Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
XERUN V2.0 Brushless ESC discussion thread. >

XERUN V2.0 Brushless ESC discussion thread.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

XERUN V2.0 Brushless ESC discussion thread.

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 05:12 AM
Tech Initiate

If anyone is struggling to get their 1.04 LCD box to downgrade to 1.02 so they can use the speed passion software here is what I did to get mine working:

1) - Make sure you have both the 1.6 and 1.5 HW software installed on your machine.
2) - locate the version_control file in your 1.6 folder and copy it.
3) - Now browse to your 1.5 install folder, locate the version_control and rename it to version_control_old.
4) - Paste in the version_control file from the 1.6 install folder into the 1.5 install folder.
5) - Run the 1.5 HW software and downgrade your lcd box to 1.02, you can then put the speed passion software onto this lcd box.

This is basically a re-worked version of X Men's (thanks for the idea dude!) way of doing it however his way didn't work for me but then I thought I'd try swapping files and it did. My box is a black buttoned one that came with 1.6 on a CD had the version number 091229 listed on the instruction manual that comes with the box.
Old 03-21-2010, 11:36 AM
Tech Adept

cherry2blost, am i right in thinking that if i get a hw lcd programing box and download the speed passion beta onto it, i would be able to use it on a speed passion gt2.0 pro speedo?
its just that schumacher are and have been out of stock of the officiall sp lcd programmer for a while,and are more expensive. any thoughts most welcomed....
Old 03-21-2010, 12:28 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by cherry2blost
Hi all, have finally gotten round to upping some spec sheets for the Thursday night racing, some interesting results as you will see from the notes.

For the last run had an enforced gear change due to the spur hanging out the bottom of the car, am going to keep at this gearing for the foreseeable future and play with the Boost levels, SC Punch and the AMTS timing and DDRS for the next meeting. Car was getting very quick on these settings and seeing as they are still on the low side am hopeful of the car getting much quicker as I work out the best settings.

As a note it seems to be best to set a 'reasonable' gearing level and then play with the settings to tune the car, as there are now so many parameters that can be changed it is a little time consuming but it's looking very good so far. Temps at the end of Run 5 were 50 degrees C, which means there is more room to go on all settings. Be aware though that my Novak is running the 13mm Rotor, which is a torquier item and also runs cooler and more efficient.

Power draw on previous 110 settings was anywhere between 2300 and 2600 for a 5 minute race, the supercharger was pulling out 1600 for the same race time, so seems a bit more efficient too.

More updates after next week’s running, hope this helps if not just ignore it all lol.

Cherry xx
Thanks for the set-up pictures.
You did what you promise this thread is owesome for a lot of RC racers
who can not bring tons of money in to find the right ESC.
Keep up this very usefull work, I dont know where you get it from but willing to share and publish your testing work is very significant.
Thank you

Ed
Old 03-21-2010, 12:44 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gazmond
If anyone is struggling to get their 1.04 LCD box to downgrade to 1.02 so they can use the speed passion software here is what I did to get mine working:

1) - Make sure you have both the 1.6 and 1.5 HW software installed on your machine.
2) - locate the version_control file in your 1.6 folder and copy it.
3) - Now browse to your 1.5 install folder, locate the version_control and rename it to version_control_old.
4) - Paste in the version_control file from the 1.6 install folder into the 1.5 install folder.
5) - Run the 1.5 HW software and downgrade your lcd box to 1.02, you can then put the speed passion software onto this lcd box.

This is basically a re-worked version of X Men's (thanks for the idea dude!) way of doing it however his way didn't work for me but then I thought I'd try swapping files and it did. My box is a black buttoned one that came with 1.6 on a CD had the version number 091229 listed on the instruction manual that comes with the box.
Yes for sure the V1.02 ones we KNOW work, Gaz above has posted a workaround for the V1.04 version but I personally have not tried this method as I sent my one back.

Originally Posted by xrayal
cherry2blost, am i right in thinking that if i get a hw lcd programing box and download the speed passion beta onto it, i would be able to use it on a speed passion gt2.0 pro speedo?
its just that schumacher are and have been out of stock of the officiall sp lcd programmer for a while,and are more expensive. any thoughts most welcomed....
http://www.rctech.net/forum/6791481-post86.html

Originally Posted by eded1
Thanks for the set-up pictures.
You did what you promise this thread is owesome for a lot of RC racers
who can not bring tons of money in to find the right ESC.
Keep up this very usefull work, I dont know where you get it from but willing to share and publish your testing work is very significant.
Thank you

Ed
Thank you for your kind words, seems I am on the SP and Moderator hit list though lol.

