R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-09-2010, 12:30 AM   #511
Tech Addict
 
Born2Run's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Europe
Posts: 737
Default

V1.10_090205g_T and V1.10_090323a_T for mod
__________________
Whatever
Born2Run is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 11:17 AM   #512
Tech Adept
 
xrayal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: hertforshire
Posts: 148
Default hrcc friday night settings

cherry, i dont know how to post the set up sheets so ill do it manually....
1-1
2-1
3-4
4-9
5-4
6-1
7-2
8-1
9-5
10-1
11-/
12-9
13-1
14-1
15-9
small indoor technical circuit, high grip carpet,sweep 32s/sorex 28s
temp-40
supercharger cut in at around 3/4s of the straight. couldnt get it to come in sooner.
fdr 8.2, finished on 7.8 (2 pinions higher)
top speed equal to tekin but couldnt reach it as fast as they did.
seemed a bit soft.
going to 231 for next friday.
__________________
associated b5m
team c tm4
sanwa mt4
lrp flow tw
mardave
xrayal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 11:35 AM   #513
Tech Adept
 
adri-13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Marseille
Posts: 102
Default

what's the temp motor after a run with your set-up??
__________________
PETITrc driver
www.PETITRC.com

http://rcracereportsigm-racing.blogspot.com/
adri-13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 03:28 PM   #514
Tech Adept
 
xrayal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: hertforshire
Posts: 148
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adri-13 View Post
what's the temp motor after a run with your set-up??
40 degrees, should be running at around 65degrees. might go up a couple of pinions............
__________________
associated b5m
team c tm4
sanwa mt4
lrp flow tw
mardave
xrayal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 03:41 AM   #515
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 81
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

hey guys, what would be esc xerun 60a upload for 13.5t truck? sorry but i can't tell which esc thing to choose, I have the lcd program card, just don't know which version to choose. thanks
reconrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 06:21 AM   #516
Tech Addict
 
AGNO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Firenze Italy
Posts: 609
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrayal View Post
cherry, i dont know how to post the set up sheets so ill do it manually....
1-1
2-1
3-4
4-9
5-4
6-1
7-2
8-1
9-5
10-1
11-/
12-9
13-1
14-1
15-9
small indoor technical circuit, high grip carpet,sweep 32s/sorex 28s
temp-40
supercharger cut in at around 3/4s of the straight. couldnt get it to come in sooner.
fdr 8.2, finished on 7.8 (2 pinions higher)
top speed equal to tekin but couldnt reach it as fast as they did.
seemed a bit soft.
going to 231 for next friday.
How can you have set the # 15 to value 9? I have only 6 values.
__________________
Team GMV / RC electric AS Laurenziana
Hot Bodies TCXX - HW Xerun - IP - Spec-R
AGNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 06:29 AM   #517
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Valladolid, Spain
Posts: 88
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazmond View Post
If anyone is struggling to get their 1.04 LCD box to downgrade to 1.02 so they can use the speed passion software here is what I did to get mine working:

1) - Make sure you have both the 1.6 and 1.5 HW software installed on your machine.
2) - locate the version_control file in your 1.6 folder and copy it.
3) - Now browse to your 1.5 install folder, locate the version_control and rename it to version_control_old.
4) - Paste in the version_control file from the 1.6 install folder into the 1.5 install folder.
5) - Run the 1.5 HW software and downgrade your lcd box to 1.02, you can then put the speed passion software onto this lcd box.

This is basically a re-worked version of X Men's (thanks for the idea dude!) way of doing it however his way didn't work for me but then I thought I'd try swapping files and it did. My box is a black buttoned one that came with 1.6 on a CD had the version number 091229 listed on the instruction manual that comes with the box.

There is a easier version:

My Lcd came with HW1.6 usb link, but I can't find HW 1.5 software and my included cd comes with 1.6 too so, this it's what I did.

1: Install SP 1.32 (downloaded from speedpasion web)
2: Install HW 1.6
3: Find version _control.ini on HW installation and copy it
4: Rename version_control.ini on speed passion installation to "old" or something
5: Paste HW version control.ini on speed passion installation
6: Run speed passion usb link and downgrade directly
prorace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 08:59 AM   #518
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 660
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Anyone has FDR for a 11.5R motor when running the supercharger softeware? I had a race today and only got the firmware last night, tried to follow FDR for Tekin at 7.83 but seems slow in high speed then gradually drop to 7.3 but finally decide to go aggressive to go 6.66 and i blew my Sensor board on the motor, changed a sensor board and up the FDR back to 7.3, was running fine on 1 qualifying but still slow, so decided to up the punch on DRRS and Supercharger to 9 and also advance the timing to 26.25.

The nightmare happened, ran about 10laps and motor smoked out blew a motor today.

Got another Speed passion 11.5R V3 motor and decided to tune down abit with FDR of 7.2. brought the DRRS to 8, ATMS 15, punch 7, etc. Ran quite well able to keep up with the tekin RS guys, long straight side by side but will still lost out the the final approached but everyone got to brake so i guess it's fine.
hoppie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 09:34 AM   #519
Tech Elite
 
dameetz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: The Sky
Posts: 2,542
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppie View Post
Anyone has FDR for a 11.5R motor when running the supercharger softeware? I had a race today and only got the firmware last night, tried to follow FDR for Tekin at 7.83 but seems slow in high speed then gradually drop to 7.3 but finally decide to go aggressive to go 6.66 and i blew my Sensor board on the motor, changed a sensor board and up the FDR back to 7.3, was running fine on 1 qualifying but still slow, so decided to up the punch on DRRS and Supercharger to 9 and also advance the timing to 26.25.

The nightmare happened, ran about 10laps and motor smoked out blew a motor today.

Got another Speed passion 11.5R V3 motor and decided to tune down abit with FDR of 7.2. brought the DRRS to 8, ATMS 15, punch 7, etc. Ran quite well able to keep up with the tekin RS guys, long straight side by side but will still lost out the the final approached but everyone got to brake so i guess it's fine.
My friend is using 7.99 FDR with SP 11.5 V3 motor, temp is aroumd 67-70C ish. On par with my Tekin on the straight, only the my Tekin has a bit more rips out of corner. This was with 231 firmware.
__________________
Dudududududuuuuuu.....
dameetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 05:38 PM   #520
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 53
Default

Care to share your supercharger setting ? (parameter 12-15)

TIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppie View Post
Anyone has FDR for a 11.5R motor when running the supercharger softeware? I had a race today and only got the firmware last night, tried to follow FDR for Tekin at 7.83 but seems slow in high speed then gradually drop to 7.3 but finally decide to go aggressive to go 6.66 and i blew my Sensor board on the motor, changed a sensor board and up the FDR back to 7.3, was running fine on 1 qualifying but still slow, so decided to up the punch on DRRS and Supercharger to 9 and also advance the timing to 26.25.

The nightmare happened, ran about 10laps and motor smoked out blew a motor today.

Got another Speed passion 11.5R V3 motor and decided to tune down abit with FDR of 7.2. brought the DRRS to 8, ATMS 15, punch 7, etc. Ran quite well able to keep up with the tekin RS guys, long straight side by side but will still lost out the the final approached but everyone got to brake so i guess it's fine.
leonardiw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 06:41 PM   #521
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 660
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dameetz View Post
My friend is using 7.99 FDR with SP 11.5 V3 motor, temp is aroumd 67-70C ish. On par with my Tekin on the straight, only the my Tekin has a bit more rips out of corner. This was with 231 firmware.
Can share your friend's DRRS, ATMS and 12-15 parameters? meanwhile i am digging my out when i get home after work.
hoppie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 06:52 PM   #522
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: downunder
Posts: 814
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrayal View Post
cherry, i dont know how to post the set up sheets so ill do it manually....
1-1
2-1
3-4
4-9
5-4
6-1
7-2
8-1
9-5
10-1
11-/
12-9
13-1
14-1
15-9
small indoor technical circuit, high grip carpet,sweep 32s/sorex 28s
temp-40
supercharger cut in at around 3/4s of the straight. couldnt get it to come in sooner.
fdr 8.2, finished on 7.8 (2 pinions higher)
top speed equal to tekin but couldnt reach it as fast as they did.
seemed a bit soft.
going to 231 for next friday.

