R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-24-2010, 04:04 PM   #1096
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusal View Post
Hi all,
I have a XeRun 60A V2.1 in my Yokomo Bmax4 together with a Ballistic 7.5 with a roll out of 9.0.
Speedo and lipo are around 40C and motor at 62C after a 8 - 10 min run on an Astroturf track.
Software is V1.10_091218a_t which I think is an old version (version 27). Punch is at 5 and timing at max.
I would like to have some more top end on the straight, smoother acceleration (more lineair) out of the corner, better brakes and cooler temperatures of the motor.
Which software version is advised?
Probably a lot to ask for but it is not really clear which are the best softwares per application.
Thanks in advance.
Look at the Hobbiwing site and read wat you need.
They have a big range of software you can download for free, look
for you classe and download the recent date.

Ed
eded1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 10:30 AM   #1097
Tech Rookie

Hi
my mate has one of these eZRun Series BL System for 1/10 On-Road and Off-Road Car (Version 2.0) can they be updated to go faster ?
dazzzza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 08:48 PM   #1098
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzzza View Post
Hi
my mate has one of these eZRun Series BL System for 1/10 On-Road and Off-Road Car (Version 2.0) can they be updated to go faster ?
Hi, yes they have the ability to be updated but there is no new firmware to change them to. There are only 2 choices of firmware listed(can't remember the numbers), the one it comes with and one lower. I tried the lower # one and it was slower than the one it came with.
TBOTubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 07:06 PM   #1099
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotman2000 View Post
The video help was great to follow along with. Now the question I have for you is as follows, I saw in video #2 that when using the the software on your computer that you had the option to set the more advanced options for turbo. After following you setup instruction to the letter I didnt have these options available to me on my computer.I did have some of the advanced timing options on the 2 in 1 programmer. Is this normal or did I not do something correct?
Pilotman2000, have you figure this out?
I also have this issue. I've redownloaded, reinstalled 2x3x4x and still the same. my advance interface is not the same as cherry in YouTube. I am missing like the last three settings. I am able to access it in the 2 in 1 program box. cherry, where did you download your software?

(this is all I get in the advance box)

Last edited by izzyracer; 10-04-2010 at 07:17 PM.
izzyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 02:06 AM   #1100
Tech Rookie

Same issue over here but when you link the 2 in 1 LCD program box alone to the speedo (without the USB to the PC), you will have all the 15 options.
kusal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 03:10 AM   #1101
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusal View Post
Same issue over here but when you link the 2 in 1 LCD program box alone to the speedo (without the USB to the PC), you will have all the 15 options.
So, I'm not alone, there are at least three of us now. I'm not a computer expert but I've assembled a windows computer before and I would like o believe I'm good at trouble shooting and I feel I've done all I can unless everyone else are getting there software from another site besides HW.
Old 10-05-2010, 05:00 AM   #1102
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzyracer View Post
So, I'm not alone, there are at least three of us now. I'm not a computer expert but I've assembled a windows computer before and I would like o believe I'm good at trouble shooting and I feel I've done all I can unless everyone else are getting there software from another site besides HW.
Right click the icon on the desktop and run as administrator. Works fine if you do this.
bjspinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 09:10 AM   #1103
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjspinner View Post
Right click the icon on the desktop and run as administrator. Works fine if you do this.
It's asking for an administrator password???? Am I the administrator? Still no luck.
Old 10-05-2010, 01:34 PM   #1104
Tech Regular

hi guys ,im looking to get one of this esc's,and would like to know witch one would be better to be at same level of GM's and TEKINS thanx
HOBBYWING XERUN Blue V2.1 Brushless Motor 120A ESC
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HOBBYWING-XERU...#ht_7040wt_827
HOBBYWING Xerun Xtreme Stock Motor 60A
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HOBBYWING-Xeru...#ht_3874wt_827
guinnes.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 09:36 AM   #1105
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by guinnes.s View Post
hi guys ,im looking to get one of this esc's,and would like to know witch one would be better to be at same level of GM's and TEKINS thanx
HOBBYWING XERUN Blue V2.1 Brushless Motor 120A ESC
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HOBBYWING-XERU...#ht_7040wt_827
HOBBYWING Xerun Xtreme Stock Motor 60A
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HOBBYWING-Xeru...#ht_3874wt_827
does anyone know the difference between the two?
guinnes.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 11:59 AM   #1106
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by guinnes.s View Post
does anyone know the difference between the two?

Yeh, the 120A is for the same level as GM or TEKIN
The other without cooling fan is for stock
Old 10-08-2010, 01:10 PM   #1107
Tech Adept

Quick question please.

