Wiki Posts
Search

Ask Todd Hodge..aka "Hodgimoto"

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2004, 10:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default XXXS Black Belt

Todd,

I just picked up the HD Black belt kit for the XXXS. Do you cut the teeth on this belt like the old one or do you just run it with all the teeth? I'm running mod foam.
Old 12-03-2004, 12:53 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Slow-

Most guys won't cut the teeth in mod, the belt is more likly to slip, If you do you will have to run it tighter, in turn your drivetrain will no tbe as free, Most of the guys do this in stock or 19T to help free the car up in the corners and maintain better corner speed. It also makes the belt a little more brittle. I broke a black belt two weeks ago in 19T that I had cut the teeth, You are probly better off just leaving it.

Red Rocket
Old 12-03-2004, 03:48 AM
Tech Adept

anyone know if there is an aftermarket shock tower for the xxx-s that has a lower set of shock holes + the regular shock holes in them. just seems like it would be easier to get more shock travel and droop out of your car rather than going thru all the trouble in making your shocks longer for those small dia foams I like to run. I like to run the foam down to the rim! and Im running out of thread on the shock shaft.

Thanks
Old 12-03-2004, 04:42 AM
Tech Elite

Go here for the tower you need.
http://www.teamprpracing.com/xxxs.html
I have run these for 2 years now. Good luck

Brant
Old 12-03-2004, 10:20 AM
Tech Adept

Brant

In the description of those towers it says the they have the stock row of holes a above. I need the additional holes below the stock holes. my foam tires are about to the rim and I need more travel so I can set the proper ride height and droop. holes need to be below stock holes.

Greg
Old 12-03-2004, 03:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Hey Todd,

Congrats on the A-main finish in Cleveland! It looks like the new car was doing great for all you guys out there. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

With regards, to the new car, it seem like every one I see team drivers running has aluminum arm mounts, while the production pictures on the Losi website show plastic/graphite ones. Are the aluminum mounts going to be available as a hop up? Thanks for the info!
Old 12-03-2004, 03:26 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

What up Hodgimoto
Old 12-03-2004, 04:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Todd, Let me know if you need anything for the Novak race
Old 12-03-2004, 11:06 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by rcman6
Brant

In the description of those towers it says the they have the stock row of holes a above. I need the additional holes below the stock holes. my foam tires are about to the rim and I need more travel so I can set the proper ride height and droop. holes need to be below stock holes.

Greg
Look at the pics of the towers and you will see the lower set of holes as well. With the stock losi Shocks like with rubber tires you use the upper holes. If you need more droop then just use the lower set of holes.

Brant
Old 12-04-2004, 02:46 PM
Tech Adept

Brant

I understand what your saying but the lower set of holes on the PRP shock tower are the same as the stock holes on the losi shock tower. Im looking for a tower that has holes below losi stock holes. I have foam tires that are 51mm in dia that I want to run but Im having a hard time geting my droop set. Im running out of shock travel.
Old 12-04-2004, 10:47 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by rcman6
Brant

I understand what your saying but the lower set of holes on the PRP shock tower are the same as the stock holes on the losi shock tower. Im looking for a tower that has holes below losi stock holes. I have foam tires that are 51mm in dia that I want to run but Im having a hard time geting my droop set. Im running out of shock travel.
I gotcha now. The PRP rear tower does have a lower set of holes that are lower than stock. On your front shocks I would use the .32 or rear shock shafts in place of the .28 to help out with your need of extra droop. Hpe this helps

Brant
Old 12-05-2004, 02:17 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Rich Trujillo
What up Hodgimoto
Wow!! The great Richard Trujillo finally joins rctech after all of these years. It must be so he can show off his new avatar. Nice work by the way. Looks like all that schooling is starting to pay off. LOL
Old 12-05-2004, 06:18 PM
TCR
Tech Addict

Default Hodapp

What font did you use in your avatar?

=)
Old 12-05-2004, 07:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Hodapp

Originally posted by TCR
What font did you use in your avatar?

=)
Looks like Impact with a shear.
Old 12-05-2004, 08:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally posted by Hodapp
Wow!! The great Richard Trujillo finally joins rctech after all of these years. It must be so he can show off his new avatar. Nice work by the way. Looks like all that schooling is starting to pay off. LOL
You having fun running on that micro track????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.