Wiki Posts
Search

Ofna JL-10 E

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 07:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Couple of quick ones

Dose anyone know if the ld3 rtr bodies will fit well? they look pretty cool and it would be easy to have a consistent "look" for playing around with a TC setup

Also anyone know where i can get some ofna stickers? want to put some down the side of my RCGT car and on the wing but cant find where to buy any
Old 09-23-2009, 11:03 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by D Starks
Anytime VenturaDC
A good starting point for the Camarillo track would be:
Front: 60wt shock oil
copper springs
downstops set at 5mm
camber link upper inside hole
Ride height 6.0 mm
Shock position 3rd hole from the bottom.
Camber 1.0 degree
Rear: 40wt shock oil
Black stock springs
Downstops set at 6mm
Camber link: Hub: top hole. Shock tower Upper inside hole.
Camber 1.5 degree
Ride Height 6.5mm
Thanks dave much appreciated

last few questions (for now lol)

Front toe?

rear shock position?

rebound distance on shocks?

Thanks again for all the help, cant wait to start running this car and am definitely looking forward to running the rcgt series next year with it
Old 09-24-2009, 10:41 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

dang it just found out the car is on back order!!!!
LOL oh well I guess wait
Old 09-24-2009, 10:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by VenturaDC
Couple of quick ones

Dose anyone know if the ld3 rtr bodies will fit well? they look pretty cool and it would be easy to have a consistent "look" for playing around with a TC setup

Also anyone know where i can get some ofna stickers? want to put some down the side of my RCGT car and on the wing but cant find where to buy any
They should fit, i'm just not sure if the engine cooling holes are cut out or not already. I plan on running mine with a 200mm Mazda 6.

As far as Ofna decals, you should've hit anyone of us up for some last Sunday, but PM D Starks and i'm sure he can shoot you some straight from Ofna.
Old 09-24-2009, 02:06 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks dave much appreciated

last few questions (for now lol)

Front toe?

rear shock position?

rebound distance on shocks?

Thanks again for all the help, cant wait to start running this car and am definitely looking forward to running the rcgt series next year with it
Hey VenturaDC
front toe .5 per side
rear shock position 2nd from the bottom ( I was not clear before use the top holes on the shock tower)
I am using 0 rebound at this time

Send me a pm with your info for some decals
Old 09-24-2009, 05:25 PM
Tech Master

Thanks dave

Anyone thinking of getting the JL-10E , the direct factory support found here is worth it alone!!

Well that and a wicked dialed car for a great price helps!

Pm Sent
Old 09-25-2009, 02:41 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Casey Belarde
in the spirit of getting a new class RCGT going here in Spokane
I will be buying JL10e! already on order at the LHS!!!
I have had many xrays! I would assume set up pretty basic, droop,castor, chamber,ride height,toe are they all adjustable on this car?
any set up help would be great, from what I read looks like only shock oils and springs?
has anyone tried a spool yet?

what are the wheel options? my lhs has hpi 26mm spoked wheels in stock but are 6mm offset, is that standard?

thanks for the info
i use spool in my JL.
Old 09-25-2009, 04:14 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Casey Belarde

what are the wheel options? my lhs has hpi 26mm spoked wheels in stock but are 6mm offset, is that standard?

thanks for the info
Sorry to get back to you so late Casey. We use 0mm offset in RCGT.

Hope this helps you.
Old 09-25-2009, 04:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

thanks for the info
now just to wait for it to get here!! LOL
Old 09-25-2009, 06:24 PM
Tech Master

have you tried nitrohouse.com

thats where i ordered mine and it came super fast
Old 09-26-2009, 11:12 AM
Tech Regular

here's the video of the 2009 RCGT Championship at Camarillo Ca.

Video from Paul Dabao.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzJwFlKhzxo
Old 09-27-2009, 06:55 PM
Tech Master

Well here is a little race report from my first outing with the jl-10e,

sorry its long

My extra tekin RS hasnt showed up yet and i didnt want to take my other one out of my touring car so i had to use a very old and uncut 27t motor and a rtr speedo out of a Xtm 2wd truck,and all i had laying around was an old tamiya carrera gt body with almost no rear wing and no rear downforce, and on top of that my tire order hadnt made it in either so i was stuck running well worn borrowed D-compounds.

During morning practice i was battling a weird left hook, every left turn would just spin me out, i couldnt figure it out for the life of me and it forced me to drive quite conservatively on top of being incredibly low on power.

There wasnt enough expert entries to have thier own class so we ran a full mixed class , so with all the things working against me i dropped all expectations of doing well at all.

