R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-28-2010, 10:05 AM   #1021
Tech Regular
 
yobouno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 358
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

mine's a non see through one...

BTW, I know cannon has answered my question, just wanted to be sure, to be sure, to be sure.

Can you upgrade V1 firmware to v2 firmware on 1. Xerun, ditto for Ezrun?

And also how do you confirm a v2 Ezrun?
yobouno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 01:25 AM   #1022
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: paradise
Posts: 62
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yobouno View Post
mine's a non see through one...

BTW, I know cannon has answered my question, just wanted to be sure, to be sure, to be sure.

Can you upgrade V1 firmware to v2 firmware on 1. Xerun, ditto for Ezrun?

And also how do you confirm a v2 Ezrun?
Heres my take on it but sorry I cant comment on Xerun as I only ever seen a V2.
Ezrun 60 and 35 amp V1.1 says "programmable" on the sticker on the plastic casing. #4 "DRRS" Start mode only goes to 4. You can see this on the instruction sheet under programable items. There is also no mention of the 2 in 1 LCD Program box on the instructions cause it doesn't apply and in fact it doesn't work on V1.1

Ezrun V2 says "USB Supported Programmable" on the sticker and # 4 "DRRS" goes up to 9. And there is mention of the LCD box in the instructions.
Since I had mine there has not been any up dates,3 yrs. And the Dynamic Timing only works on Sensored ESC and motor.
TBOTubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 02:28 AM   #1023
Tech Regular
 
yobouno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 358
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBOTubed View Post
Heres my take on it but sorry I cant comment on Xerun as I only ever seen a V2.
Ezrun 60 and 35 amp V1.1 says "programmable" on the sticker on the plastic casing. #4 "DRRS" Start mode only goes to 4. You can see this on the instruction sheet under programable items. There is also no mention of the 2 in 1 LCD Program box on the instructions cause it doesn't apply and in fact it doesn't work on V1.1

Ezrun V2 says "USB Supported Programmable" on the sticker and # 4 "DRRS" goes up to 9. And there is mention of the LCD box in the instructions.
Since I had mine there has not been any up dates,3 yrs. And the Dynamic Timing only works on Sensored ESC and motor.
Thanks
__________________
TAMYA M05, TB03, TA05 V2, TRF417X
yobouno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 01:23 AM   #1024
Tech Elite
 
quietstorm76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 2,265
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Does anyone know if there's a difference between the Blue spirit and the black 2.0v?
__________________
Team Shepherd USA:Nugget's Ranch Raceway
Primary Weapon: ?
Secondary Weapon: ?
Tires>>> I don't know yet
quietstorm76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 02:28 AM   #1025
Tech Addict
 
Born2Run's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Europe
Posts: 737
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietstorm76 View Post
Does anyone know if there's a difference between the Blue spirit and the black 2.0v?
They are the same
__________________
Whatever
Born2Run is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 02:38 AM   #1026
Tech Champion
 
cannon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: A total distraction
Posts: 7,266
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born2Run View Post
They are the same
\
Blue is faster ....

Black is boring
__________________
www.feralbatteries.com ........... new website
cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 08:48 PM   #1027
Tech Addict
 
cherry2blost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: London
Posts: 713
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

.
__________________
Tamiya TA05 Ver II, Hobbywing 13.5T, KO PROPO PDS-2501 ICS, Eagle Racing 6000 65C LiPo, Hobbywing XTREME STOCK 518/213) Sanwa/Airtronics MT4 2.4G Radio.
www.racersinexile.org.uk | 'Official Certified' UK/Euro Importer for the Hobbywing XERUN Series Equipment We ship the world !!!| Quote code 'cherry' for 10% discount on our Web Store.
cherry2blost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 04:44 AM   #1028
Tech Elite
 
quietstorm76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 2,265
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born2Run View Post
They are the same
Thanks!!
__________________
Team Shepherd USA:Nugget's Ranch Raceway
Primary Weapon: ?
Secondary Weapon: ?
Tires>>> I don't know yet
quietstorm76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 11:10 AM   #1029
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: kent
Posts: 8
Default

i cannt load a link yet .....i done a small video it is on youtube under hobbywing first run .Bah....
Really good alot faster then my old speedo (nosram pearl no timeing advance)
just need some track time now
dazzzza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 01:56 AM   #1030
Tech Addict
 
cherry2blost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: London
Posts: 713
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default XERUN Tutorial video

I have a tutorial if anyone is interested, excuse the quality as it's my first attempt at a video. It is in two parts 1/2 and 2/2 and can be found at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUKMoGvRJZY Part 1 and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOCFkCwBlrQ
Part 2.


Before any moans occur I am NOT showing this to be clever it is just that having had over 500 messages asking for assistance with setting up etc I have decided to lower my work load with this video. Watch it don't watch it, it's up to you it is what it is and is purely based on my time spent with these speedo's.

