Wiki Posts
Search

ABC Hobby MSeries v2i

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 05:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ppabalan
I second that KandyRedCoi, now let's roll!!!!,, hey for a second I did sounded like optimus there........ lets enjoy and support everyone in the hobby specially those who are new, this mini class is a perfect for them to ease their entry into the hobby. Plus our Mini 4wd Class is growing in the east coast THE TRACK will have their first big event for this class,

HarryN any updates on THE TRACK?
Hey Patrick,

Just a couple updates, but nothing new yet. Things are slowly coming together. We're just waiting for the carpet and the barriers to come in. Other than that, just setting my car up. I bought the aluminum steering servo mounts and the shim kit for the camber adjustments. I still need body posts... argh! Plus Chase (cyclonex) showed me his ABC Hobby body, the body I wanted so badly but didn't know was out, and now I am livid!

Here is the barrier system we will be using for the track layout, provided by Calandra Racing Concepts:

http://www.teamcrc.com/crc/modules.p...howpage&pid=12

Mimi had to order a couple of the big package since we have a huge track. Our track is 110'x50'. She is hoping she has enough pieces to form the outline of the track. As are we!

And here is the carpet we will be using for the winter:

http://www.teamcrc.com/crc/modules.p...howpage&pid=11

Apparently this is one of the best carpets you can get for carpet racing. I thought the carpet Mimi had before was perfect. But this stuff is better from what I was told. It will definitely be interesting to see how awesome it is when it comes in (whenever that will be).

Other than that, same old, same old. Mimi sold a couple more ABC cars as well. The class is very popular right now. We have a couple or so HPI Cup Racers, 13 ABC Hobby Genetic racers, an Xpress MRR2 Mini, and a couple Tamiya Mini racers. So yes, we have one hell of a Mini gathering going on. If the class remains this popular, I think Mimi may add the class to the NorthEast Grand Slam Series. But we don't know yet until winter comes along.

For those wondering what the Xpress MRR2 Mini looks like:

The bodies for the car are horridly disgusting.

Hopefully you all can make it up for our first race!
Old 08-13-2009, 07:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HarryN
Hey Patrick,

Just a couple updates, but nothing new yet. Things are slowly coming together. We're just waiting for the carpet and the barriers to come in. Other than that, just setting my car up. I bought the aluminum steering servo mounts and the shim kit for the camber adjustments. I still need body posts... argh! Plus Chase (cyclonex) showed me his ABC Hobby body, the body I wanted so badly but didn't know was out, and now I am livid!

Here is the barrier system we will be using for the track layout, provided by Calandra Racing Concepts:

http://www.teamcrc.com/crc/modules.p...howpage&pid=12

Mimi had to order a couple of the big package since we have a huge track. Our track is 110'x50'. She is hoping she has enough pieces to form the outline of the track. As are we!

And here is the carpet we will be using for the winter:

http://www.teamcrc.com/crc/modules.p...howpage&pid=11

Apparently this is one of the best carpets you can get for carpet racing. I thought the carpet Mimi had before was perfect. But this stuff is better from what I was told. It will definitely be interesting to see how awesome it is when it comes in (whenever that will be).

Other than that, same old, same old. Mimi sold a couple more ABC cars as well. The class is very popular right now. We have a couple or so HPI Cup Racers, 13 ABC Hobby Genetic racers, an Xpress MRR2 Mini, and a couple Tamiya Mini racers. So yes, we have one hell of a Mini gathering going on. If the class remains this popular, I think Mimi may add the class to the NorthEast Grand Slam Series. But we don't know yet until winter comes along.

For those wondering what the Xpress MRR2 Mini looks like:

The bodies for the car are horridly disgusting.

Hopefully you all can make it up for our first race!
Thanks HarryN , you guys will have an exciting healthy competition with other MINI 4WD guaranteed %100 fun,

hey our MJGTC series rnd#2 will hit the carpet this saturday, do you have some tips for the frist time carpet racers here in socal in terms of setup, coz u know we are asphalt and concrete country here thx.
Old 08-13-2009, 08:14 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

hey our MJGTC series rnd#2 will hit the carpet this saturday, do you have some tips for the frist time carpet racers here in socal in terms of setup, coz u know we are asphalt and concrete country here thx.[/QUOTE]

here's what i use the last time i run at ocrc and my car is awsome ...it's so hooked and stuck to the floor like a vacuum...NO traction roll here... see you guys there
Attached Thumbnails ABC Hobby MSeries v2i-roller.jpg  
Old 08-13-2009, 08:19 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks HarryN , you guys will have an exciting healthy competition with other MINI 4WD guaranteed %100 fun,

hey our MJGTC series rnd#2 will hit the carpet this saturday, do you have some tips for the frist time carpet racers here in socal in terms of setup, coz u know we are asphalt and concrete country here thx.
I'd love to help, however one thing I gotta ask is how the traction is on the carpet. Usually you want to go a little lighter with your shock oil (possibly 30 or 35 max) setup since carpet has more give than asphalt does. As far as camber and toe, you may not need to change much, but it all depends on the traction.

