R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-20-2011, 10:31 PM   #361
Tech Elite
 
pakk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,077
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default

awesome. Thanks for the reply.
__________________
*Photon* *SC10 4x4*
RCRD
pakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 09:54 AM   #362
Tech Master
 
Verndog's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: PPDBillet.com USA
Posts: 1,845
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Does anyone know how to tell for sure what size the stator is besides the felt pen marking on the windings? I sure would think something like this should be etched to where it couldn't easily be faked.
__________________
--->Dial-a-Grip for TC6
Kevin -- PPDBillet---TC6---Exoray 008
---Team Hoarders---
Verndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 10:11 AM   #363
Company Representative
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,891
Default

I'm assuming that you are asking about our Ballistic 540 wound stators. All of our Ballistic "spec" wound stators have distinctive plastic color bands that distinguish their winds:

Ballistic Spec Hand-Wound Stators

For our epoxied spec winds, the colors remain the same. For our "racing" stators (mod winds) and our "specialty" stators we do not have the distinctive color inserts---they are marked with pens or internal wind labels.

If you have a question concerning a specific (original) motor or replacement stator please contact [email protected] for assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verndog View Post
Does anyone know how to tell for sure what size the stator is besides the felt pen marking on the windings? I sure would think something like this should be etched to where it couldn't easily be faked.
NovakTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 10:18 AM   #364
Tech Master
 
Verndog's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: PPDBillet.com USA
Posts: 1,845
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovakTwo View Post
I'm assuming that you are asking about our Ballistic 540 wound stators. All of our Ballistic "spec" wound stators have distinctive plastic color bands that distinguish their winds:

Ballistic Spec Hand-Wound Stators

For our epoxied spec winds, the colors remain the same. For our "racing" stators (mod winds) and our "specialty" stators we do not have the distinctive color inserts---they are marked with pens or internal wind labels.

If you have a question concerning a specific (original) motor or replacement stator please contact [email protected] for assistance.
Yes, I'm referring to the mod stators that only have felt pen, once that wears off how would you know for certain what wind you have??. Also, where do I find the Spec color to wind info??

Clicking the different motors, these pics come up, is this accurate??
8.5 Black
10.5 Blue
13.5 Red
17.5 Yellow
21.5 Green
__________________
--->Dial-a-Grip for TC6
Kevin -- PPDBillet---TC6---Exoray 008
---Team Hoarders---
Verndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 10:33 AM   #365
Company Representative
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,891
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verndog View Post
Yes, I'm referring to the mod stators that only have felt pen, once that wears off how would you know for certain what wind you have??. Also, where do I find the Spec color to wind info??

Clicking the different motors, these pics come up, is this accurate??
8.5 Black
10.5 Blue
13.5 Red
17.5 Yellow
21.5 Green
Yes. My first link took you to the Ballistic Spec page--and clicking the winds changes the insert colors. Our 8.5T is not actually a ROAR "spec" motor, so the insert color (black) is the same coor we use on our mod winds.

I believe that some racers mark their stators with an engraving tool, or use some other permanent method of identification when they buy a new motor or replacement stator.
NovakTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 11:32 AM   #366
Tech Master
 
Verndog's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: PPDBillet.com USA
Posts: 1,845
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovakTwo View Post
I believe that some racers mark their stators with an engraving tool, or use some other permanent method of identification when they buy a new motor or replacement stator.
Kind of what I thought. I have 4 now and 1 is faint and I'm trying to decide just where to mark them. Guess I'm also suggesting the manufacturer should have this solution since they are now interchangeable. Hate to buy a used stator that someone vibro-engraved the windings on the stator.
__________________
--->Dial-a-Grip for TC6
Kevin -- PPDBillet---TC6---Exoray 008
---Team Hoarders---
Verndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 11:42 AM   #367
Company Representative
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,891
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verndog View Post
Kind of what I thought. I have 4 now and 1 is faint and I'm trying to decide just where to mark them. Guess I'm also suggesting the manufacturer should have this solution since they are now interchangeable. Hate to buy a used stator that someone vibro-engraved the windings on the stator.
Purchasing used electronics (from anyone but us (RMF ) is pretty much caveat emptor...
NovakTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 11:46 AM   #368
Company Representative
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,891
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovakTwo View Post
Purchasing used electronics (from anyone but us (RMF ) is pretty much caveat emptor...
Do you have a meter to check the resistance of the stators? If so, you could furnish us with the numbers and we can tell you the winds.
NovakTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 11:58 AM   #369
Tech Master
 
