R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-20-2010, 02:56 AM   #811
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjspinner View Post
educational

I am sure cherry mentioned he was a teacher didn't he.

I think you may need to watch your spelling notatoy

You go for it cherry you Brits make me laugh with the no nonsense attitude to telling the truth.

Welcome back cherry
YES ROFL Educational
notatoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 06:01 AM   #812
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I'm having a problem setting my travel settings. I follow what the manual says, reverse the transmitter's throttle channel, hold set button and turn on. Then I remove the set button as soon as the red light flashes and it beeps. I then have to push set again to get it into the travel detecting mode. Then I push it again so it remembers the neutral. This takes it into 2 flashes, I hold full throttle, let go and push set again. Now 3 flashes, hold full brake, let go and push set again.

This should mean it is programmed but what happens is that it will throttle up and spin the wheels meaning I have to turn it off immediately. I thought it was a problem with me holding the throttle and letting go, but I have tried holding it as I push set and the same still happens. Running a 2 cell lipo.

Any help?
Old 05-20-2010, 09:25 AM   #813
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
I'm having a problem setting my travel settings. I follow what the manual says, reverse the transmitter's throttle channel, hold set button and turn on. Then I remove the set button as soon as the red light flashes and it beeps. I then have to push set again to get it into the travel detecting mode. Then I push it again so it remembers the neutral. This takes it into 2 flashes, I hold full throttle, let go and push set again. Now 3 flashes, hold full brake, let go and push set again.

This should mean it is programmed but what happens is that it will throttle up and spin the wheels meaning I have to turn it off immediately. I thought it was a problem with me holding the throttle and letting go, but I have tried holding it as I push set and the same still happens. Running a 2 cell lipo.

Any help?
hi yes i had this problem it all depends on what transmitter your using ,dont reverse the transmitter put it back to where it was then recalabrate it fixed the problem for me imo the instructions for this should be re written as it does not always work for all transmitters . hope it helps
Old 05-20-2010, 09:42 AM   #814
Tech Elite

To calibrate :

Hold set button and switch on esc, esc will beep and red led will flash.
with radio in neutral press set button once, esc will beep once, led flash green once.
hold radio at full throttle press set button once, esc will beep twice, led flash green twice.
hold radio at full brakes press set button once, esc will beep thrice, led flash green thrice.
return throttle to neutral and wait for 3 seconds (do not press the set button) and then when you apply throttle it will accellerate and brake etc.
done
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 4.5 V2, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 13.5, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
razzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 09:48 AM   #815
Tech Fanatic

Yeah I was waiting one beep too long and so it thought Full throttle was neutral, Full brake was full throttle. Didn't read the manual fully!

Now just trying to pick up a programming card as I'm hopeless at programming it (in case you couldn't tell already )
Old 05-20-2010, 09:51 AM   #816
Tech Elite

It happens bud so long as you sorted.
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 4.5 V2, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 13.5, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
razzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 11:03 AM   #817
Tech Fanatic

The problem I'm having with the programming is that it will do 3 flashes/beeps and then go back to one when selecting either the option (ie Low Voltage cut off, Drag brake etc.) or when I try and select the option for one of these (ie. 3V 3.2V..)

Its not even doing the long flashes like it says in the manual when you are on the 5th choice. It resets back to one after the 3rd choice. Tried resetting it and it still does the same.

I'll just get a card
Old 05-20-2010, 12:59 PM   #818
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
The problem I'm having with the programming is that it will do 3 flashes/beeps and then go back to one when selecting either the option (ie Low Voltage cut off, Drag brake etc.) or when I try and select the option for one of these (ie. 3V 3.2V..)

Its not even doing the long flashes like it says in the manual when you are on the 5th choice. It resets back to one after the 3rd choice. Tried resetting it and it still does the same.

I'll just get a card
ohh i see imo the program card is a must , try flashing the firmwear to the next version it some time,s takes a couple of flashes to install .when you suceed your wheel should look like this .lol. :-)..
Old 05-20-2010, 01:24 PM   #819
Tech Fanatic

The reason I'm going down to a Xerun 60A is because I was previously running a Mamba Max & 7700kv 540 motor in my 1/16 Revo! Blowouts were way too common! Now using a smaller motor and this ESC.
Old 05-20-2010, 03:35 PM   #820
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry2blost View Post
YAY !!!! Finally unbanned lol Bloody SP Mods are killing me.

Oh and thanks for all the nice words on the forum supporting me at times like that you know who your friends are.

Now what's the betting SP will 'miraculously' come up with the 510 as 'their' latest software I don't actually think it is SP per se but the anal bloody americans running the operation in the States who are the problem here.

Hobbywing all the way, am gonna ebay my GT2.0 Pro coz am pissed off with SpeedPassion with a vengeance, Rip off merchants !!!!!!!
i got so many (pm) warnings i couldnt belive they didnt ban me! you won! lol. i think someone had a word with a couple of their guys after i called one of them mr t from the a team for calling a guy stupid and a fool. hes since been nice, and answered a question.
ive managed to get a couple of guys at our track to invest in hw, they saw the 422 and well......................... less than half price tekin equal/beater........
hope the states went/is going well see you at maritime soon, if they do a saturday practise when im not on call out.............
lrp flow tw
mardave
xrayal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 04:08 PM   #821
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by notatoy View Post
ohh i see imo the program card is a must , try flashing the firmwear to the next version it some time,s takes a couple of flashes to install .when you suceed your wheel should look like this .lol. :-)..
Oh snap ! what motor was you using ?
Old 05-20-2010, 04:09 PM   #822
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjspinner View Post
Oh oh V2 100518 Stock

Who is going to give it a go?

Hobbywing what is different in this program, can you please explain!
giving it a go tommorow night. gonna go to the other thread now and ask when their versionb is coming out......................
lrp flow tw
mardave
xrayal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 01:02 AM   #823
Tech Master

Hi Guys
Anyone tried one of HW 13.5 motors, if so how do they compare with say a Duo 2, GM, etc
Cheers Malc
2nd in 2008/9/10 Win Ansman GP 2010 Schumacher GP. 17.5 blinky Winner of STCC 2009/10 13.5 WLRC 2010 Summer series. Winner of EWS Winter. 17.5 Blinky Winner of 2012/13/14 Rug Racers. 17.5 Blinky 2013 WLRC summer series. Newbury RCC GP 2014 17.5 Blinky 2015 3rd in 17.5 Rug Racers
TheCoolCanFanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 01:40 AM   #824
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Oh snap ! what motor was you using ?
that was a 3300k.v motor 60amp esc running 3s lipo stock slash gearing . i think i may have overdone it running 3s .lol..
Old 05-21-2010, 03:25 AM   #825
Tech Adept

Well I tried this xerun 60A for the first time yesterday and my goodness. I used an old speedpassion V1 13.5 and was very impressive. I took someone elses settings left on here, but I ended up blowing the motor up. Strange, I only got the motor upto 145 degree F.

Anyway, put back in my Novak 10.5 and turned it down to stock timing with the same settings that I used on my 13.5 and it was as fast as anything else out there. Well done Hobbywing for this new firmware.

If I were to have a gripe, it would be the brakes. With the Novak (which is a weak on the brake front anyway) theres a delay in the brakes when you pull back on the stick. I recalibrated the transmitter before anyone asks. I have 100% brakes and 40% initial brakes. I hope theres a better brake in the future and it would be 100% perfect.
maxg123456 is offline   Reply With Quote