R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-02-2004, 09:12 PM   #91
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I loved the all or nothing main style qualifier lol. So much crashing and hacking to get that tq spot lol.

-Sushi Boy
Old 02-02-2004, 09:49 PM   #92
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by ritchie
yep, we know about the rain delays up here in seattle. speaking of which, neil and steve probably shouldn't come up this fall cause its probably gonna rain again. hopefully i'll be able to make next years race. maybe i'll come race during the family visit this summer
I was hoping you would have made it Ritchie. The race program was run very effectively once the computer problems were fixed.
Neil Rabara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 10:20 PM   #93
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to A-Ko

Quote:
Originally posted by linger
I've already won more than my fair share, and I wouldn't be surprised to see an TCS rule amendment that goes something like this:

"Racers that have won the “GRAND” prize, (a.k.a TCS National title) and racers names Ling Tong are eligible to participate in regular season TCS races. They are also eligible to win the first place trophy, however they are not eligible to win prizes that are associated with first place."
Maybe you will need to go on the "Ling Tour 2004".... hit all the tCS races... I think that other rule has Whipplers name on it. You will probably have to wrestle him for it or hit him over the head with your TB02.....
USVTA National Points Member #101
A-Ko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 10:48 PM   #94
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by linger
linger is still using his 414/04R combo, but he now has a spanky new TB02!

A big thanks to the Hobbytown crew for overcoming all the race gremlims.

I've already won more than my fair share, and I wouldn't be surprised to see an TCS rule amendment that goes something like this:

"Racers that have won the “GRAND” prize, (a.k.a TCS National title) and racers names Ling Tong are eligible to participate in regular season TCS races. They are also eligible to win the first place trophy, however they are not eligible to win prizes that are associated with first place."
Congrats Ling,

Looks like the Pinky Power is back!
MDawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 03:55 PM   #95
Tech Addict

So Neil, what car kit did ya end up walking away with, since Steve isn't eligible for car kit since he's a National Champ. I know you would have preferred to win it, then have it handed over to ya. And what was the grand dandy raffle prize, TRF 415 sticker sheet . Got to love TCS, prizes galore, even if ya didn't do to well.
gtypecanare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 04:04 PM   #96
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by gtypecanare
So Neil, what car kit did ya end up walking away with, since Steve isn't eligible for car kit since he's a National Champ. I know you would have preferred to win it, then have it handed over to ya. And what was the grand dandy raffle prize, TRF 415 sticker sheet . Got to love TCS, prizes galore, even if ya didn't do to well.
I received a TA04 SS. You know, the Audi bodies one. I should have won, but the last lap getting around a back marker put me into the road rails allowing Steve to go by. I ran out of time to make any attempt to regain the lead.
Old 02-04-2004, 04:12 PM   #97
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Neil Rabara
I received a TA04 SS. You know, the Audi bodies one. I should have won, but the last lap getting around a back marker put me into the road rails allowing Steve to go by. I ran out of time to make any attempt to regain the lead.
Neil! I can see you doing it this year! Good luck man!
Old 02-04-2004, 06:49 PM   #98
Tech Apprentice

Tire and Chassis for GT1

Hello, and congrats to the winners from the recent TCS.
I, mainly an amatuer, have some questions on GT1 class.

1. Do you think TA04R chassis (with tub) competitive enough to run in GT1 against TRFs lineups and TBEVOs?

2. What do you think of the wide tire(`66mm dia) vs. med. narrow tire (`62mm dia) in GT1. I have good handling experience with the wide tire in nitro (TG10R) and would like to try that in EP.

3. What's your recommended rollout for Tamiya SuperStock Type RR motor?

4. Does the 3300HV have a big advantage over the 2400SP or 1700SP batteries for the two minutes qualifying?

I will race in Japan this month (coz I work in Japan), so any info pertaining to the race are very much appreciated. For info, this is my 3rd participations in the series, after jumping from N1 class.

I will run TA04 with most probably with NSX body at Tamiya Kakegawa circuit (normally good traction high speed track - but depends on race layout later).

Cheers and thanks in advance.

- Y Ku2 -
maresma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 06:52 PM   #99
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Size of tire is a big advantage if you have the gear limitations that japan runs in their worlds races...
dsrbltoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 07:24 PM   #100
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by izzyracer
Neil! I can see you doing it this year! Good luck man!
Thanks, hopefully I'll be able to race considering I might be reassigned.
Old 02-04-2004, 07:49 PM   #101
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally posted by dsrbltoys
Size of tire is a big advantage if you have the gear limitations that japan runs in their worlds races...
Nope, there's no limit on the gearing in GT1. I might gear it to the moon
maresma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 09:27 PM   #102
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Hey guys. I've got my car together. I think I'll be joining you this year in Aliso Viejo. I'll be up at Tamiya once in a while for practice on Saturdays when I can. Any hints on what Tamiya tire/inserts/body combo guys like to run in GT1? Never run anything Tamiya before so this should be interesting. These races look like a lot of fun and I'm really looking forward to racing with you guys.
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 10:00 PM   #103
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by jkerr0043
Hey guys. I've got my car together. I think I'll be joining you this year in Aliso Viejo. I'll be up at Tamiya once in a while for practice on Saturdays when I can. Any hints on what Tamiya tire/inserts/body combo guys like to run in GT1? Never run anything Tamiya before so this should be interesting. These races look like a lot of fun and I'm really looking forward to racing with you guys.
come by my pit on sunday (if your racing la mirada) and ill give you ALL THE INFORMATION YOU NEED TO KNOW

cant help you with set up tho... im still working on mine. but i can fill you in on the rest of the stuff like tires, bodies, inserts..
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 10:03 PM   #104
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Won't be at LM on Sunday but I will be @ RC Heat on the 22nd. You going to be there?
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 10:40 PM   #105
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

ill try. that weekend is gonna be busy for me.

if not .... im at socal on tuesdays and sats anyways.
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote