R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-12-2010, 04:15 PM   #541
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwood View Post
Hi guys, I wonder if anyone can help.

My friend got a XERUN 120A v2.0 speedo and ran it for the first time yesterday with the supercharger software.

It has a strange problem though, if you switch it on and race immediately then it is lightning fast, perfect. However if you switch it on and leave it idle for a short time (like the start of a race) then there is no punch or top speed any more, and is generally very slow. If you turn it off and on again the punch and speed are back.

Any suggestions? I honestly can't think whats up.

Regards

Neal
Just an update;

My friend ran tonight with a different motor, 17.5 instead of the 10.5 he experienced problems with. the problem was gone, so if you suffer from the same problem it seems to be motor related.

It seems to be a sensor issue, either the rotor is not shimmed close enough to the sensor board or the sensor board is dodgy.

Hope this can help someone.

Regards

Neal
Redwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 05:24 AM   #542
Tech Addict

Hobbywing hellooooo.Is anybody listening? Still waiting for your stock software.Is there any possibility withing 2010?
Old 04-13-2010, 09:01 AM   #543
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dameetz View Post
Ok, here's the complete set up of my friend's XeRun 120 with 231 firmware.

1-1
2-2
3-5
4-7
5-3
6-1
7-2
8-2
9-6
10-1
11-1
12-7
13-4
14-4
15-4

Car is TRF 416X, FDR 8.23 (I thought it was 7.99 as per my last post), motor SP 11.5T with stock timing on motor (mid position which I think is 5 deg), temp of motor after 5-6mins run is around 67-70C ish. On straight, on par with my Tekin with 203 firmware and same motor but still my Tekin has a bit more rip out of corner.
cool thanks, for mine, i am running FDR 7.3

12-7
13-4
14-7
15-3
hoppie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 09:08 AM   #544
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born2Run View Post
Speedo turns in sensorless mode.I don't know why that happens and how to cure this.And you aren't the only one who has this issue.
i had this problem too, the problem occurs when i push my FDR down to 6.6 from 7.0 which was running fine for a 11.5T motor.

What i did later is to swap the Sensor board on the motor and it's working fine again, seems that gearing too aggressively will kill the sensor board.
hoppie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 09:50 AM   #545
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppie View Post
i had this problem too, the problem occurs when i push my FDR down to 6.6 from 7.0 which was running fine for a 11.5T motor.

What i did later is to swap the Sensor board on the motor and it's working fine again, seems that gearing too aggressively will kill the sensor board.
Well,i don't know whats going on with HW and i realy don't care anymore as i have already moved to the Mamba Max Pro with great results and without wasting my time with HW and SP issues.
Old 04-13-2010, 10:48 AM   #546
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppie View Post

Thanks for the input, perhaps some excess heat damages something. I will try to shim the rotor closer to the sensor board. If that doesn't work it looks like a new sensor board is needed.

Thanks

Neal
Old 04-13-2010, 11:28 AM   #547
Tech Addict

Quote:
Thanks for the input, perhaps some excess heat damages something. I will try to shim the rotor closer to the sensor board. If that doesn't work it looks like a new sensor board is needed.

Thanks

Neal
It's not the motor.I had this problem with two motors.With the same motors and sensor cables but with a Mamba Max pro everything is perfect.If it was a motor, sensor board or sensor cable,i sould have the same problem with the other speedo.
Old 04-13-2010, 11:34 AM   #548
Tech Addict

Quote:

Thanks

Neal
Neal before to shim the rotor closer to the sensor board,try decrease the motor endbell timing.Maybe it works.
Old 04-13-2010, 01:42 PM   #549
Tech Adept

Quote:
Neal before to shim the rotor closer to the sensor board,try decrease the motor endbell timing.Maybe it works.
Thanks, I appreciate your help but its a V2 motor, no adjustable endbell timing..

What were the symptoms of your problem?

Regards

Neal
Old 04-13-2010, 02:30 PM   #550
Tech Addict

Quote:
Thanks, I appreciate your help but its a V2 motor, no adjustable endbell timing..

What were the symptoms of your problem?

Regards

Neal
I don't think V2 is no adjustable endbell timing but im not sure.Could you post some photo?
Old 04-13-2010, 02:54 PM   #551
Tech Adept

Quote:
I don't think V2 is no adjustable endbell timing but im not sure.Could you post some photo?
This is the motor:

I realise it doesn't show the back but I cant take a photo of the motor right now.

The V3 I have has a cut-out in the rear around the sensor port so that it can be moved forward and back. The pictures motor doesn't, so I assume you are not meant to change the timing, but maybe there is a way to do it?

Regards

Neal
Old 04-13-2010, 03:23 PM   #552
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Quote:
This is the motor:

I realise it doesn't show the back but I cant take a photo of the motor right now.

The V3 I have has a cut-out in the rear around the sensor port so that it can be moved forward and back. The pictures motor doesn't, so I assume you are not meant to change the timing, but maybe there is a way to do it?

Regards

Neal
The version 2 speedpassion motors where the worst for cogging problems when they got warm and benefited greatly from shimming of the rotor.

No timming to adjust though.
bjspinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 09:30 PM   #553
Tech Addict

Quote:
This is the motor:

Regards

Neal
Neal this is not a V2 series.It's an ultrasportsman and is not time adjustable.Anyway i don't think that the problem when speedo goes to sensorless mode has nothing to do with the sensor board or sensor cable or FDR.Maybe because of some excess motor timing or some software issue.It's very possible that shimming the rotor closer to the sensor board helps a lot (i haven't try it) so give a try.

Last edited by Born2Run; 04-13-2010 at 10:34 PM.
Born2Run is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 09:55 PM   #554
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to kschu

SP latest 410 software
Old 04-13-2010, 10:34 PM   #555
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by kschu View Post
Is it for stock? Have you tried it bro?