R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-10-2010, 09:36 AM   #751
Tech Adept
 
gixer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 194
Default

Hobbywing,

Is there any way i can change the LiPo cutoff type from it's just cutting the car dead?

If not do you have plans to change this in future updates?



Cheers
Mark
__________________
HB Cyclone (WCE Exotek) x 2, Pro3 (Penguin chassis), Pro4, M-04M (Eunos Roadster)
Losi MRC, Axial XR-10
ERevo Erbe, HPI Firestorm (Nitro), Blitz,
gixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 09:54 AM   #752
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
Posts: 45
Send a message via MSN to hobbywing Send a message via Skype™ to hobbywing
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixer View Post
Hobbywing,

Is there any way i can change the LiPo cutoff type from it's just cutting the car dead?

If not do you have plans to change this in future updates?



Cheers
Mark
Does you car stop running immediately when the LVC activated?

I check the user manual, it says: The ESC detects the battery’s voltage at any time, if the voltage is lower than the threshold for 2 seconds, the output power will be reduced 70%, after 10 seconds the output power will be completely shut off.
That means you have 10 seconds to move your car at the side of track to avoid being knocked by other cars.

So what happened with your ESC? Please advice, thanks!
hobbywing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 11:49 AM   #753
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,905
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

How is Hobbywing with their warranty? I lost power to the fan terminal after the race. The esc/fan still works, just no power there. I still finished podium and was able to run head to head with the _ekins. Is it ok to run with out the fan? I plan to use this only for stock applications(with the supercharged SW).
__________________
Lost in RC limbo
inpuressa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 01:22 PM   #754
Tech Apprentice
 
notatoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: united kingdom
Posts: 95
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by inpuressa View Post
How is Hobbywing with their warranty? I lost power to the fan terminal after the race. The esc/fan still works, just no power there. I still finished podium and was able to run head to head with the _ekins. Is it ok to run with out the fan? I plan to use this only for stock applications(with the supercharged SW).
the warranty is no problem as long as you have your documentation . you would need to run the fan. or the ESC has a chance to overheat a very simple mod is to solder on a old servo lead to the fans posative and negative wires you can then run the fan of your reciever box via the batt socket or a spare channel this gives a constant 6 volts to the fan then you can run a 3s lipo with out upgrading the fan here is a not very good pic sorry this is of the ezrun 60a but the same princeiple applys to the xerun series hope this helps
notatoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 01:34 PM   #755
Tech Elite
 
razzor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Durban, South Africa
Posts: 2,810
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbywing View Post
As a manufacturer, we must comply the rules of ROAR and other big racing organizations. So we will make some changes with the SW.

BTW, we will also release a specially designed new ESC without timing ajustment function, that is so called a "real stock ESC". Hobbywing will call it "STOCK CLUB SPEC" or "JUST STOCK" ESC. The new photo will soon be shown on the forum.

Rule alwayse changes, so does Hobbywing. We need to follow the rule change day and day.
Unfortunately that is the reality.
For now though the supercharge software will still be used by non ROAR sanctioned bodies around the world untill such time these bodies see that this is the way forward.
__________________
Casterracing ZX1.5R
casterracing EX-1 Pro, SP Silver Arrow
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 17.5, SP GT Pro 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 4.5 V2, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 13.5, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
razzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 02:40 PM   #756
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 147
Questions?? hobbywing vs speed passion

I want a new speedo after being totally outpowered all day yesterday. I was thinking of the speed passion gt pro, but a friend told me that but for the different casing and stickers the hobbywing is the same speedo. Is that correct or not?
Lohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 02:55 PM   #757
Tech Adept
 
gixer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 194
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbywing View Post
Does you car stop running immediately when the LVC activated?

I check the user manual, it says: The ESC detects the battery’s voltage at any time, if the voltage is lower than the threshold for 2 seconds, the output power will be reduced 70%, after 10 seconds the output power will be completely shut off.
That means you have 10 seconds to move your car at the side of track to avoid being knocked by other cars.

So what happened with your ESC? Please advice, thanks!
Now you mention it i did notice the car was a little slower before the cut out kicked in, thing is i use my car mainly for drifting so out and out power isn't really used most the time.
But i'd still bet good money the power drop wasn't 70%.

Are you sure the power drop isn't 30% and the car runs at 70%?

Still either way this really helps because at least now i know i have 10 seconds to park the car out of the way somewhere before it cuts out.


If it is possible then it would be great if the next software release could drop the power to say 20% for 30 secs.
This way at least i can get the car back to me.

I would have thought most people are running LiPo's these days, but it seems so far i'm the only person having prods with th LVC.
Come on guys surely others are having probs with the LVC?



Cheers
Mark
__________________
HB Cyclone (WCE Exotek) x 2, Pro3 (Penguin chassis), Pro4, M-04M (Eunos Roadster)
Losi MRC, Axial XR-10
ERevo Erbe, HPI Firestorm (Nitro), Blitz,
gixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 03:09 PM   #758
Tech Elite
 
razzor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Durban, South Africa
Posts: 2,810
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixer View Post
Now you mention it i did notice the car was a little slower before the cut out kicked in, thing is i use my car mainly for drifting so out and out power isn't really used most the time.
But i'd still bet good money the power drop wasn't 70%.

Are you sure the power drop isn't 30% and the car runs at 70%?

Still either way this really helps because at least now i know i have 10 seconds to park the car out of the way somewhere before it cuts out.


