Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
XERUN V2.0 Brushless ESC discussion thread. >

XERUN V2.0 Brushless ESC discussion thread.

XERUN V2.0 Brushless ESC discussion thread.

Old 03-14-2010, 04:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by eded1
Hi, cherry2blost.
How do you get database version 1.82 I am still at version 1.70.
I am not able to get it and also not 103.
Help

Ed

I had trouble with this also run the program in administrator mode and it should be fine.
Old 03-14-2010, 11:46 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Couldnt find the file on the link that you gave. What do i have to do to download it? instructions please. thanks

Originally Posted by cherry2blost
Super Charger

Software for Hobby Wing anyone?

Hi guys once again its Speed Passion upgrade season along with the usual banning threats etc for those of us running these lovely (cheap) Speed controls.
Some people have been asking on the SP thread whether the HW Stuff works and vice versa so here goes.

WARNING!!!
This is a BETA software and any self upgrades that are put onto your Hobbywing are entirely at your own risk you may blow up Speedo's and Motors etc etc etc.
Here are the actual instructions from Speed Passion themselves read BEFORE doing ANYTHING else!!

I have posted a link to the software here...... Download Supercharger_Beta.zip from FileFactory.com I have put this on my usual hosting so feel free to go get it.

Open up the speed passion 1.32 folder on your PC and RENAME the two file as OLD!!!

Next open up the zip file and unzip, drag the 2 files into the Speed Passion 1.32 folder and shut the window. Now plug in your LCD programmer and fire up the Speed Passion software, you should now be able to go into the Software section and update to THIS...

Having done this, it may fail several times in the process by the way, DO NOT UNPLUG IT just keep going until it finally comes up with an OK dialogue box.
Now plug in your ESC in the usual way and wander into the software section for the ESC. You should be presented with these software options.....

I picked the latest software meant apparently only for 13.5T and above, but put it on my 10.5 anyway, will watch the temps later on, remember to leave the setting as standard which is lower down on the timing for now. ESC took about 5 minutes of flashing to complete the process DO NOT DISCONNECT go make a COFFEE and leave it to do its’ thing.

Mine looks like this...

The LCD card can be rolled back to SP V1.02 as shown here.

Now turn everything off as usual and DO THE RADIO RESET AGAIN!!!!!!
When you plug the LCD into the Speedo direct (no PC) this is what should show up.

Now for the additional Supercharger settings....... Here you will need to use an old style LED program card to do this no idea why but Speed Passion say that it is because this is BETA software, one assumes that the new SP Program card will have the new options built into it.

Plug it in and wait for the two numbers to appear.

Page 12 is the Supercharger Boost Level: This sets the overall supercharger power level. High levels may increase speed, but always at the expense of motor heat.

Page 13 is the Supercharger RPM Delay: This controls when the supercharger settings engage. When the motor RPM reaches this setting, the ESC will engage the supercharger.

Page 14 is the Supercharger Full Throttle Delay: This setting delays the application of the supercharger function until after a set time has been reached while holding FULL Throttle.

Page 15 is the Supercharger Punch: This setting controls timing advance at RPMs below the Start RPM setting. Lower settings decrease motor temps, and higher settings increase punch and motor temps.

Having run this up on the bench the REVS are off the scale the Turbo kicks-in in an absolutely vicious fashion and it managed to rip my Sorex pre glued tires off the rims lol.

Happy HobbyWinging guys but Please Please remember you do these things AT YOUR OWN Risk, this is non standard BETA software not meant for our versions of these fine Speedos.
Enjoy!

Cherry xx
Old 03-14-2010, 11:57 PM
Tech Addict

Try this:http://rapidshare.com/files/36252343...rger__Beta.zip
Old 03-15-2010, 12:05 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Akudou
Couldnt find the file on the link that you gave. What do i have to do to download it? instructions please. thanks
Is still working, but here are some pictures..............

Hope that is clear enough.
Old 03-15-2010, 12:11 AM
Tech Addict

Cherry have you noticed any strange behavior with the drag brakes?
Old 03-15-2010, 12:32 AM
Tech Addict

ok. thanks for sharing. am goin to try it later with 11.5 and see the respond compared to rs pro

Is still working, but here are some pictures..............

