tire: Type A Med Insert
Camber: -1.5
Toe-out: 1
Ride height: 5mm
Droop: 3mm
Sway bar: Yellow
Spring: Yellow

Rear:
Tire: Type A Med Insert
Camber: -1.5
Toe-in: 2 Degrees (optional rear upright)
Ride height: 5mm
Droop: 5mm
Sway bar: Blue
Spring: Yellow

Motor Tamiya Type RR
Spur 120, Pinion 47
(I should have tried 112/51 combo )
Qualifying time: 2mins
Battery Tamiya 3300HV

Body: Raybrig NSX (older model)
Car handles well, but lacks acceleration and top speed against the more lighter shaft driven TB Evo III.

Very cold (~6C) and windy.
That's all from Shizuoka
maresma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 09:33 PM   #131
Tech Apprentice

Me working on the car (TA04R Tub)...near side
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20040214.jpg (93.8 KB, 125 views)
maresma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2004, 09:11 PM   #132
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default body and battery questions

For the sedan class what body is recommended. I am going to do the tcs race in PA and MD with a tao4r.

The tcs rules are not clear on batteries. Cand I use a normal racing style pack or do I have to use a stick pack. The ta04r has slots for normal racing pack layout.

Thanks.

Jamie
J.Gonzalez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2004, 11:18 PM   #133
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default Re: body and battery questions

Quote:
Originally posted by senna555
For the sedan class what body is recommended. I am going to do the tcs race in PA and MD with a tao4r.

The tcs rules are not clear on batteries. Cand I use a normal racing style pack or do I have to use a stick pack. The ta04r has slots for normal racing pack layout.

Thanks.

Jamie
For now, the Modena and NSX body reigns. If you can get the lightweight kind. So much the better. The R34 skyline is also a good choice. You can configure your batteries however you like. as long they are 6 cells and of a brand name available at hobby stores at whatever rating you like 3300 or lower.
Old 05-06-2004, 11:23 AM   #134
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to BigDogRacing

Memphis TCS race is July 11th. I wish some fast guys would come run GT1 so I won't be so bored...

Here's the link to the thread in the MSRA forum. You can also find info and pics on our website (link in my sig)--- Memphis TCS

Quit flappin yer lips and COME GET SOME!!!!
BigDogRacing is offline   Reply With Quote