If it is possible then it would be great if the next software release could drop the power to say 20% for 30 secs.
This way at least i can get the car back to me.

I would have thought most people are running LiPo's these days, but it seems so far i'm the only person having prods with th LVC.
Come on guys surely others are having probs with the LVC?



Cheers
Mark

I had it happen to me once when running in the modified class.
Other than that occassion i charge after a race and never run the battery till the voltage cutoff.
Run the voltage cutoff at 3.2v that way you have some insurance when running the battery flat. also the cutoff comes on you will notice a drop in performance and the car can be driven off the track or back to the pits with no issue or complete cutoff unless its voltage is closer or below 3v per cell.
__________________
Casterracing ZX1.5R
casterracing EX-1 Pro, SP Silver Arrow
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 17.5, SP GT Pro 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 4.5 V2, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 13.5, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
razzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 03:13 PM   #759
Tech Adept
 
xrayal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: hertforshire
Posts: 148
Default

ok settings for 422. tight/technical indoor on carpet. sp gt2.0 pro, sp13.5 ultrasportsman feigro v1, interlect ip 5000/35c, cyclone wce, fdr 7.921, motor temp after 5.5min 65degrees
1-1
2-1
3-3
4-9
5-4
6-1
7-2
8-1
9-8
10-1
11
12-9
13-2
14-3
15-2
no faults. exellent rip, stunning acceleration/top end. 3rd in the A. beating tekins and gms. cant see how it can be improved.
downloaded the cirtix interface, love the look of the rev counter style dials. is that going to be the only difference between hw and sp?
__________________
associated b5m
team c tm4
sanwa mt4
lrp flow tw
mardave
xrayal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 03:28 PM   #760
Tech Apprentice
 
notatoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: united kingdom
Posts: 95
Default

i think a lot of the issues with the lvc also comes from the cheaper lipo on the market today also as mention setting the cut of to the correct setting myself normally use 3.2 volt i did have a problem with some turnigy lipo and the lvc was cutting in very soon but once i balanced the lipo the problem whent away i balance the lipo every second run now and have no problems
notatoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 03:34 PM   #761
Tech Adept
 
gixer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 194
Default

I don't really have the time to recharge my batteries back up to the storage voltage when i return home.
So my LVC is set at 3.7v/cell that then gives around 3.8v/cell by the time i'm home which is the ideal storage voltage.




Cheers
Mark
__________________
HB Cyclone (WCE Exotek) x 2, Pro3 (Penguin chassis), Pro4, M-04M (Eunos Roadster)
Losi MRC, Axial XR-10
ERevo Erbe, HPI Firestorm (Nitro), Blitz,
gixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 10:18 PM   #762
Tech Fanatic
 
unsp0ken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Fontana, CA
Posts: 781
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Anyone know where I might be able to buy a replacement fan for the 60A?
unsp0ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 02:33 AM   #763
Tech Apprentice
 
notatoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: united kingdom
Posts: 95
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsp0ken View Post
Anyone know where I might be able to buy a replacement fan for the 60A?
iam sure there are lots of different fans you could use such as those from computer graphicks cards but here is the official replacment .. thanks . http://www.hobbywing.com/english/Art...?ArticleID=406
notatoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 03:06 AM   #764
Tech Elite
 
COBRARACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,318
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixer View Post
Hobbywing,

Is there any way i can change the LiPo cutoff type from it's just cutting the car dead?

If not do you have plans to change this in future updates?



Cheers
Mark
Mark

please let me know what battery you are using and what c rating ?c rating is very important to the esc's as cheap lipos and some others are not really the c rating they state .

Can i ask you something else when the car cuts out if you push the car physically and pull down on the throttle does it start up again ?? like a jump start??

regards ANgelo
__________________
Email : [email protected] or [email protected]
Repair service Address
Hobbywing Technology Co., Ltd.
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 03:26 AM   #765
Tech Adept
 
gixer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 194
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRARACING View Post
Mark

please let me know what battery you are using and what c rating ?c rating is very important to the esc's as cheap lipos and some others are not really the c rating they state .

Can i ask you something else when the car cuts out if you push the car physically and pull down on the throttle does it start up again ?? like a jump start??

regards ANgelo
Hi Angelo,

I use various batteries from 20C to 40C.
To be honest though mate i really do not see how the C rating has any effect on the LVC

As i say the car is only cutting out when the LVC is reached on both my XeRun and Ezrun Esc's.

Hobbywing have said this is normal and the cars should run slightly slower for 10 sec before the LVC stops the car dead.

I am asking if there is anything i can do to adjust the type of LVC?
I do not want my cars to stop dead when the LVC is reached.
My MMP applies a momentary cut out to the motor so it's extremely obvious the LVC has kicked in BUT it allows you to drive the car back to you or into the pits.

When i am competing it's no major problem as i tend to swap in a or top up my battery charge between each race.

But for practice and bashing especially when i'm bashing off road it's not really obvious that the LVC is going to kick in and even if it is 10 seconds is not enough time to get the car back into the pits.

I'm pretty sure Hobbywing will have purchased a Esc for each competitor so it might be worth them trying the MMP LVC as i personally believe it's a better LVC.


Cheers
Mark
__________________
HB Cyclone (WCE Exotek) x 2, Pro3 (Penguin chassis), Pro4, M-04M (Eunos Roadster)
Losi MRC, Axial XR-10
ERevo Erbe, HPI Firestorm (Nitro), Blitz,
gixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:23 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net