R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-10-2010, 12:16 AM   #916
Tech Addict
 
RevMaxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Cebu
Posts: 687
Send a message via MSN to RevMaxx
Default

is it OK to run the turbo boost of the Xerun 120A using a 10.5T motor?
RevMaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 12:18 AM   #917
Tech Elite
 
COBRARACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,318
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevMaxx View Post
is it OK to run the turbo boost of the Xerun 120A using a 10.5T motor?
Yes you can 100% sure .
__________________
Email : [email protected] or [email protected]
Repair service Address
Hobbywing Technology Co., Ltd.
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 12:30 AM   #918
Tech Elite
 
COBRARACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,318
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by warnos View Post
Got a good testing session with the 120a with the 518 software in 21.5 and 17.5.. I think I am going to be converted no more using my Tekin.. The speedie has a little bit more down the straights then the tekin right at the end of the straight.. feels allot smoother and has more punch through the infield... man I can't believe I putting a $250+AUD speedie on the shelf for one that I purchased for under $100AUD off ebay as a backup.. awsome.

I am running no drag brake but the speedie seems to have more natural drag through the corners when compared with the tekin.

There is one problem I found (well not a problem just a diet issue).. far out this speedie is heavy.. on a Cyclone Exotek I had to go down to 4200 batteries from 5000 with 15g weight to be on weight with the tekin rs and had to slide the battery out to its wides setting to keep the car balanced.

Anyone running this speedie without a fan.. I know it states to run a fan when using the new firmware with adjustable timing.. I just thought a 120a might be able to handle 17.5 or 21.5 with the fan removed.

Cheers
There is plenty more going to come out of hobbywing they are on a roll now and they understand what the western world requires from them whenit comes to quality and technology .

Believe it or not Michael from hobbywing had designed the turbo timing software way before any other company but because he wanted it to be perfect and didnt want the motors to run so hot he took his time with testing .
Believe me when i tell you these guys have got it right no more sitting in the shadows of others it's time for them to show the world what they are capable of .

Be on standby for more good news and yes the V3's will be available soon .
__________________
Email : [email protected] or [email protected]
Repair service Address
Hobbywing Technology Co., Ltd.
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 12:33 AM   #919
Tech Elite
 
COBRARACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,318
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by warnos View Post
Got a good testing session with the 120a with the 518 software in 21.5 and 17.5.. I think I am going to be converted no more using my Tekin.. The speedie has a little bit more down the straights then the tekin right at the end of the straight.. feels allot smoother and has more punch through the infield... man I can't believe I putting a $250+AUD speedie on the shelf for one that I purchased for under $100AUD off ebay as a backup.. awsome.

I am running no drag brake but the speedie seems to have more natural drag through the corners when compared with the tekin.

There is one problem I found (well not a problem just a diet issue).. far out this speedie is heavy.. on a Cyclone Exotek I had to go down to 4200 batteries from 5000 with 15g weight to be on weight with the tekin rs and had to slide the battery out to its wides setting to keep the car balanced.

Anyone running this speedie without a fan.. I know it states to run a fan when using the new firmware with adjustable timing.. I just thought a 120a might be able to handle 17.5 or 21.5 with the fan removed.

Cheers
The new xtreme stock is lighter and smaller .
__________________
Email : [email protected] or [email protected]
Repair service Address
Hobbywing Technology Co., Ltd.
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 12:50 AM   #920
Tech Addict
 
cherry2blost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: London
Posts: 713
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by warnos View Post
Got a good testing session with the 120a with the 518 software in 21.5 and 17.5.. I think I am going to be converted no more using my Tekin.. The speedie has a little bit more down the straights then the tekin right at the end of the straight.. feels allot smoother and has more punch through the infield... man I can't believe I putting a $250+AUD speedie on the shelf for one that I purchased for under $100AUD off ebay as a backup.. awsome.

I am running no drag brake but the speedie seems to have more natural drag through the corners when compared with the tekin.

There is one problem I found (well not a problem just a diet issue).. far out this speedie is heavy.. on a Cyclone Exotek I had to go down to 4200 batteries from 5000 with 15g weight to be on weight with the tekin rs and had to slide the battery out to its wides setting to keep the car balanced.

Anyone running this speedie without a fan.. I know it states to run a fan when using the new firmware with adjustable timing.. I just thought a 120a might be able to handle 17.5 or 21.5 with the fan removed.

Cheers
Run the fan mate, it weighs bugger all compared to the ESC lol, why take the chance.
__________________
Tamiya TA05 Ver II, Hobbywing 13.5T, KO PROPO PDS-2501 ICS, Eagle Racing 6000 65C LiPo, Hobbywing XTREME STOCK 518/213) Sanwa/Airtronics MT4 2.4G Radio.
www.racersinexile.org.uk | 'Official Certified' UK/Euro Importer for the Hobbywing XERUN Series Equipment We ship the world !!!| Quote code 'cherry' for 10% discount on our Web Store.
cherry2blost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 03:35 AM   #921
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: southampton, UK
Posts: 145
Send a message via MSN to geubes
Default

I ran a Fan on the ESC Sunday (it was quite hot here in the south of UK). Took the temp down from 58 Degrees C to 36 Degrees C. The motor also dropped in temperature 10 Degress c???? is this a coincidence or does running the ESC cooler mean less heat into the motor?
geubes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 03:52 AM   #922
Tech Addict
 
warnos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 522
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Do you know what the difference in the V3 will have over the V2 will be? Is the firmware and features going to be the same for both.. or are we looking at getting new ESC's soon to keep up..

Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRARACING View Post
There is plenty more going to come out of hobbywing they are on a roll now and they understand what the western world requires from them whenit comes to quality and technology .

Believe it or not Michael from hobbywing had designed the turbo timing software way before any other company but because he wanted it to be perfect and didnt want the motors to run so hot he took his time with testing .
Believe me when i tell you these guys have got it right no more sitting in the shadows of others it's time for them to show the world what they are capable of .

Be on standby for more good news and yes the V3's will be available soon .
__________________
TCX Smokem / F104 wgp
Major Sponsor : Visa Card
TEAM SMA - www.smaracing.org
warnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 08:44 AM   #923
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1
Default

hi all

I've just buy a hobbywing product and arrived less then a week, Ezrun motor brushless combo 9T ESC 35A plus program card from ebay seller.

There is some problem in my product, how can i solve this problem??

for your information, here is some problem:

1. Power of the motor between forward and reverse has different. I think this is something wrong, as i know power of the motor between forward and reverse must same. How could this happen??
2. First installment, the program card has 11 menus(because i used NIMH batteries, if seen on the program card menu will be appear 12 menus if using LIPO batteries) and then after first time installment the menus become 10 (number 11 menus motor rotation has dissapear). How could be happen??

for the first time installment, i was follow all the instruction from the hobbywing manual online and im sure was correct.

with this problem, please kindly help me to solve it.
fnd5500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 09:47 AM   #924
Tech Regular
 
beaim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 477
Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)
Send a message via MSN to beaim
Default

wrong post. sorry
beaim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 01:33 PM   #925
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 72
Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)
Default hobbywing

the xerun is amazing. Put it in my WGT car which I had my tekin in and was faster. Love the program box but need some help with the drag break. My choices are upto 30 perc than my next choice is 100 percent. How do I add my break for about 60 percent?
bigdanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 01:43 PM   #926
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 295
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdanes View Post
the xerun is amazing. Put it in my WGT car which I had my tekin in and was faster. Love the program box but need some help with the drag break. My choices are upto 30 perc than my next choice is 100 percent. How do I add my break for about 60 percent?
Custom setting via the software.

Once you set it in the software then anytime you select custom in the LCD it will be 60% or whatever you manually put in.

Last edited by g26er; 06-10-2010 at 01:56 PM.
g26er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 04:33 PM   #927
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 38
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnd5500 View Post
hi all

I've just buy a hobbywing product and arrived less then a week, Ezrun motor brushless combo 9T ESC 35A plus program card from ebay seller.

There is some problem in my product, how can i solve this problem??

for your information, here is some problem:

1. Power of the motor between forward and reverse has different. I think this is something wrong, as i know power of the motor between forward and reverse must same. How could this happen??
2. First installment, the program card has 11 menus(because i used NIMH batteries, if seen on the program card menu will be appear 12 menus if using LIPO batteries) and then after first time installment the menus become 10 (number 11 menus motor rotation has dissapear). How could be happen??

for the first time installment, i was follow all the instruction from the hobbywing manual online and im sure was correct.

with this problem, please kindly help me to solve it.
I had the older version from about a year ago and I remember that one of the settings is for reverse strength. Use that to adjust the power for reverse. No idea about motor rotation since mine didn't have that option.
Threg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 04:42 PM   #928
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 38
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriftMonkeys View Post
question am trying to update the firmware on my xerun i have the v2 lcd program box but now idea on how to use it on pc or were to find the updates on the net ...?

so i need help on were to start ????:
www.hobbywing.com

Look for the LCD program box and there's a link at the bottom to download the latest software. Site is down at the moment.
Threg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 06:02 AM   #929
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 226
Default

I'm running the 60A version without a fan. Its no problem at all with a 10.5!
I cannot believe how smooth this esc is with my 13.5 GM on a tight indoor track. (where you need it!) My Timing punch I turned down to 6 (-5) and everything else is basically maxed out. Its great to be able to use all the power for top end speed without overheating the tires getting there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by warnos View Post
Got a good testing session with the 120a with the 518 software in 21.5 and 17.5.. I think I am going to be converted no more using my Tekin.. The speedie has a little bit more down the straights then the tekin right at the end of the straight.. feels allot smoother and has more punch through the infield... man I can't believe I putting a $250+AUD speedie on the shelf for one that I purchased for under $100AUD off ebay as a backup.. awsome.

I am running no drag brake but the speedie seems to have more natural drag through the corners when compared with the tekin.

There is one problem I found (well not a problem just a diet issue).. far out this speedie is heavy.. on a Cyclone Exotek I had to go down to 4200 batteries from 5000 with 15g weight to be on weight with the tekin rs and had to slide the battery out to its wides setting to keep the car balanced.

Anyone running this speedie without a fan.. I know it states to run a fan when using the new firmware with adjustable timing.. I just thought a 120a might be able to handle 17.5 or 21.5 with the fan removed.

Cheers
maxg123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 04:47 PM   #930
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: paradise
Posts: 62
Default

Hi
Ive been running 518stock cause I thought it was a little smoother than 422stock.
I was wondering if anyone had tried 528stock yet?
TBOTubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:57 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net