Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
XERUN V2.0 Brushless ESC discussion thread. >

XERUN V2.0 Brushless ESC discussion thread.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

XERUN V2.0 Brushless ESC discussion thread.

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 12:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tha Skinny
Have you guys run the 60 amp with a 5.5. I have a friend running one of theses speedos and he is haveing voltage problems and it wants to thermal on him pretty frequently.
Depends upon the application. I have seen them run on flat ground just fine, add jumps or more torque and it might be an issue.

Also, what firmware is he running? It is VERY bad to run a STOCK firmware on anything less than a 8.5T.
Old 05-07-2010, 12:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Just thought I'd throw this out there for those who in the US who want to purchase an ESC. Hobbypartz.com has the ESC's in stock and they are located in California. Anyway, I thought I'd let ya guys know in case it hasn't been mentioned before.

http://www.hobbypartz.com/07e-c-xerun-60a-sd-v2.html

http://www.hobbypartz.com/07e-c-xerun-120a-sd-v2.html
Old 05-07-2010, 03:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 34 (97%+)

I bought my 60a, a 3300kv, and the programmer for 94 shipped....I will wait the 2 weeks for shipping.
Old 05-07-2010, 04:01 PM
Tech Initiate

What is the max RPMs for the Xerun motors?

I was thinking of using a 11.1v 3s lipo with the 5.5t 6000kv motor
Old 05-07-2010, 09:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Sorry for this noob question,

I just bought a Xerun 60A combo with 10.5T motor.
It says in the specs that timing is fixed, will the new software work on these motors? I only been running sensorless before with Mamba Max and Ezrun's.

Will i need to buy another motor for it?
Old 05-07-2010, 10:21 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by RossoTorro
Sorry for this noob question,

I just bought a Xerun 60A combo with 10.5T motor.
It says in the specs that timing is fixed, will the new software work on these motors? I only been running sensorless before with Mamba Max and Ezrun's.

Will i need to buy another motor for it?
Hello, RossoTorro

It only means the MOTOR has a fixed mechanical timing. The new software 100422stock works with this motor. So you needn't buy another motor for the software.
Old 05-08-2010, 02:45 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by BILKO1
Any Windows / pc experts out there? I can't get Windows to install the HW lcd programmer Windows knows it's there but won't install it as a human interface device just comes up with the message unrecognized usb device. I've tried several different usb leads and 5 different pc's / laptops now. I have 1 really old pc that does recognize it but it's unstable and i wouldn't risk trying to flash firmware with it. All the computers are running legit Windows xp pro with latest updates and service pack 3, i've also tried with and without anti-virus software running. The only difference on the pc that it is recognized on is the cpu is an old AMD athlon all others are intel cpu's.
Hi Bilko1
I posted a couple pages back that I also had a lcd box the same as yours and would not work but my original would work ok . When I plug it in it is a “unreconized usb device”.I thought it was defective.
So I ordered another one from the same crowd and it arrived today. Exactly the same V1.04_091225 and Doc Ver HW-20-091126 on the instructions as on the first one . This one works fine and the problem one still looks like it is a defect(well by the time it got to me, who knows what kind of life it had since leaving HW headquaters) Can you plug one of your mates in?
Old 05-08-2010, 06:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Ran my new xerun in 17.5 stock tonight. Was wild! Motor didnt get above 68 celcius and was still very quick. And that wasnt pushing the gearing or the settings to the extreme so the Xerun clearly have the potential to be totally awesome!
Old 05-08-2010, 04:14 PM
Tech Adept

Quick question please.

Is there any way to alter the LiPo cut off type?

I caused a major pile up tonight because i strapped in the wrong battery and the car died in the middle of the lane.

Seems like a VERY bad idea to me to have the LiPo cut out just kill the motor.

My MMP stalls the motor so the car stop starts enough to get it back to the pits.
Can the XeRun not be changed to do this?

Cheers
Mark
Old 05-08-2010, 05:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hobbywing
Hello, RossoTorro

It only means the MOTOR has a fixed mechanical timing. The new software 100422stock works with this motor. So you needn't buy another motor for the software.
Thanks for reply, and for a great product!
Old 05-08-2010, 05:19 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by TBOTubed
Hi Bilko1
I posted a couple pages back that I also had a lcd box the same as yours and would not work but my original would work ok . When I plug it in it is a “unreconized usb device”.I thought it was defective.
So I ordered another one from the same crowd and it arrived today. Exactly the same V1.04_091225 and Doc Ver HW-20-091126 on the instructions as on the first one . This one works fine and the problem one still looks like it is a defect(well by the time it got to me, who knows what kind of life it had since leaving HW headquaters) Can you plug one of your mates in?
Where did you get yours? i tried to pm you but not working.
Old 05-08-2010, 07:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by BILKO1
Where did you get yours? i tried to pm you but not working.
RC Market.com, but I just checked and they sold out. Stock comes and goes there.
I also checked my regular spots and no luck there either.
A regular HW V2. program card will do the settings but they are unable to do software changes. Maybe if you scourer e-bay? sorry
Old 05-08-2010, 07:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TBOTubed
RC Market.com, but I just checked and they sold out. Stock comes and goes there.
I also checked my regular spots and no luck there either.
A regular HW V2. program card will do the settings but they are unable to do software changes. Maybe if you scourer e-bay? sorry
I got my 60a/17.5/LCD XERUN combo from Miniz9394 (HKS Hobby) on eBay for $120 shipped. I also got in 2 days.
Old 05-10-2010, 08:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Just when HW gets turbo'd this comes out:

http://www.roarracing.com/?p=655

Does HW have any plans for this LED blink feature for zero timing advance?
Old 05-10-2010, 08:31 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by unsp0ken
Just when HW gets turbo'd this comes out:

http://www.roarracing.com/?p=655

Does HW have any plans for this LED blink feature for zero timing advance?
As a manufacturer, we must comply the rules of ROAR and other big racing organizations. So we will make some changes with the SW.

BTW, we will also release a specially designed new ESC without timing ajustment function, that is so called a "real stock ESC". Hobbywing will call it "STOCK CLUB SPEC" or "JUST STOCK" ESC. The new photo will soon be shown on the forum.

Rule alwayse changes, so does Hobbywing. We need to follow the rule change day and day.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.