Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Looking for a new TC...

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 09:01 AM
Tech Adept

Default Looking for a new TC...

i have been looking for a new kit to buy. i am considering purchasing a photon kit. how does this tc compare to others? eg; xray,rdx phi,cyclone,tc5,etc...
Old 07-23-2009, 09:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Originally Posted by mr fit
i have been looking for a new kit to buy. i am considering purchasing a photon kit. how does this tc compare to others? eg; xray,rdx phi,cyclone,tc5,etc...

What class(es) do you plan to run?
Old 07-23-2009, 09:45 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Racecrafter
They put it down at the Reedy Race. Haven't heard much from them since.

What class(es) do you plan to run?
i usually run 17.5 rubber tire in door on carpet. or modified outdoor asphalt rubber tire.
Old 07-23-2009, 09:52 AM
Tech Elite

i usually run 17.5 rubber tire in door on carpet. or modified outdoor asphalt rubber tire.

I am eyeing the phi 09 right now and going by past experiences, I would say it is going to be a winner. Don't ask me why I wouldn't have an Xray 09 because I have no reason for it. I suppose I am just afraid Xray might come in a few months with a new kit and that would make me feel like I bought something already old (not necessarily a justified feeling, but there you go). On top of that Corally is one of the big names I have never bought a car from. Trying to spread my money around, you know, keep the manufacturers competing for my cash.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

I would suggest either the Tamiya TA05 v2 or the 416WE.

The latter is big $$ though.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I would always suggest staying with a brand that your local hobby shop supports and that other racers in your area are running. From what little I have seen of the Photon, I have to wonder about the durability of them. I was a a rather large asphalt race last weekend and there were a few Photons, and they seemed to be having a little more than normal parts breakage issuses. Obviously, any car will break in a hard impact, it just seemed to me that they might have some durability issues, but I could be wrong. You can't go wrong with X-Ray. They are very predictable and as durable as any other chassis. Some will knock X-Ray for releasing new models more often than others, but to me, that just confirms that they are doing constant R&D, and constantly striving for improvement. I mean, Chevy, Ford, Dodge,etc..... alll release a new model every year, don't they? Just because a new model is released, it does not NECESSARILY mean that the previous model is obselete.

Zach
Old 07-23-2009, 10:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

That new MI4 is looking mighty sweet..
Old 07-23-2009, 11:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 108 (99%+)

I'm a Tamiya die hard but I will have to admit the Photon has many features that make a lot of sense to me in terms of ease of maintenance. The only problem may be the ease of getting parts. Several of the local racers are contemplating, dare I say it, a TC5 due larger sweet spot for set ups and price/availability of parts. It's nice to not be afraid to wreck your car since parts are cheap and readily available.
Old 07-23-2009, 01:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 124 (100%+)

Originally Posted by swimbikerun
I'm a Tamiya die hard but I will have to admit the Photon has many features that make a lot of sense to me in terms of ease of maintenance. The only problem may be the ease of getting parts. Several of the local racers are contemplating, dare I say it, a TC5 due larger sweet spot for set ups and price/availability of parts. It's nice to not be afraid to wreck your car since parts are cheap and readily available.
Why I like the Losi Type-R still. Still competative, any hobby shop can get parts, car is fast, and parts are cheap.
Old 07-23-2009, 01:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Owen RaCing
That new MI4 is looking mighty sweet..
+1.
Build quality is great and parts are durable. Customer support is top notch as well.
Old 08-02-2009, 04:06 PM
Tech Adept

Default Looking for a new TC

I purchased a schumacher Mi4. I went looking for the new cyclone TC...out of stock. Photon... out of stock. and to mention a few others... out of stock. The corally rdx phi 09 can't find it in the U.S. I looked it up and only found it in the UK ($530 whoa!!!) So,I called up schumacher and they had quite a few in stock. They said they are working on some aluminum parts for upgrades. The kit was pricey and I hope it's worth it. I bought because it looks like it's easy to work on, and performance should be up to par with the others.(Keeping my fingers crossed)
Old 08-02-2009, 05:11 PM
Suspended

MI4 without a doubt!!..

Best car out by far at the moment
Old 08-02-2009, 06:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

they are all good man
Old 08-02-2009, 08:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Schumacher Mi4 was a very good choice!

Now, if you can just drive like Michael Schumacher...
Old 08-03-2009, 06:27 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by act2007
Schumacher Mi4 was a very good choice!

Now, if you can just drive like Michael Schumacher...
If I drive the mi4 like Michael Schumacher then you guys will be seeing me at the worlds standing next to the best Marc reinhard atsushi hara andy Moore and the rest of them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.