R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-26-2004, 08:34 AM   #46
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I run prifile 4 if traction is good. If not, I'll set it to 3 to smooth things out a little.
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 07:35 AM   #47
Tech Addict

Ok, thanks.

I guess I'll stay with the settings I already use for stock then.
Old 02-27-2004, 09:33 AM   #48
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 156 (100%+)

Jkerr- did u get a chance to run the 19t yet with the v2 can?
Old 02-27-2004, 10:29 AM   #49
Tech Champion

No, I was having enough trouble with my primary car, didn't have time. I will be running it this weekend if the rain dosent stop us from racing.
Old 02-29-2004, 01:19 AM   #50
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

well I finally am getting around to reply on the V2 19T testing.... I ran it it was slow but I am not sure if I had it set right. I ran it on my fantom and it only pulled 95 watts. some of the motors in the 19t series that I race in had motors pulling 110 to 120 watts on my dyno. my fantom epic hand wound arm in the epic outlaw quad mag can was pulling 107 watts so that's what I ran in the main. I do think that it didn't kill the com as bad as running the epic but not being fast enough did hurt my chances for making the "A" I ran sprint brushes and med hard springs. I'm going to try hard springs next time I run it which may not be till may 8 in the next race in the series. and then that will be outdoor. the best combo was a fantom yokomo hand wound arm in a TI can. it was putting out the 115 watt range at 40 degree of timing. the only rule for motor is same manufacter 19t 19 gauge single. that's why I ran the orion machine wound in the V2. one thing told to me by the sponsored orion driver that was nice enough to hook me up with the sprint brushes was that the V2 motors didn't like lots of timing. but I am starting to rethink the timing issue in general and might try 36 or 24 next time to see how the lap times go with a higher roll out.
RC50 As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow — never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long — you will sit too still, or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.
nashrcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2004, 06:25 AM   #51
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

who makes an epic based 19turn that has p-94 style brush hoods.

what has better comm wear and brush life, fantom epic with the P-94 brush hoods or Reedy quad magnet motor.
dontfeelcold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2004, 06:26 AM   #52
Tech Master

what has better comm wear and brush life, epic based with the P-94 brush hoods or Reedy quad magnet motor.

who makes epic based 19t motors with P-94 brush hoods?
Old 02-29-2004, 07:15 AM   #53
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 240 (100%+)

From a power to wear perspective, the Reedy Quad Mag blows away the Epic 19 turn binary. I lent mine Quad mag to our track owner to run and see how he likes it, he has owned chameleons, Trinity binary 19T, and the Peak Dynasty ( his favorite at the time ). After one weekend of running the motor, he has now hunted down the Reedy Quad Mag to order them in. He didn't cut the comm or do any maintenance the whole weekend, and when I went to tune it up, it was very clean, alittle comm stick action and the comm looked excellent. Of course I trued it on a lathe, but the condition was great.
Cain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2004, 11:48 AM   #54
Tech Elite

what kind of timing you guys running?
RC50 As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow — never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long — you will sit too still, or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.
Old 03-01-2004, 12:25 AM   #55
Suspended

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Epic Binary with p94 hoods, 24-28 degrees of timing gearing at 6.7 on rubber tires on carpet.Wicked fast!
racenut123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 06:35 AM   #56
Tech Master

whats the web address for the EPIC site.

So EPIC do a 19turn.
Old 03-02-2004, 09:42 AM   #57
Tech Regular

Hi guys,

Need some advice here.....what sort of wear are you all getting with your 19t motors compared against 27t racing stock motors?

Just wondering if it's a good class to fit between mod and stock?
snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 10:00 AM   #58
Tech Champion

This is the perfect class between mod and stock. I'm getting about the same wear, maybe one less run. But I would be cutting a stock every 2-3 runs for racing anyways.
Old 03-02-2004, 06:26 PM   #59
Tech Elite

Thumbs up excellant class

Quote:
Originally posted by snoopy
Hi guys,

Need some advice here.....what sort of wear are you all getting with your 19t motors compared against 27t racing stock motors?

Just wondering if it's a good class to fit between mod and stock?
this is an excellant class for those who want something else besides stock /mod .. 19t if faster than stock but with the feel of mod some what .. ...I found that wear on a 19t motor is usually due to spring tension and brush selection..but I think the two are very close as fas as wear .....
Old 03-02-2004, 06:41 PM   #60
Tech Elite

locally last year we ran a 6 race series accross three states TN GA AL and it was mod and stock and sportsman stock touring and mod and stock in 12th scale. we have since gone to all 19t and the stock guys have picked it up and the mod guys are still the fast guys just not stupid fast. we had 29 touring and 23 12th scales last race we had. the competition was close and everybody had someone of close skill level to run against. I had to work to make the "A" in 12th and since I stink in touring I made the "B" and didn't get stomped by the fast guys in the class. so even though I didn't make the "A" in touring I had more fun racing closer with the same skill level. plus I didn't break as many parts as I do running mod outdoor. now the people that broke parts in stock didn't break any more in 19t they just broke earlier in the race