While watching the videos it would be helpful to have a printed copy of the XERUN 'Additional Instructions of Stock Firmware' with you so as to understand the settings being spoken about. There are several mistakes as far as actual setting figures that's why it is advised to have the sheet to hand.

http://www.hobbywing.com/upload/manu...-Hobbywing.pdf

Instruction sheet.^^^


Hope it helps.

Cherry
__________________
Tamiya TA05 Ver II, Hobbywing 13.5T, KO PROPO PDS-2501 ICS, Eagle Racing 6000 65C LiPo, Hobbywing XTREME STOCK 518/213) Sanwa/Airtronics MT4 2.4G Radio.
www.racersinexile.org.uk | 'Official Certified' UK/Euro Importer for the Hobbywing XERUN Series Equipment We ship the world !!!| Quote code 'cherry' for 10% discount on our Web Store.
cherry2blost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 02:57 AM   #1031
Tech Initiate
 
mr.preay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Posts: 21
Default Change the Profile/Mode No. by USB Box.

Hi guys, this is how to change the Profile/Mode No. by USB Box.

You can have 3 Profiles setting on your speedo, so you can change
it when you want eg. change track, different motors.....

You can name the Profile and done all settings by use the computer
You can see how to do it in Video Clip(Part 2) from of Cherry2blost,
Thanks Cherry2blost.

If you've done all 3 Profiles/Mode No. setting then let start

Plug in the USB to the Speedo and turn on.

hold R/P button until the ESC firmware appear then let go the button.

Now you will see the Profiles/Mode No. or name that was saved

push VALUE button to select Profile/Mode you want

then push ITEM, and you're done changingn the profile

you can also check or change value in this profile as normal use

after you push ITEM button.

Preay.
mr.preay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 03:19 AM   #1032
Tech Fanatic
 
mc4798's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 971
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry2blost View Post
I have a tutorial if anyone is interested, excuse the quality as it's my first attempt at a video. It is in two parts 1/2 and 2/2 and can be found at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUKMoGvRJZY Part 1 and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOCFkCwBlrQ
Part 2.


Before any moans occur I am NOT showing this to be clever it is just that having had over 500 messages asking for assistance with setting up etc I have decided to lower my work load with this video. Watch it don't watch it, it's up to you it is what it is and is purely based on my time spent with these speedo's.

While watching the videos it would be helpful to have a printed copy of the XERUN 'Additional Instructions of Stock Firmware' with you so as to understand the settings being spoken about. There are several mistakes as far as actual setting figures that's why it is advised to have the sheet to hand.

http://www.hobbywing.com/upload/manu...-Hobbywing.pdf

Instruction sheet.^^^


Hope it helps.

Cherry
Well done !

Thanks,Mike
__________________
ckhobby.com
USA Distributor of Dualsky Advanced Electronics
mc4798 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 02:46 PM   #1033
Tech Adept
 
xrayal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: hertforshire
Posts: 148
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry2blost View Post
I have a tutorial if anyone is interested, excuse the quality as it's my first attempt at a video. It is in two parts 1/2 and 2/2 and can be found at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUKMoGvRJZY Part 1 and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOCFkCwBlrQ
Part 2.


Before any moans occur I am NOT showing this to be clever it is just that having had over 500 messages asking for assistance with setting up etc I have decided to lower my work load with this video. Watch it don't watch it, it's up to you it is what it is and is purely based on my time spent with these speedo's.

While watching the videos it would be helpful to have a printed copy of the XERUN 'Additional Instructions of Stock Firmware' with you so as to understand the settings being spoken about. There are several mistakes as far as actual setting figures that's why it is advised to have the sheet to hand.

http://www.hobbywing.com/upload/manu...-Hobbywing.pdf

Instruction sheet.^^^


Hope it helps.

Cherry
come on hobbywing, thanks to cherry many,many,many racers,bashers and the like have been helped out. give him the love he deserves.
top man c2b, thanks for your help mate.
__________________
associated b5m
team c tm4
sanwa mt4
lrp flow tw
mardave
xrayal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 05:59 PM   #1034
Tech Elite
 
LOSI123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Gold Coast-Australia
Posts: 2,616
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)
Default

I know its about tekin a bit, but does anyone know what degrees tekin 50 boost is?

I have a hobbywing now and wanted to try to figure out the timing and turbo so its the same on the hobbywing, but tekin use numbers that are not degrees i think.
LOSI123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 02:36 AM   #1035
Tech Regular
 
darrenoakley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Dorset UK
Posts: 266
Default

Thanks Cherry really helpfully videos and all in your own time mate. Top man
__________________
Xray x11
Xray T3 011
darrenoakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:28 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net