Also, use jack the gripper compound or whatever compound you use for traction. Here at The Track, one of the drivers gave me a tip about using Buggy Grip, let it dry on, then apply traction compound on top. It will make your tires like gum.

If anyone has information about the type of carpet traction you guys will be racing at, it would definitely help. I learned a lot from the local racers here at The Track and I don't mind passing on what I have learned from them.
Old 08-13-2009, 01:22 PM
Tech Regular

Last edited by revoTPR; 09-25-2009 at 03:42 PM.
Old 08-13-2009, 03:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Smile

Originally Posted by bvalistic
here's what i use the last time i run at ocrc and my car is awsome ...it's so hooked and stuck to the floor like a vacuum...NO traction roll here... see you guys there [/QUOTE]

bvalistic - will 680 home appliances still carry them, last time when you went to OCRC with this tuned part, did you? "knock oooon your doooor ring aaaall your beeells tap on your windows tooo"
Old 08-13-2009, 03:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by revoTPR
we all know what happened to charlie b at wcrc.....it sucks and we hope we can make it right,but unfortunately we racers dont have any power over these things.

ALL ABC DRIVERS!

You all know what Charlie B has done for our sport....he gave us all a place to race when there was no tracks available out there. over 10 yrs.

I hope we can all support the coming OC circuit events!

I know alot of you guys say that its easier to just race at an indoor track and i understand.

but if you guys can.....lets join charlie and his crew for some outdoor action.

thanks guys.

For sure I'll do
Old 08-13-2009, 03:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default tune

here's what i use the last time i run at ocrc and my car is awsome ...it's so hooked and stuck to the floor like a vacuum...NO traction roll here... see you guys there

bvalistic - will 680 home appliances still carry them, last time when you went to OCRC with this tuned part, did you? "knock oooon your doooor ring aaaall your beeells tap on your windows tooo" [/QUOTE]

Man!! im surprise you still know the tune...sing it for us at the race
Old 08-13-2009, 03:40 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

patrick.. last time i raced at OCRC... the expert guys did all the same thing with Jack the Gripper. Apply Jack to the rear tires first. wait 20 mins.. then apply it to the front.

longer you wait.. the more rear traction you have. the shorter, forward traction. etc.

for the main.. i applied the front 15mins after...and my car was more aggressive. Jack the Gripper also works at West Coast.
Old 08-13-2009, 04:20 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by revoTPR
we all know what happened to charlie b at wcrc.....it sucks and we hope we can make it right,but unfortunately we racers dont have any power over these things.

ALL ABC DRIVERS!

You all know what Charlie B has done for our sport....he gave us all a place to race when there was no tracks available out there. over 10 yrs.

I hope we can all support the coming OC circuit events!

I know alot of you guys say that its easier to just race at an indoor track and i understand.

but if you guys can.....lets join charlie and his crew for some outdoor action.

thanks guys.
O sige!
Old 08-13-2009, 08:23 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zangonli
O sige!
WTH?

Patrick, the name of that song is also the name of the CD I made you... electrolux

I'm going to make the race on saturday, I'm already charging my battery.
Attached Thumbnails ABC Hobby MSeries v2i-battery.jpg  
Old 08-13-2009, 08:56 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Hebiki
patrick.. last time i raced at OCRC... the expert guys did all the same thing with Jack the Gripper. Apply Jack to the rear tires first. wait 20 mins.. then apply it to the front.

longer you wait.. the more rear traction you have. the shorter, forward traction. etc.

for the main.. i applied the front 15mins after...and my car was more aggressive. Jack the Gripper also works at West Coast.
If you want better traction, apply some Buggy Grip on the tires first and let it dry. It gets your tires nice and soft. When you apply Jack the Gripper after that, the solution makes your tires even gummier. This is a trick I learned from one of the experts at my track. And boy is he right. Try it out. Buggy Grip dries really fast. But it smells like nail polish remover.

As far as applying compound, do all tires at the same time so you have equal amounts and have equal wear of the compound. Usually what I do is coat the rear tires entirely and then do about half of the tires up front. Let it sit for 10 - 15 minutes initially. Once it is dry, apply a second lighter coat after that. Do this 5 minutes before the race. When your heat/main is up, clean off the tires with a rag and watch those tires GRIP!!

I wish you guys luck!!
Old 08-13-2009, 09:39 PM
Tech Addict

Hey Pratrik just to let you know that

BCR is open on Saturdays again. Starting this saturday.

If you get a chance, come on by.

Raffell
Old 08-13-2009, 10:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Raffell
Hey Pratrik just to let you know that

BCR is open on Saturdays again. Starting this saturday.

If you get a chance, come on by.

Raffell
Niczzz!!! Raffell Sats are always good, I would like to book some dates with you for the TBA dates ,for the MJGTC 2 series, I will check with the local events so we won't have a sched. conflict,

Last edited by ppabalan; 08-14-2009 at 12:05 AM.
Old 08-13-2009, 11:03 PM
Tech Regular

Last edited by revoTPR; 09-25-2009 at 03:42 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.