Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
XERUN V2.0 Brushless ESC discussion thread. >

XERUN V2.0 Brushless ESC discussion thread.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

XERUN V2.0 Brushless ESC discussion thread.

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2010, 04:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BILKO1
Finally got a working lcd box but cant update the firmware to the latest speed passion version Has anyone else done it yet sucessfully?

My lcd box looks slightly different to the one in pictures at the beginning of the thread.

Think its a V2.
Hi mate if you go back to somewhere between pages 7 and 11 there is a fix for this, however if you are looking for the latest TURBO software just download the latest from Hobbywing, it is pretty much what the Speed Passion drivers are using versions 422 and 518.

Hope it helps good luck
Old 05-29-2010, 04:24 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks Cherry. I want the SP software so if something goes wrong they can't get out of a warranty claim, you know how anal the SP guys get about HW
I read the earlier posts looks like Born2run had the same issue he tried a different pc and did it. i tried 2 pc's already to no avail
Old 05-29-2010, 04:50 PM
Tech Addict

Thanks Cherry. I want the SP software so if something goes wrong they can't get out of a warranty claim, you know how anal the SP guys get about HW
I read the earlier posts looks like Born2run had the same issue he tried a different pc and did it. i tried 2 pc's already to no avail
Think there was a way by using HW ver 1.4 or 1.5 to 'downgrade' the HW unit and allow it to be 're upgraded' to SP software. You need to read from about page 15 onwards one of the guys DID have a solution to this.
Old 05-29-2010, 11:09 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by X men
I figured it out!
This is the way I did.
1) I erased all HW and SP softwares, just for a fresh start
2) Install HW1.5 from CD supplied from the box
3) go into the the HW folder and delete the version control file
4) download and install the SP1.32 and replace the 2 files as mentioned earlier in the thread.
5) update from the SP software and can choose from any version now

I hope it work for most of you had the same problem (V1.04 back to V1.02 or V1.03)
I found this but couldn't find the 2 files mentioned. I deleted the version control.ini file from HW folder on pc and it let me downgrade I then ran the latest SP interface and now my black buttoned HW lcd box is fully SP compatible. Maybe Mr A Bailey is not as clever as he thinks or he left a loop hole for us. As the saying goes if man made it man can break it. Just a note for others both the HW and SP interfaces fail to upgrade on the first attempt just hit upgrade again and all will be fine.

Last edited by BILKO1; 05-29-2010 at 11:25 PM.
Old 05-30-2010, 01:30 AM
Tech Addict

I found this but couldn't find the 2 files mentioned. I deleted the version control.ini file from HW folder on pc and it let me downgrade I then ran the latest SP interface and now my black buttoned HW lcd box is fully SP compatible. Maybe Mr A Bailey is not as clever as he thinks or he left a loop hole for us. As the saying goes if man made it man can break it. Just a note for others both the HW and SP interfaces fail to upgrade on the first attempt just hit upgrade again and all will be fine.

Sticky this one please some one lol !!!!!!!
Old 05-30-2010, 07:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I actually did something similar when I couldn't flash my 150A ESC from an SP firmware to a Hobbywing firmware. I modified one of the .ini files to trick it .
Old 05-30-2010, 07:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

This might've already been mentioned and I missed it. Has anybody tried running one of these in 17.5 or 13.5 oval with a single cell and receiver pack with any luck?

~Adam
Old 05-30-2010, 12:55 PM
Tech Addict

Hi guys, currently I'm using Orca esc and Team Power 11.5T motor on my Xray T3. Ratio 6.64.

Punch through cornerring is ok but on straight road I'm a loser. Tekin RS Pro bit me so well until I get really mad even do their ratio is 8.14. If their ratio same as mine, I will pack my bag and go straight home.

I think it is a time for me to upgrade my esc because a lot of my friends now using Tekin RS Pro.

I heard about Hobbywing 120a and none of them are using it. If this esc can bit Tekin, I might consider it.

Pls help to advise on it because I'm confuse to choose between Hobbywing or Tekin RS Pro....

Last edited by Afazli79; 05-30-2010 at 02:11 PM.
Old 05-30-2010, 07:09 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Afazli79
Hi guys, currently I'm using Orca esc and Team Power 11.5T motor on my Xray T3. Ratio 6.64.

Punch through cornerring is ok but on straight road I'm a loser. Tekin RS Pro bit me so well until I get really mad even do their ratio is 8.14. If their ratio same as mine, I will pack my bag and go straight home.

I think it is a time for me to upgrade my esc because a lot of my friends now using Tekin RS Pro.

I heard about Hobbywing 120a and none of them are using it. If this esc can bit Tekin, I might consider it.

Pls help to advise on it because I'm confuse to choose between Hobbywing or Tekin RS Pro....
I have both Tekin RS Pro(firmware 203) and Hobbywing 120 (firmware518), and we also race 11.5T too, as for performance, I think HW has a bit of edge to the Tekin, not much though. For me if the track design allows me to drive aggressive I'll use my HW, if not I'll use my Tekin. Price wise HW is cheaper.
Old 06-01-2010, 01:57 PM
Tech Adept

am i the only one who finds 422 better than 518? i seem to get more punch with lower temps??? it just seems to drive better, laps times are very similar but with the edge going to 422.
also the v1 motor from sp seems to run v,cool. some say its a rubbish motor, but mine was easily the quickest car out there on friday, im just not good enough!!!!!!!!
ps, i updated a racers car from another club and have managed to persuade 3 people to go for the bluespirit over the tekin after seeing mine go round.....
Old 06-01-2010, 02:26 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by xrayal
am i the only one who finds 422 better than 518? i seem to get more punch with lower temps??? it just seems to drive better, laps times are very similar but with the edge going to 422.
also the v1 motor from sp seems to run v,cool. some say its a rubbish motor, but mine was easily the quickest car out there on friday, im just not good enough!!!!!!!!
ps, i updated a racers car from another club and have managed to persuade 3 people to go for the bluespirit over the tekin after seeing mine go round.....
I run the SP V1 17.5 and have to agree but i am finding 518 better than 422 especially with the bugs worked out. Comfortably running up front against 13.5's
Old 06-03-2010, 03:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default V2.0 & v2.1 differance

Good day!

I tryed serching but couldn't find what the differance is between the xerun-120a-sd-v2.0 and the xerun-120-sd-v2.1.

Thanks
Old 06-03-2010, 06:30 PM
Tech Rookie

Default hobbywing 80a 1/8

anyone had any problems using the hobbywing esc with spektrum radio system? I have the xerun 80a 1/8 esc it seem like the drawing the current from the receiver when under a load the receiver looses power I am using the dx3 with sr3000 receiver.
Old 06-03-2010, 07:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by steve1986
anyone had any problems using the hobbywing esc with spektrum radio system? I have the xerun 80a 1/8 esc it seem like the drawing the current from the receiver when under a load the receiver looses power I am using the dx3 with sr3000 receiver.
not sure if i am getting the same problem with my xerun 80a and dx3s
now and then i pull the trigger and there is nothing or it starts to take of and cuts out,runnig 2s 30c 5000s so its not a voltage loss under load issue i dont think.
must be the bec, mite try a ubec and see what happens
Old 06-03-2010, 08:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)

ok several of us have asked the question about running xerun with 1s with a receiver pack. mine just came in today and hooked it up and the motor seemed to run great my only issue is I cant get the esc to calibrate to my radio. Any help would be grateful.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.