Verndog's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: PPDBillet.com USA
Posts: 1,845
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovakTwo View Post
Purchasing used electronics (from anyone but us (RMF ) is pretty much caveat emptor...
Agreed, but I think you're missing my point. Building interchangeable stators from a well respected manufacturer, one "may" expect some permanent form of ID from the manufacturer...not felt pen. I don't think that is an unreasonable suggestion.

Although these are not "spec" motors, that doesn't mean that clubs that limit mod to certain winds wont play hell trying to enforce someone running a 5.5 in a 8.5 limit club race.

Dont get me wrong, I love the motors (that is why I own 4)...just suggesting a more professional solution.
__________________
--->Dial-a-Grip for TC6
Kevin -- PPDBillet---TC6---Exoray 008
---Team Hoarders---
Verndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 04:25 PM   #370
Tech Addict
 
mysupratoy94's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Sunny California
Posts: 733
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to mysupratoy94
Default Novak 540 Rebuild Question

I have a 540 10.5 Ballistic that currently failed on me. Is there a rebuilt kit out there or what are the main parts to replace on a rebuild?
mysupratoy94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 10:11 AM   #371
Company Representative
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,891
Default

For a complete listing of all of our Brushless motor accessories and performance upgrades, check out this link:

TeamNovak Brushless Motor Parts

The two most recent additions to our Ballistic upgrades:

Ballistic 540 Vented Endbells & Bearing Racing Upgrade Kit

Premium Ballistic Spec Red Wire Stators
Product #S661XR


Soon, we will be adding these upgrades to our Build-A-Ballistic 540™ program
NovakTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 10:28 AM   #372
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Ames, IA
Posts: 441
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Are graded rotors ever going to come back?
crisis641 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 10:47 AM   #373
Company Representative
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,891
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisis641 View Post
Are graded rotors ever going to come back?
I will check it out.
NovakTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:23 AM   #374
Company Representative
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,891
Default Ballistic 540 Motor Performance upgrades

We have added 2 new Ballistic items and updated our Build-A-Ballistic™ 540 Spec (10.5T - 25.5T) program.

We are introducing our Samarium Cobalt 12.3mm 540 tuning rotor:

Quote:
FEATURES
~ High-strength Samarium Cobalt magnetic material for higher demagnetizing ability than Neodymium material
~ Withstands higher temperature tolerance than Neodymium rotors
~ Allows motor to run consistently under load over full RPM range with no fading
~ Recommended for all applications
~ Compatible with all Novak 540-size brushless motors: Ballistic Racing, Ballistic Spec, Velociti Racing, and SS Pro series
~ Developed and manufactured to Novak Electronics’ strict standards
And, our upgraded Premium Ballistic Spec 540 BL Motor in 3 winds (10.5T, 13.5T and 17.5T):

Quote:
Each Premium Ballistic Spec Brushless Motor features the following upgraded components:

~ Premium Hand Wound Red Wire Stator
~ Vented End bells
~ Ceramic Bearings
Both new items are now shipping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovakTwo View Post
For a complete listing of all of our Brushless motor accessories and performance upgrades, check out this link:

TeamNovak Brushless Motor Parts

The two most recent additions to our Ballistic upgrades:

Ballistic 540 Vented Endbells & Bearing Racing Upgrade Kit

Premium Ballistic Spec Red Wire Stators
Product #S661XR


Soon, we will be adding these upgrades to our Build-A-Ballistic 540™ program
NovakTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 11:07 AM   #375
Tech Regular
 
Craig W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: stoke on trent
Posts: 488
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Craig W Send a message via Skype™ to Craig W
Default

looking for frd for 24x16m track with 17.5t blingy and boosted in tc
__________________
Orca www.ChubbiesCarShack.co.uk TDX SMC RC Airbrush Fundecal
Craig W is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
lrp spx stock spec chuckharrisjr Electric On-Road 1131 02-22-2017 11:58 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:11 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net