Hope that is clear enough.
Old 03-15-2010, 01:29 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bjspinner
I had trouble with this also run the program in administrator mode and it should be fine.
Thank BJ Spinner.
I have found the database 1.82, simply remove the old software from SP and get the latest Software from SP site and than move the two files from the supercharger in to it, and there you are.
Thanks again
Old 03-15-2010, 07:08 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hi, is it possible to change the current output of a sensorless ezrun system? Eg. if I get a 25A, can I use the programming device to upgrade the Current output to 35A?
Old 03-15-2010, 07:27 AM
Tech Elite

the Ezrun systems are updateable with the lcd programmer and pc software.
However when hooked up they will reflect firmware versions that only apply to the Ezrun esc's and no supercharger features unlike if you connect a Xerun esc it will show all past firmware versions and the new Supercharger firmware if using the SP pc software.
Old 03-15-2010, 07:37 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

So what is the best way to tweak your ESC when you're running m-chassis class when your ESC is limit to 35A ESC and 13T Motor sensorless. Just want that extra straight line speed.
Old 03-15-2010, 01:19 PM
Tech Addict

My problem now is i cant reset the esc to recalibrate with my remote whether its the new sp beta firmware, the old one or the HW firmware. Anyway of solving this?

Super Charger Software for Hobby Wing anyone?

Hi guys once again its Speed Passion upgrade season along with the usual banning threats etc for those of us running these lovely (cheap) Speed controls.
Some people have been asking on the SP thread whether the HW Stuff works and vice versa so here goes.

WARNING!!!
This is a BETA software and any self upgrades that are put onto your Hobbywing are entirely at your own risk you may blow up Speedo's and Motors etc etc etc.
Here are the actual instructions from Speed Passion themselves read BEFORE doing ANYTHING else!!

I have posted a link to the software here...... Download Supercharger_Beta.zip from FileFactory.com I have put this on my usual hosting so feel free to go get it.

Open up the speed passion 1.32 folder on your PC and RENAME the two file as OLD!!!

Next open up the zip file and unzip, drag the 2 files into the Speed Passion 1.32 folder and shut the window. Now plug in your LCD programmer and fire up the Speed Passion software, you should now be able to go into the Software section and update to THIS...

Having done this, it may fail several times in the process by the way, DO NOT UNPLUG IT just keep going until it finally comes up with an OK dialogue box.
Now plug in your ESC in the usual way and wander into the software section for the ESC. You should be presented with these software options.....

I picked the latest software meant apparently only for 13.5T and above, but put it on my 10.5 anyway, will watch the temps later on, remember to leave the setting as standard which is lower down on the timing for now. ESC took about 5 minutes of flashing to complete the process DO NOT DISCONNECT go make a COFFEE and leave it to do its’ thing.

Mine looks like this...

The LCD card can be rolled back to SP V1.02 as shown here.

Now turn everything off as usual and DO THE RADIO RESET AGAIN!!!!!!
When you plug the LCD into the Speedo direct (no PC) this is what should show up.

Now for the additional Supercharger settings....... Here you will need to use an old style LED program card to do this no idea why but Speed Passion say that it is because this is BETA software, one assumes that the new SP Program card will have the new options built into it.

Plug it in and wait for the two numbers to appear.

Page 12 is the Supercharger Boost Level: This sets the overall supercharger power level. High levels may increase speed, but always at the expense of motor heat.

Page 13 is the Supercharger RPM Delay: This controls when the supercharger settings engage. When the motor RPM reaches this setting, the ESC will engage the supercharger.

Page 14 is the Supercharger Full Throttle Delay: This setting delays the application of the supercharger function until after a set time has been reached while holding FULL Throttle.

Page 15 is the Supercharger Punch: This setting controls timing advance at RPMs below the Start RPM setting. Lower settings decrease motor temps, and higher settings increase punch and motor temps.

Having run this up on the bench the REVS are off the scale the Turbo kicks-in in an absolutely vicious fashion and it managed to rip my Sorex pre glued tires off the rims lol.

Happy HobbyWinging guys but Please Please remember you do these things AT YOUR OWN Risk, this is non standard BETA software not meant for our versions of these fine Speedos.
Enjoy!

Cherry xx
Old 03-15-2010, 02:06 PM
Tech Elite

try reloading software.
also make sure your radio settings are at 100% and that the throttle channel is reversed.
Old 03-15-2010, 10:12 PM
Tech Addict

Been there and done that.. still not recalibrating

Originally Posted by razzor
try reloading software.
also make sure your radio settings are at 100% and that the throttle channel is reversed.
Old 03-15-2010, 10:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Hey folks, looks like Hobbywing just released a new version for the USB Link software. It's dated 3/15/10!
Old 03-15-2010, 10:28 PM
Tech Addict

Thats good news. Any link to it?

Originally Posted by unsp0ken
Hey folks, looks like Hobbywing just released a new version for the USB Link software. It's dated 3/15/10!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.