Qualifier 1, somehow i managed to grab the holeshot and pull the lead for about 3 or 4 laps even with my left turn handicap and super slow motor, I absolutely couldnt believe how fast this car was even with everything working against us, one min to go and i thermal and shut down (havent used a brushed motor in so long couldnt remember where to gear it) and was out of the race.

Qualifier 2, After gearing down and going over the car countless times trying to figure out the left hook issue( to no avail ) i managed to grab the holeshot again (this shaft car rips out the hole) still limping the car around the left turns i fought off the hounds as long as i could but this old brushed motor is no match for the 17.5's of today with all the new speedo technology and they reeled me in and i dropped down to 5th which is where i finish the qual two laps down from first.

The Main, During the lunch break i was playing with my steering servo on the bench with the body on and finally noticed the body was catching on the left front wheel on full left turns, trimmed it up and the left hook was gone (YAY) now i can really run it hard (well as hard as this old tired motor would let me) So on the start i once again grab the holeshot (starting in 5th) and give it everything its got, hold the lead for about a lap, i was just getting totally murdered on the straightaway so i was slowly picked off and dropped into third where i battled back and fourth with 4th place with me getting him in the infield and and him blowing my doors off on the straightaway. With everything working against me i manage to pull off a third place still on the lead lap.

This car is sooo well balanced and sooo easy to drive fast that even with subpar equipment its still a contender. I am totally sold on the car and i feel bad for my competition when my ESC/Motor gets here HAHA, All day long people kept coming to my pit to ask to see the car and talk about it with me and it blew everyone away that such an inexpensive car could run so well. I couldnt recommend a better car for rcgt!

Last edited by VenturaDC; 09-27-2009 at 08:01 PM.
Old 09-28-2009, 02:31 AM
Tech Regular

Well here is a little race report from my first outing with the jl-10e,

sorry its long

My extra tekin RS hasnt showed up yet and i didnt want to take my other one out of my touring car so i had to use a very old and uncut 27t motor and a rtr speedo out of a Xtm 2wd truck,and all i had laying around was an old tamiya carrera gt body with almost no rear wing and no rear downforce, and on top of that my tire order hadnt made it in either so i was stuck running well worn borrowed D-compounds.

During morning practice i was battling a weird left hook, every left turn would just spin me out, i couldnt figure it out for the life of me and it forced me to drive quite conservatively on top of being incredibly low on power.

There wasnt enough expert entries to have thier own class so we ran a full mixed class , so with all the things working against me i dropped all expectations of doing well at all.

Qualifier 1, somehow i managed to grab the holeshot and pull the lead for about 3 or 4 laps even with my left turn handicap and super slow motor, I absolutely couldnt believe how fast this car was even with everything working against us, one min to go and i thermal and shut down (havent used a brushed motor in so long couldnt remember where to gear it) and was out of the race.

Qualifier 2, After gearing down and going over the car countless times trying to figure out the left hook issue( to no avail ) i managed to grab the holeshot again (this shaft car rips out the hole) still limping the car around the left turns i fought off the hounds as long as i could but this old brushed motor is no match for the 17.5's of today with all the new speedo technology and they reeled me in and i dropped down to 5th which is where i finish the qual two laps down from first.

The Main, During the lunch break i was playing with my steering servo on the bench with the body on and finally noticed the body was catching on the left front wheel on full left turns, trimmed it up and the left hook was gone (YAY) now i can really run it hard (well as hard as this old tired motor would let me) So on the start i once again grab the holeshot (starting in 5th) and give it everything its got, hold the lead for about a lap, i was just getting totally murdered on the straightaway so i was slowly picked off and dropped into third where i battled back and fourth with 4th place with me getting him in the infield and and him blowing my doors off on the straightaway. With everything working against me i manage to pull off a third place still on the lead lap.

This car is sooo well balanced and sooo easy to drive fast that even with subpar equipment its still a contender. I am totally sold on the car and i feel bad for my competition when my ESC/Motor gets here HAHA, All day long people kept coming to my pit to ask to see the car and talk about it with me and it blew everyone away that such an inexpensive car could run so well. I couldnt recommend a better car for rcgt!
im glad the car is working good for you.
Old 09-30-2009, 10:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Where's the JL-10 action at this weekend? I'll be at Speedtech Sunday .
Old 10-01-2009, 03:30 PM
Tech Adept

Sorry can't make it to Speedtech this weekend.
Where will O.C. Circut be next weekend?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.