R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-30-2011, 05:30 PM   #706
Tech Fanatic
 
TrailblazerSS81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 859
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

What pinion gear are you guys running in the VTA Class?
__________________
Byron Fuels/Airtronics M11x/Mugen Seiki/Hitec/TLR/Tekin/ProTek Supreme Power/Xray XT9
TrailblazerSS81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 07:34 PM   #707
Tech Addict
 
FauxMako's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 523
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailblazerSS81 View Post
What pinion gear are you guys running in the VTA Class?
48T pinion/78T spur, 64 pitch. FDR=4.06. If you're running 48 pitch, try 36/58, should be about the same FDR.
__________________
Mike

3 3Racing Sakura Zeros: Mustang Boss VTA // Lexus LFA USGT // MazdaSpeed 6 TC
Mini M03 & M05
Life is better with a soundtrack
FauxMako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 06:01 AM   #708
Tech Fanatic
 
TrailblazerSS81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 859
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

FDR at my track is 6.92. So this is what I came up with
29/82*2.5=7.06
__________________
Byron Fuels/Airtronics M11x/Mugen Seiki/Hitec/TLR/Tekin/ProTek Supreme Power/Xray XT9
TrailblazerSS81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 03:41 PM   #709
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 59
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Will the hpi wheels & tires for the vta class fit? Also what body for the vta will fit? I know the front wheels are 26mm & 31mm rears. As for body goes, I was thinking about the hpi camaro.
crasher19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 04:03 PM   #710
Tech Addict
 
FauxMako's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 523
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crasher19 View Post
Will the hpi wheels & tires for the vta class fit? Also what body for the vta will fit? I know the front wheels are 26mm & 31mm rears. As for body goes, I was thinking about the hpi camaro.
I don't think you'd have any problem with any of the VTA legal bodies. Wheels are designed to fill out those bodies so no problems with those either. I've mounted HPI 68 Camaro and 2 different Mustang bodies with no problems.
__________________
Mike

3 3Racing Sakura Zeros: Mustang Boss VTA // Lexus LFA USGT // MazdaSpeed 6 TC
Mini M03 & M05
Life is better with a soundtrack
FauxMako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 05:47 PM   #711
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 59
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauxMako View Post
I don't think you'd have any problem with any of the VTA legal bodies. Wheels are designed to fill out those bodies so no problems with those either. I've mounted HPI 68 Camaro and 2 different Mustang bodies with no problems.
Thanks. I didnt think the body would be a problem. What about the wheels & tires? I know the fronts are 26mm & the rears are 31mm. Does anyone race the JL10 as a vta? If so are you using the 25.5 brushless? How does it perform compared to an associated losi xray? I dont have the car yet but will be ordering it tomorrow. So far I heard alot of good things about it. Everything new has some flaws but they can all be worked out. Looking forward to getting this. What servo is the best for the car?
crasher19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 06:12 PM   #712
Tech Fanatic
 
TrailblazerSS81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 859
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crasher19 View Post
Thanks. I didnt think the body would be a problem. What about the wheels & tires? I know the fronts are 26mm & the rears are 31mm. Does anyone race the JL10 as a vta? If so are you using the 25.5 brushless? How does it perform compared to an associated losi xray? I dont have the car yet but will be ordering it tomorrow. So far I heard alot of good things about it. Everything new has some flaws but they can all be worked out. Looking forward to getting this. What servo is the best for the car?
I ordered mine the other day with the 25.5 brushless motor, hpi wheels and tires, and a 69 camaro body I will let you know when I get it and if the wheels fit. I'm just taking a chance and hoping that they will fit
__________________
Byron Fuels/Airtronics M11x/Mugen Seiki/Hitec/TLR/Tekin/ProTek Supreme Power/Xray XT9
TrailblazerSS81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 06:14 PM   #713
Tech Addict
 
FauxMako's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 523
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crasher19 View Post
Thanks. I didnt think the body would be a problem. What about the wheels & tires? I know the fronts are 26mm & the rears are 31mm. Does anyone race the JL10 as a vta? If so are you using the 25.5 brushless? How does it perform compared to an associated losi xray? I dont have the car yet but will be ordering it tomorrow. So far I heard alot of good things about it. Everything new has some flaws but they can all be worked out. Looking forward to getting this. What servo is the best for the car?
I ran VTA with it for a couple of months. No problem with the HPI VTA wheels. They mount right up. My only real problem was the screws holding the bottom of the C cups to the A arms on the front kept coming out. Loosing those screws and bushing was a hassle. Other than that ran fine.