Looking at the new Xtreme esc it lists one of it's functions as overheat protection for the motor.

Is this only on the Xtreme?
Is it a function that is likely to be enabled on the 120a?

Does this function work on non XeRun motors?

Reason i ask is, although i'm a massive fan of the XeRun Esc's i've had nothing but problems with XeRun motors and have had 2 fail on 2 different cars in the last 4 months.

So i no longer buy XeRun motors unfortunately.
gixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 08:54 AM   #1108
Tech Adept

A strange thing happens from time to time...

I am running a Xerun 120A in my Xray T1FK05 TC (previously on my Losi XXXSG and Sprint GTi) with two motors, a 6.5T for mod, and a 17.5T for RCGT, and another Xerun 60A at my son's Sprint 2, exclusively with a 17.5T.

In both cars we have noticed that even though I specifically set the ESC's to stop at 3.2V LVC, two of our batteries managed to make a bad cell which showed 2.0V or less when I put a digtal meter on them, and they were not charging, showing "low voltage".

It has happened with both ESC's and ruined two 4000/30C hardcase batteries so far. OK, not big-name or expensive batteries, but ALL our batteries are from the same source: They are just different capacities, 3000, 3300, 3600, 4000, 4500, all 30 and 40C, most of them with no hardcases. Some of them are two year old already and still running strong, but these four are from a relatively new batch of 4 we bought around Easter... They have all been balance-charged at 1C, every time, about 10 times so far. The other two are still charging and balancing perfectly...

It has NOT happened with my 1/5 KP09 bike however, which sports s Xerun 60A and a Nosram (previous gen. like an X11) 13.5T and after the summer an LRP X12 13.5T. The bike runs on non-hard cases (due to space issues in the chassis).

Maybe we got a bad batch of batteries, who knows...
But how come the ESC's do LET a cell drop below 3.2V when I specify so every time I check the settings?
Or they are just designed to not let the whole 2S battery below 6.4V, presuming that since it's a 2-cell battery, what the heck, 3.2V per cell is the same as 6.4V per battery?

KP-Designs KP10e 1/5 rc bike, Kyosho Lazer ZX-5, HPI Baja SS, Xray T1 FK05, Venom GPV1 1/8 rc bike, Anderson M5 Cross 1/5 rc bike, TT SB-5 1/5 rc bike
steliosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 12:40 PM   #1109
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by steliosh View Post
A strange thing happens from time to time...

I am running a Xerun 120A in my Xray T1FK05 TC (previously on my Losi XXXSG and Sprint GTi) with two motors, a 6.5T for mod, and a 17.5T for RCGT, and another Xerun 60A at my son's Sprint 2, exclusively with a 17.5T.

In both cars we have noticed that even though I specifically set the ESC's to stop at 3.2V LVC, two of our batteries managed to make a bad cell which showed 2.0V or less when I put a digtal meter on them, and they were not charging, showing "low voltage".

It has happened with both ESC's and ruined two 4000/30C hardcase batteries so far. OK, not big-name or expensive batteries, but ALL our batteries are from the same source: They are just different capacities, 3000, 3300, 3600, 4000, 4500, all 30 and 40C, most of them with no hardcases. Some of them are two year old already and still running strong, but these four are from a relatively new batch of 4 we bought around Easter... They have all been balance-charged at 1C, every time, about 10 times so far. The other two are still charging and balancing perfectly...

It has NOT happened with my 1/5 KP09 bike however, which sports s Xerun 60A and a Nosram (previous gen. like an X11) 13.5T and after the summer an LRP X12 13.5T. The bike runs on non-hard cases (due to space issues in the chassis).

Maybe we got a bad batch of batteries, who knows...
But how come the ESC's do LET a cell drop below 3.2V when I specify so every time I check the settings?
Or they are just designed to not let the whole 2S battery below 6.4V, presuming that since it's a 2-cell battery, what the heck, 3.2V per cell is the same as 6.4V per battery?
Did you run with fully ballanced batterys or are they old.
If the battery have different discharge capacety the battery
wil drop at 1 cel and is ruined
Old 10-09-2010, 02:14 PM   #1110
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixer View Post
Quick question please.

Looking at the new Xtreme esc it lists one of it's functions as overheat protection for the motor.

Is this only on the Xtreme?
Is it a function that is likely to be enabled on the 120a?

Does this function work on non XeRun motors?

Reason i ask is, although i'm a massive fan of the XeRun Esc's i've had nothing but problems with XeRun motors and have had 2 fail on 2 different cars in the last 4 months.

So i no longer buy XeRun motors unfortunately.
As far as we are aware it only works on XERUN motors as they use a redundant lead in the Sensor wire for the temp.