R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-05-2009, 02:18 AM   #151
Tech Regular
 
revoTPR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: wes co, s0cal
Posts: 367
Default

Dave.....finally got mine running to how i like it....see you guys out there soon.
__________________
da Return of da Comeback....tadadadannn :kembot:
// T.P.R. Team Pinoy Racing....oLskooL baby oLskooL!
Team JL-10 Ofna!! / ABC Genetic / Reppin OC Circuit!
Yokomo GT4
Express Sedan 4WD/Express Mini 4WD
revoTPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 12:15 AM   #152
Tech Regular
 
revoTPR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: wes co, s0cal
Posts: 367
Default

see you guys at speedtech!
__________________
da Return of da Comeback....tadadadannn :kembot:
// T.P.R. Team Pinoy Racing....oLskooL baby oLskooL!
Team JL-10 Ofna!! / ABC Genetic / Reppin OC Circuit!
Yokomo GT4
Express Sedan 4WD/Express Mini 4WD
revoTPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 10:49 AM   #153
Tech Regular
 
revoTPR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: wes co, s0cal
Posts: 367
Default

Congrats Jeffrrey Lin on winning round 4 on the RCGT series race at speedtech yesterday!..the JL car is getting better and better!
__________________
da Return of da Comeback....tadadadannn :kembot:
// T.P.R. Team Pinoy Racing....oLskooL baby oLskooL!
Team JL-10 Ofna!! / ABC Genetic / Reppin OC Circuit!
Yokomo GT4
Express Sedan 4WD/Express Mini 4WD
revoTPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 09:49 PM   #154
Tech Regular
 
Phat-Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: los Angeles, Ca. U.S.A.
Posts: 435
Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)
Default ofna

check out the web site http://www.ofna.com/jl10e.php some clean picture of chasiss.
Phat-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 09:05 AM   #155
Tech Legend
 
Cain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: West Fargo, North Dakota
Posts: 29,552
Trader Rating: 240 (100%+)
Default

So what is the word on this car for VTA classes? At the $99.99 price point, I am very interested.

Also, what places carry the car right now? So far I have the following down:

Towerhobbies $99.99
Nitrohouse: $129.99
__________________
Member - Red River Radio/Control Car Club
< Tekno EB48SL / SCT410.3 | Tekno EB410 x 2 | Yokomo YZ-2 DTM x 2 | LC Racing EMB-1 Buggies and Truggies >
Cain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 08:52 PM   #156
Tech Regular
 
revoTPR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: wes co, s0cal
Posts: 367
Default

Dave!! thanks for the Special Mention on the race report on last weekends race at SpeedtechRC track ..it sounded so good when u said my name on the report..i kept rewinding it to that part! hahaha!!

Hey dave and Jeffrey...thanks for being patient with me right now that im in a little struggle to find the right set up on the car for my driving..hopefully ill get it soon so i can keep up in expert class.

D compounds was all i had haha! so i had to set up my car for the D's..still waiting for my order on my Pro compounds....i did have pro compounds on the main Thanks to my old time racing buddy Mr. Steve Wang and the car felt so much better and more stuck to the ground... but i think it came too late for me to change set ups for the pro compounds on the mains.

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/2127945
__________________
da Return of da Comeback....tadadadannn :kembot:
// T.P.R. Team Pinoy Racing....oLskooL baby oLskooL!
Team JL-10 Ofna!! / ABC Genetic / Reppin OC Circuit!
Yokomo GT4
Express Sedan 4WD/Express Mini 4WD

Last edited by revoTPR; 09-08-2009 at 11:27 PM.
revoTPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 05:26 PM   #157
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Austin TX
Posts: 26
Default jl 10-e

Hope Tower get's the car in soon my son is excited about the car.

We plan to race it as soon as we get it. The racing in Austin Texas is hot like the weather.

ICULKN at the JL 10-e car
ICULKN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 06:10 PM   #158
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 204
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by revoTPR View Post
Dave!! thanks for the Special Mention on the race report on last weekends race at SpeedtechRC track ..it sounded so good when u said my name on the report..i kept rewinding it to that part! hahaha!!

Hey dave and Jeffrey...thanks for being patient with me right now that im in a little struggle to find the right set up on the car for my driving..hopefully ill get it soon so i can keep up in expert class.