324?


Try setting 15 at a lower setting
Try setting 9 higher
bjspinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 10:45 PM   #523
Tech Elite
 
dameetz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: The Sky
Posts: 2,542
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppie View Post
Can share your friend's DRRS, ATMS and 12-15 parameters? meanwhile i am digging my out when i get home after work.
I ll post it later if I meet my friend at the track.
__________________
Dudududududuuuuuu.....
dameetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 01:51 AM   #524
Tech Addict
 
cherry2blost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: London
Posts: 713
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrayal View Post
cherry, i dont know how to post the set up sheets so ill do it manually....
1-1
2-1
3-4
4-9
5-4
6-1
7-2
8-1
9-5
10-1
11-/
12-9
13-1
14-1
15-9
small indoor technical circuit, high grip carpet,sweep 32s/sorex 28s
temp-40
supercharger cut in at around 3/4s of the straight. couldnt get it to come in sooner.
fdr 8.2, finished on 7.8 (2 pinions higher)
top speed equal to tekin but couldnt reach it as fast as they did.
seemed a bit soft.
going to 231 for next friday.
Assuming that's 324 Al, have you tried 318 yet, as 324 may just be an incremental adjustment I have found that my car is very quick on the infield at Maritime (not as quick as the MMP mind) and is almost as quick as every one else on the straight. I have problems with my driving ability which seems to negate the benefits of going any quicker lol. Somehow set up aggresively 231 seems to 'feel' better to drive.

Anyone tried 318 with any success may try an evening of 318 this Thursday, you fancy the trip Al?

With the setup sheets screendump em into Paint, save as and then post them as JPEGS (photobucket works for me)
__________________
Tamiya TA05 Ver II, Hobbywing 13.5T, KO PROPO PDS-2501 ICS, Eagle Racing 6000 65C LiPo, Hobbywing XTREME STOCK 518/213) Sanwa/Airtronics MT4 2.4G Radio.
www.racersinexile.org.uk | 'Official Certified' UK/Euro Importer for the Hobbywing XERUN Series Equipment We ship the world !!!| Quote code 'cherry' for 10% discount on our Web Store.
cherry2blost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 03:47 AM   #525
Tech Adept
 
xrayal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: hertforshire
Posts: 148
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry2blost View Post
Assuming that's 324 Al, have you tried 318 yet, as 324 may just be an incremental adjustment I have found that my car is very quick on the infield at Maritime (not as quick as the MMP mind) and is almost as quick as every one else on the straight. I have problems with my driving ability which seems to negate the benefits of going any quicker lol. Somehow set up aggresively 231 seems to 'feel' better to drive.

Anyone tried 318 with any success may try an evening of 318 this Thursday, you fancy the trip Al?

With the setup sheets screendump em into Paint, save as and then post them as JPEGS (photobucket works for me)
that was 324. i havnt tried 318 yet.thanks for the invite, its a bit far for a thursday night lol. im on call out next weekend, but maybe possible the sat after if maritimes open, otherwise its hrcc in ware on a friday night......
the boys runnind 10.5 seems to love 324. they had v.good top end and v.reasonable infield................... i went from 8.2 to 7.6 think ill go to 6.5 and keep an eye on the temps.if you fancy friday ill book you in for free!
__________________
associated b5m
team c tm4
sanwa mt4
lrp flow tw
mardave
xrayal is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:44 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net