R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-14-2004, 06:42 PM   #16
Tech Rookie

Send a message via ICQ to Iam Nada Fraid Send a message via Yahoo to Iam Nada Fraid

Hey thanx for all the words of wisdom. I have been trying to catch-up on the posts in the XXXS & TC3 forums to learn a little about the troubles the the drivers have had with each car.

Sounds to me like they both will do well. It just comes down to what YOU prefer. They both have their own little problem areas and quirks to deal with. Since I have both cars, I will get some help from my boyfriend and outfit the cars with ESC's & radio gear and try them both out. That way I will see what I like and what seems to work well for me. BTW, he drives a SD Yok and swears by them. But I always see him working on it and fixing it. That's not for me.

Anyways, the parts issue is not really an issue with either car, since everywhere we've been, both brands are well stocked.

Thanks again
Kimie
Iam Nada Fraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 06:46 PM   #17
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to LosiFromHell986

nick b, thanks for the advice, but im already aware of Fukuyama! I've been into electric since i was 6, and Im 15 now... but anyways

Any word at ALL about a TC4? I got screwed when i bought my t3, the T4 was unveiled a month after i got it! so i dont wanna be screwed over again, although if that happens i'd go with the XXXS...

LMK, jeff
LosiFromHell986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 07:01 PM   #18
Tech Adept

doesn't look like a TC4 will be coming out anytime soon... there was a thread on this a while back and the factory drivers and developers and everyone were saying they hadnt heard anything about it... even if they are working on a new car it will most likely be quite a while before it is brought out. as in more than a year
Rory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 07:43 PM   #19
Tech Master

alrighty then TC3 it is! I choose TC3 over XXXS only for ONE REASON: the ease of getting parts for AE, whereas I gotta go to santee for losi parts, and i live in the southern part of El cajon, California

I'll let youguys know about my electronics choices...
Until then one more question. Would it be worth buying a front one way if im not racing? mostly i'd be driving on rocky asphalt, or concrete. I'd also run on smooth asphalt at my H.S. across the street.

THANKS FOR HELPING ME MAKE THE DECISION!!
Old 01-14-2004, 10:30 PM   #20
Tech Master

ok guys
I decided on a setup, keep in mind Im not racing so I dont really need expensive stuff... if anything i'll get my 3 friends with tc3's and xxxs' and we'll parkin lot race... but here it is:

Tekin G9 esc or another G12
Hitec Agressor 75mhz
Trinity D6 10x? or Retro Series 11x?
Maybe a front oneway?

In onroad how many winds is the best? i know in offroad x1's are ideal, i run one in my T3, or a x2....

but in onroad would x3 or x4 be better?
Old 01-16-2004, 12:25 PM   #21
Tech Master

Hey I was looking at the TC3 racer last night and i was wondering... does it have plastic shocks? If so no biggie, I have some Threaded anodized blue aluminum TC3 shocks I can get... just curious! thanks

PS It says composite cvd's, doesnt that mean plastic? just curious... It's not like I'm gunna be racing! I can get some for it if this is right...
Old 01-16-2004, 10:33 PM   #22
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

If your just playing,my choice would be the losi,and the reason why is #1 the Losi has a sealed drive(belt)#2 the steering does not get cloged like the TC-3's steering rack does,you can find some very nice XXXS for a better price than the TC-3,and from what I have seen the Losi's diffs seem to hold up longer than the TC-3's do,but with that all said the TC-3 is a very good Touring Race car.
Oasis is offline   Reply With Quote