Last edited by cherry2blost; 03-21-2010 at 08:00 PM.
Old 03-21-2010, 01:36 PM
Tech Rookie

Helo,
Today I have used the latest version of speedpasion software with TURBO (beta) on my hobbywing xerun 120A for the Belgium Championsip. I became the 3th place.
I have putted all parameters on maximum. I had no problem with my speedpassion 17.5 motor. It was just running fine. No heat problem on engine of ESC. But the competitor was using a TEKIN and it was still a little difference on the stread lane. His boost was more powerfull. I hope that the final software version of Speedpassion can realy compeet with Tekin.
When do you think the final version will be ready?

Best regards

Maxim
Old 03-21-2010, 08:04 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by maximnaegels
Helo,
Today I have used the latest version of speedpasion software with TURBO (beta) on my hobbywing xerun 120A for the Belgium Championsip. I became the 3th place.
I have putted all parameters on maximum. I had no problem with my speedpassion 17.5 motor. It was just running fine. No heat problem on engine of ESC. But the competitor was using a TEKIN and it was still a little difference on the stread lane. His boost was more powerfull. I hope that the final software version of Speedpassion can realy compeet with Tekin.
When do you think the final version will be ready?

Best regards

Maxim
I don't think there will be a final version per se, as it is always going to be being developed, check out the sheer volume of version numbers in the beta to see
Old 03-22-2010, 02:53 PM
Tech Adept

Default zipped sp supercharger files

sorry for being a nob, but i cant unzip the supercharger files. does anyone know where i can get a program to unzip these files for free, from a site that wont infect me with a virus? many thanks
Old 03-22-2010, 02:59 PM
Tech Adept

use WINRAR, the trial version is free and doesnt expire:

http://www.rarlab.com/

That will unzip 90% of things
Old 03-22-2010, 03:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by geubes
use WINRAR, the trial version is free and doesnt expire:

http://www.rarlab.com/

That will unzip 90% of things
7zip is better. It's open source so it's free (non-trial version) for personal use.
Old 03-22-2010, 03:20 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by unsp0ken
7zip is better. It's open source so it's free (non-trial version) for personal use.
+1 thats what I use
Old 03-23-2010, 01:11 PM
Tech Adept

Default unzipped

ok, ive now got: new stock super charger instructions,settings.db3,version control.
the settings db3 cant be opened.
is it just the version control i need to put on the hw lcd? please help me as im crap with computers
Old 03-23-2010, 01:40 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by xrayal
ok, ive now got: new stock super charger instructions,settings.db3,version control.
the settings db3 cant be opened.
is it just the version control i need to put on the hw lcd? please help me as im crap with computers
http://www.rctech.net/forum/6791481-post86.html
http://www.rctech.net/forum/6792919-post91.html
http://www.rctech.net/forum/7130543-post362.html

Al, just go into the Speed Passion USB Link 1.32 folder, find the files called "Settings.db3" and version_control", rename them as "oldsettings.db3" and oldversion_control".

Next copy the files from the Beta into the same folder, shut the window and all should be done. You don't 'open' the db3 file it is the database for the SpeedPassion 1.32 software.
Old 03-23-2010, 02:37 PM
Tech Addict

Until i get back from China my two XERUN 120 (one dead and the second with a lot of issues) i'm moving to the Mamba Max Pro thread.Cherry keep this thread alive.I'll return when both speedos are fixed and SP release the official supercharged version.
Old 03-23-2010, 02:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

Any suggestion of firmware for 2wd (8.5) and 4wd (6.5) mod offroad?.

and for a 13.5 2s F1?
Old 03-23-2010, 03:51 PM
Tech Adept

cherry,as in highlight the two, right click, copy then paste them in?
or drag by holding the left button? also when bought new do they come standard with 1.02?????? or do i have to do wot gazmond said post 436 above.

prorace,
if your using 2s lipo in your f1 car your gonna get insane speed thats not needed. we are running standard 540 brushed on
2s and geared right they keep up with 13.5 A final boys.............. even in racecar they used teamwave 17.5 with the turbo and that was mad speeds on 2s.................. three racing f109.

thanks for all the assistance.

is anyone with the lcd and sp supercharger software going to maritime this saturday?????????????

Last edited by xrayal; 03-23-2010 at 04:05 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.