Novak Ballistic 25.5 and GTB2 for motor/esc. Spektrum DX3S TX/SR300 RX. Not sure if I was running one of the Spectrum servos or something out of an HPI or Traxxas car at that point. But it was pretty much your standard run of the mill, middle of the road servo.

It's a good starting car. VTA is a good starting class. Use them to learn with and then as you go up to faster classes invest in better chassis.
__________________
Mike

3 3Racing Sakura Zeros: Mustang Boss VTA // Lexus LFA USGT // MazdaSpeed 6 TC
Mini M03 & M05
Life is better with a soundtrack
FauxMako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 09:00 PM   #714
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 59
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Hello,
Im trying to make a parts list for the JL10. I noticed I couldnt find any rear hub carriers. Where can I find them? I found the front steering blocks, caster blocks, lower front & rear arms so far. What else will I need to get?
crasher19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 10:11 AM   #715
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 204
Default

The rear up-rights should be part# 37560
Try Nitrohouse they should have the parts.
Here is a link:

http://www.nitrohouse.com/p11462/Rea...duct_info.html
D Starks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 06:04 PM   #716
Tech Addict
 
FauxMako's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 523
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Starks View Post
The rear up-rights should be part# 37560
Try Nitrohouse they should have the parts.
Here is a link:

http://www.nitrohouse.com/p11462/Rea...duct_info.html
+1 on Nitrohouse, they seem to be about the only place that keeps parts for the JL10e in stock.
__________________
Mike

3 3Racing Sakura Zeros: Mustang Boss VTA // Lexus LFA USGT // MazdaSpeed 6 TC
Mini M03 & M05
Life is better with a soundtrack
FauxMako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 04:36 PM   #717
Tech Fanatic
 
TrailblazerSS81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 859
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauxMako View Post
48T pinion/78T spur, 64 pitch. FDR=4.06. If you're running 48 pitch, try 36/58, should be about the same FDR.
Where can I find a 64 pitch spur gear for this car?
__________________
Byron Fuels/Airtronics M11x/Mugen Seiki/Hitec/TLR/Tekin/ProTek Supreme Power/Xray XT9
TrailblazerSS81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 06:41 PM   #718
Tech Fanatic
 
TrailblazerSS81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 859
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Will this one work http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Spur-Gear-70T ?????????????
__________________
Byron Fuels/Airtronics M11x/Mugen Seiki/Hitec/TLR/Tekin/ProTek Supreme Power/Xray XT9
TrailblazerSS81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 08:59 PM   #719
Tech Addict
 
FauxMako's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 523
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailblazerSS81 View Post
While it will probably work it's 48 pitch and 70 teeth (48p 70t).

This http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Spur-Gear-78T is 64 pitch and 78 teeth (64p 78t). There are a couple of other brands at A Main as well if you don't like that brand. Just put "64p 78t spur" in the search box.
__________________
Mike

3 3Racing Sakura Zeros: Mustang Boss VTA // Lexus LFA USGT // MazdaSpeed 6 TC
Mini M03 & M05
Life is better with a soundtrack
FauxMako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 07:52 PM   #720
Tech Fanatic
 
TrailblazerSS81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 859
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauxMako View Post
While it will probably work it's 48 pitch and 70 teeth (48p 70t).

This http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Spur-Gear-78T is 64 pitch and 78 teeth (64p 78t). There are a couple of other brands at A Main as well if you don't like that brand. Just put "64p 78t spur" in the search box.
Thanks. FauxMako What would be a good combo for a FDR 5.0?
__________________
Byron Fuels/Airtronics M11x/Mugen Seiki/Hitec/TLR/Tekin/ProTek Supreme Power/Xray XT9
TrailblazerSS81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Picco .12 JL Red Dot & 30% heeltoedrver Nitro Off-Road 14 01-22-2009 07:22 PM
help me pick a engine LOW ET Onroad Nitro Engine Zone 19 12-27-2007 06:36 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:17 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net