D compounds was all i had haha! so i had to set up my car for the D's..still waiting for my order on my Pro compounds....i did have pro compounds on the main Thanks to my old time racing buddy Mr. Steve Wang and the car felt so much better and more stuck to the ground... but i think it came too late for me to change set ups for the pro compounds on the mains.

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/2127945
Anytime Revo. Things will come together for you with the car and when it does watchout! You will surprise yourself!
I spent too much time trying to make the D compound work. I finally went back to Pro compound. Way more corner speed. I should have just ran the pro's from the get go.
D Starks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 01:05 AM   #159
Tech Regular
 
revoTPR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: wes co, s0cal
Posts: 367
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Starks View Post
Anytime Revo. Things will come together for you with the car and when it does watchout! You will surprise yourself!
I spent too much time trying to make the D compound work. I finally went back to Pro compound. Way more corner speed. I should have just ran the pro's from the get go.
yes i agree on the pro's...i dint know u were trying to set up the car for the D's.

in my case, i had to set up my car for the D's coz thats all i had that time.
__________________
da Return of da Comeback....tadadadannn :kembot:
// T.P.R. Team Pinoy Racing....oLskooL baby oLskooL!
Team JL-10 Ofna!! / ABC Genetic / Reppin OC Circuit!
Yokomo GT4
Express Sedan 4WD/Express Mini 4WD
revoTPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 12:29 PM   #160
Tech Apprentice
 
nitsuj2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 62
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

deleted

Last edited by nitsuj2k; 05-09-2010 at 05:38 PM.
nitsuj2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 12:35 AM   #161
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 61
Default

Whew.....again Dave you saved my bacon.

Thanks for the help tonight, I just hope it will work well this Sunday.

I only plan to change tires for the asphalt surface, maybe a leeeeeeetle diff adjustments but that is all.

---gettin my drivin up to this chassis---I really gota stop breakin stuff---
__________________
"Experience is the best teacher, and is best learned from others experiences"
"Just because I HAVE to grow old, does NOT mean I have to grow up!"

MaxAmps...Novak Brushless...Yokomo...Robitronics...Kawada...OFNA/HoBao...ABC...Hot Bodies...Schumacher...
Da Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 08:33 AM   #162
Tech Master
 
padailey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Council Bluffs, IA
Posts: 1,603
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitsuj2k View Post
Does anyone know if the car will work for VTA? Will it be too wide with those tires? I guess it doesn't matter, as I'm picking up a JL-10 E soon anyway! (It will work or I'll make it work!)

Thanks,

Justin
I don't see why it would be a problem in VTA. I see your concern about the width and I think you might have an issue with the HPI Mustangs because they are only 200mm in the rear. The HPI Cuda and Camaro are 210mm in the rear so I wouldn't think there would be a problem in the back. The Cuda might be a little tough to work with in the front without running the body really high because of the way the wheel well is on that body, but I think you could make it work. The Pegasus and Bolink bodies are really wide so you shouldn't have an issue with them.
__________________
www.hobbyplexraceway.com

Tamiya TRF417X (Lion's Automotive GTR)
Tamiya TRF416X
Tamiya F104W MP6/4 converted to F104X1 (Renault R30)
padailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 08:56 AM   #163
Tech Champion
 
MikeXray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 5,749
Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Default

Holy ackerman! Wouldn't it be with the extra $25 to get a cyclone S, looks like a much better built car than this thing.


__________________
Mike L. Awesomatixusa.com | TQWire.com | Islandraceway.com |JacksonRCracing.com | Horsham RC | Sweepracingusa.com
MikeXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 02:12 PM   #164
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 204
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Wizard View Post
Whew.....again Dave you saved my bacon.

Thanks for the help tonight, I just hope it will work well this Sunday.

I only plan to change tires for the asphalt surface, maybe a leeeeeeetle diff adjustments but that is all.

---gettin my drivin up to this chassis---I really gota stop breakin stuff---
Your welcome JC anytime!
D Starks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 06:21 PM   #165
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 444
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeXray View Post
Holy ackerman! Wouldn't it be with the extra $25 to get a cyclone S, looks like a much better built car than this thing.


Seems like this guy is not having a problem with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9EcmBheFbA
zake540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Picco .12 JL Red Dot & 30% heeltoedrver Nitro Off-Road 14 01-22-2009 07:22 PM
help me pick a engine LOW ET Onroad Nitro Engine Zone 19 12-27-2007 06:36 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:50 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net