Tamiya TCS 2004

Old 01-22-2004, 10:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Suradaj is the resident trackmaster and custom painter[the dude owns a real paint shop]here in the Bay Area. A little twisting of the arm or a couple of pearl drinks and he might be persuaded to send you a copy of the layout. What chassis are people using for the mini cooper and GT1 class??
Old 01-22-2004, 05:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Regarding the layout... will it be different than the club races held there? If it's the same, it would be a disadvantage to racers driving long distances... what do you guys think?!?

But really.. I wouldn't care much, hehehe... I'm there to have fun (and probably sleep the whole day after the long drive)... oh, and hope to beat a couple of guys in the D-Main... LOL!

I'll be cheering for Linger all the way... he's my idol! I want to be like him when I grow up... oh wait, I am a grown up... Hahaha...
Old 01-22-2004, 05:58 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

izzyracer.. when did you want to leave. i want to go.. but ill probably be sleeping the entire way home! ill drive on the way there tho if you like..

eeyan.. lets coordinate on when we should leave with izzyracer and what cars to bring. (if not, we can always do socal sat nite and pegasus on sunday!)

ill be cheering for you in the D-main if you cheer for me in the X-main! :-D

ill be running my surikarn for GT1 and TA04-TRF SS for GT2.

watch out.. those TAOB TA04 SS cars will be twitching all the way to the finish line! weeeeeeeeee

Old 01-22-2004, 08:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Mini vs. F201

OK Henry,

I'll be watchin' and learnin' all Sunday to see what I want to do about a new car.

Can't believe that I've only been doing this for six months and already have three cars.

B...B...B...Bill
Old 01-22-2004, 09:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Ok,heres the scoup guys.

This weekends layout will not be the Layout of the tcs weekend.We have a club"warmup" race on saturday Jan31.This gives everyone the oppurtunity to run thier cars on the actual TCS layout in race trim.There is no more advantage to locals if they race on the day before tcs as the out of towners will have the same oppurtunity to run on it saturday with us.We understand your concerns eeyan as this is what we deal with when we race at Tamiya usa track.Your access to the track is costant,thus it gives you the apparent advantage although we could drive 375 miles to get in some practice if we wanted to!

BTW eeyan, Jaime Manzanilla said to say hello and to Bring It!

See you in a week fellas!
Old 01-22-2004, 11:37 PM
Tech Lord

Default Re: Mini vs. F201

Originally posted by XXX-S Bill
OK Henry,

I'll be watchin' and learnin' all Sunday to see what I want to do about a new car.

Can't believe that I've only been doing this for six months and already have three cars.

B...B...B...Bill
wow.. ONLY? i had 5 tamiyas in 6 months hehehe... they're like pringles.. once you pop..you cant stop!

10 MORE DAYS....
Old 01-22-2004, 11:51 PM
Tech Master

Tell me about it. I got some nib Mountaineer,mint Hiluxes,Sand Scorchers and other collectibles. Hhmmmm, if I count I probably went thru 5 cars this month.lol!!!Offroad baby!!and some onroad the last few weeks.Anybody with the latest mini setup? Especially any new tricks on making those type A's work better?
Old 01-23-2004, 07:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Henry.What do you mean?Is there a better tire then the 60d a's?I cant think of one off hand myself.They work in all conditions I ran them in.My Mini setup for newark is railed.Its good for everywhere I ran last season.Salinas,Hobbytown,RcCar,etc.
If you want it,let me know.I have given it to about 3 different people so far to help since all of you guys except myself suffered from traction rolling problems.Talk to you later.
Old 01-23-2004, 08:05 AM
Tech Master

Just wondering the insert setups for the type A's. I got a few myself and made a pair of type a's with double inserts[24mm molded/regular foam] and a pair with 24mm molded tc insert and a pair with regular Tamiya foam inserts.Racenut I have a couple of extra middle plastic part[to extend to m03L]. It's good to have and hard to find. You can switch around a short wheelbase and long wheelbase depending on the track and condition.Anyone have comments on the mini cooper black rims? They're more stiffer but I notice they crack more faster than the regular gray ones. Maybe they're too stiff to be used as rims.Racenut, do you have an extra blue trf short spring? I really need one so I can use my threaded shocks on the mini cooper.Email me at [email protected].
Old 01-23-2004, 10:36 AM

I am not doing the layout for TCS. HobbyTown and TAMIYA will be doing it. I heard that the layout might be the Worlds layout when Surikarn won.
Old 01-23-2004, 10:48 AM
Tech Elite

Is there a driver's stand there or do we need to bring step ladders?
Old 01-23-2004, 10:50 AM
Tech Master

Would the track be run clockwise or counter clockwise? Been doing indoor offroad with the host hobby shop manager[Gary] for the last 6 weeks now and we've been running counter clockwise all that time. I need to practice the other way around again.
Old 01-23-2004, 10:57 AM

I am sure that we are running clockwise.
There will be a drivers stand. Not the greatest but it does the job~!
Old 01-23-2004, 11:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally posted by Suradaj
I am sure that we are running clockwise.
There will be a drivers stand. Not the greatest but it does the job~!
Suradaj: Do you advice for us to bring a generator?
Old 01-23-2004, 11:09 AM
Tech Lord

can you throw in a lot of chicanes and 180 switchbacks for the track layout so the SS guys *ahem* primarily the TAOB guys.. can have an advantage!? hahaha

still deciding on whether or not im going.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.