Ofna JL-10 E

Old 08-07-2009, 12:50 AM
  #61  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (12)
 
CSF0623's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Los Angeles, Ca
Posts: 870
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by KandyRedCoi View Post
to be honest the price of the car is awesome, esp for how it performs, problem for me is the $$$ to buy a new 17.5 brushless set up, more Li-Po batts, another 2.4 reciever and a hi-speed servo = 4x the cost of the actual car
i need recession friendly hook-ups
If u are just gonna play around just run a brushed esc and 27t brushed motor. If you are gonna race on a regular basis then u would have to save a few bucks. Ur a ROCKSTAR u can afford new gear n/e way...hurry and buy ur ISH!
CSF0623 is offline  
Old 08-07-2009, 01:14 AM
  #62  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (10)
 
J.Dy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 155
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by KandyRedCoi View Post
to be honest the price of the car is awesome, esp for how it performs, problem for me is the $$$ to buy a new 17.5 brushless set up, more Li-Po batts, another 2.4 reciever and a hi-speed servo = 4x the cost of the actual car
i need recession friendly hook-ups
Might be selling my 17.5 brushless setup. I'm always at the track if you're interested.
J.Dy is offline  
Old 08-07-2009, 01:54 AM
  #63  
Tech Adept
 
KandyRedCoi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: 951
Posts: 183
Default

Originally Posted by CSF0623 View Post
If u are just gonna play around just run a brushed esc and 27t brushed motor. If you are gonna race on a regular basis then u would have to save a few bucks. Ur a ROCKSTAR u can afford new gear n/e way...hurry and buy ur ISH!
i also thought about that, just not sure how competitive i can be even if we are just bashin around, i just dont wanna get stomped on every time we r running on the track, practice or race

i might have to give you a call in the morning

Originally Posted by J.Dy View Post
Might be selling my 17.5 brushless setup. I'm always at the track if you're interested.
oh snaps, ill def hit you up, thanx!
KandyRedCoi is offline  
Old 08-11-2009, 08:19 PM
  #64  
Tech Regular
 
revoTPR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: wes co, s0cal
Posts: 367
Default

Yesterday was a good day with the JL-10 car...everything i changed on the car made an improvement on the handling..so far so good...a few more testing and she should be ready for her first RCGT race. Go Team Ofna JL-10!

i was testing it side by side with a buddy who drove an Xray...wow the car can hang with the expensive Xray,and even pass it!
revoTPR is offline  
Old 08-11-2009, 08:58 PM
  #65  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (12)
 
CSF0623's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Los Angeles, Ca
Posts: 870
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by revoTPR View Post
Yesterday was a good day with the JL-10 car...everything i changed on the car made an improvement on the handling..so far so good...a few more testing and she should be ready for her first RCGT race. Go Team Ofna JL-10!

i was testing it side by side with a buddy who drove an Xray...wow the car can hang with the expensive Xray,and even pass it!
Dood, you talking about Tony's son?
CSF0623 is offline  
Old 08-11-2009, 09:27 PM
  #66  
Tech Adept
 
KandyRedCoi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: 951
Posts: 183
Default

im almost ready to pull the trigger...woot woot...just need a lil bit more $$$

i cant wait!!!

btw: what suspension and tire set up are you guys running at WCRC?

thanx!
KandyRedCoi is offline  
Old 08-11-2009, 09:51 PM
  #67  
Registered User
iTrader: (21)
 
snrscion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Garden Grove
Posts: 959
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

are you going to race or just play coi?
snrscion is offline  
Old 08-12-2009, 12:23 AM
  #68  
Tech Adept
 
KandyRedCoi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: 951
Posts: 183
Default

Originally Posted by snrscion View Post
are you going to race or just play coi?
i want to race, but due to my JOB i can only race on weekdays, so for the most part i will use it to play around with you guys on practice day, eventually i do want to race a few club events
KandyRedCoi is offline  
Old 08-12-2009, 01:16 AM
  #69  
Tech Regular
 
revoTPR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: wes co, s0cal
Posts: 367
Default

Originally Posted by CSF0623 View Post
Dood, you talking about Tony's son?
no, talking about ryan with his rcgt car
revoTPR is offline  
Old 08-12-2009, 01:30 AM
  #70  
Tech Master
iTrader: (5)
 
skiptomylou6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: CA
Posts: 1,308
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

This car is super dialed, I drove Starks' car Monday night and daaaaaaamn if it was my car I'd be man handling that thing! But it wasn't my car so I had to be softer on it than usual but it was DIALED
skiptomylou6 is offline  
Old 08-12-2009, 08:51 AM
  #71  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (12)
 
CSF0623's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Los Angeles, Ca
Posts: 870
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by KandyRedCoi View Post
i want to race, but due to my JOB i can only race on weekdays, so for the most part i will use it to play around with you guys on practice day, eventually i do want to race a few club events
Race on Tuesday.
CSF0623 is offline  
Old 08-12-2009, 09:37 AM
  #72  
Tech Adept
 
KandyRedCoi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: 951
Posts: 183
Default

Originally Posted by CSF0623 View Post
Race on Tuesday.
i will if you will
KandyRedCoi is offline  
Old 08-12-2009, 12:43 PM
  #73  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 204
Default

Originally Posted by KandyRedCoi View Post
i want to race, but due to my JOB i can only race on weekdays, so for the most part i will use it to play around with you guys on practice day, eventually i do want to race a few club events
If your not racing Coi may I suggest using Jaco green. They are cheaper to run. But if your racing x pattern pro compound non belted for the JL10e.
Steve and I practice and play with the Jaco's
D Starks is offline  
Old 08-12-2009, 03:23 PM
  #74  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (12)
 
CSF0623's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Los Angeles, Ca
Posts: 870
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by KandyRedCoi View Post
i will if you will
WHAT!!! You need me to hold your hand..lol. Buy your car and we will go from there.
CSF0623 is offline  
Old 08-12-2009, 03:30 PM
  #75  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (26)
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,921
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by CSF0623 View Post


WHAT!!! You need me to hold your hand..lol. Buy your car and we will go from there.
you should get a JL-10 too.. so you can help out Koi. then you can GIVE me your cyclone.
Hebiki is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.