R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-19-2004, 10:44 PM   #1276
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Hmmm!

Quote:
Originally posted by Hodapp
Todd - How can the spectrum stuff be legal for the Worlds all of a sudden. It wasn't part of the original frequencies that were approved. I personally think that they should be tested a little more before turning it loose at an event such as the Worlds. Not a very good place to find out if it bleeds over to other frequencies.

A week or so ago I glitched my brains out at the Regionals every time I was on the driver stand with anyone who was using it. Not saying that was it(maybe just a coincidence), but I will definitely beg and plead with the race organizers to not put me in a heat at the Worlds with anyone who is using it.

I think it needs more testing before trying it at such a huge event.
THAT...is...interesting. Is there trouble ahead for the fabulous new spektrum system?!?!
cartmen34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 10:45 PM   #1277
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Todd - How can the spectrum stuff be legal for the Worlds all of a sudden. It wasn't part of the original frequencies that were approved. I personally think that they should be tested a little more before turning it loose at an event such as the Worlds. Not a very good place to find out if it bleeds over to other frequencies.

A week or so ago I glitched my brains out at the Regionals every time I was on the driver stand with anyone who was using it. Not saying that was it(maybe just a coincidence), but I will definitely beg and plead with the race organizers to not put me in a heat at the Worlds with anyone who is using it.

I don't see BN RACING listed as one of your sponsors? What's up with that?
Old 10-19-2004, 10:52 PM   #1278
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Hodapp Send a message via Yahoo to Hodapp
Default HA!

STLNLST - There! Is that better?
Hodapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 11:14 PM   #1279
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

stlnlst-yeah, you happy now.

hodapp-sent you a pm
dal bains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 11:20 PM   #1280
TCR
Tech Addict

Default Hodapp

I understand your concerns. But I think it's actually impossible for somthing that broadcasts on 2.4 gigahertz to bleed or glitch anything as far away as 75 or 27 or whatever mhz you might be running out there.

Seeing as there such a new technology I would think the guys using the Spektrum would be more concerned about glitching eachother.

I dont know if the worlds is the right place or not but this product needs to be tested at a big event where there could be a lot of possible interference.

Personally you show me 10 or more drivers all on a drivers stand using the spektrum, where they turn there radios on at reletivly the same time and complete an event without a hitch, I will be sold

Todd if these things are what they claim to be, it wont take a few years.

it will take a few days, they will be the norm by summer, I'd be more worried about producing enough to keep up with demand.

Thanks for the answer, this is an interesting topic.

P.S.
what if I sent santa's fat a** to work at losi would they be out by christmas then???? =)
TCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 11:21 PM   #1281
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by dal bains
stlnlst-yeah, you happy now.

hodapp-sent you a pm
hodapp- You're my hero....LOL

Dal- go to bed sucka. You going to race carpet at all this year?
Old 10-19-2004, 11:23 PM   #1282
Tech Master

I dont want to start trouble, but this is a PM I just sent to hodapp.

I reckon its a great idea, but still must have a few bugs

Quote:
hello,

I am one of the aussie guys over for the worlds, my names matt griffin, not sure if you remember me I was in the final with you guys at socal the other night, I also raced at minnreg last year at the worlds.

I just saw your post about the new horizon radio, we practiced at crystal park and the losi guys were there as well. I was on 27 meg and a friend on 40 meg and everytime we went out to run with them on track, we had really bad glitches as well, like in one or two places on the track.

alot of people would just say, "the aussies dont know they are doing" so I am interested to see you had problems as well, simply because someone might believe us now.

Matt G
cantona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 11:23 PM   #1283
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Quote:

Coincidence might be the better description. We run the same electronics; I didnt have any problems at that event. That track has presented problems for some cars regardless of electronics gear in the past. I think the owners of the track would say the same thing. A person could be the only driver on that track and MAY experience interference.

I have ran side by side with drivers using this system at several other events and long 8hr+ practice days where I was the only one using standard Airtronics gear and there were no problems.

I hope you get your glitch problems worked out however before next week; you have been running really strong.
MDawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 11:24 PM   #1284
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to DavidAlford

Clint, I thought I was your hero? Man now I'm crushed lol
Old 10-19-2004, 11:25 PM   #1285
Tech Champion

Default Re: Hodapp

Quote:
Originally posted by TCR

P.S.
what if I sent santa's fat a** to work at losi would they be out by christmas then???? =)
santa no longer goes out. He's santa INC now. He's has some things on ebay too...LOL
Old 10-19-2004, 11:29 PM   #1286
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by DavidAlford
Clint, I thought I was your hero? Man now I'm crushed lol
You're my idol. I can switch you from idol to hero if you want me to. In doing so you must sign a 2 year contract saying that you will maintain a hero status. A early termination fee of $175 will be charged to your account should you switch back to idol before the end of 2 years........wow........I sound just like AT&T
Old 10-19-2004, 11:30 PM   #1287
R/C Tech Founder
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

It would be easy to check. Just use a RF scanner with one or more of the Spektrum modules plugged in and working. If it's picking up anything on the 27/40/75 band then you've found your culprit. If not, it's something else.

I can't imagine that Horizon wouldn't have tested for that, though.
Old 10-19-2004, 11:32 PM   #1288
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to DavidAlford

Man I don't want to compete with Greg. Plus then you'll start to expect stuff out of me LOL
Old 10-19-2004, 11:33 PM   #1289
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Hodapp Send a message via Yahoo to Hodapp
Default Re: Re: Hmmm!

Quote:
Originally posted by MDawson
Coincidence might be the better description. We run the same electronics; I didnt have any problems at that event. That track has presented problems for some cars regardless of electronics gear in the past. I think the owners of the track would say the same thing. A person could be the only driver on that track and MAY experience interference.

I have ran side by side with drivers using this system at several other events and long 8hr+ practice days where I was the only one using standard Airtronics gear and there were no problems.

I hope you get your glitch problems worked out however before next week; you have been running really strong.
I hope so Mark.......don't know what it is but I want to eliminate all possibilities. The Aussie guys said they would glitch at Crystal Park when the Losi guys were running and then they would wait until they were done and they had no problems. Dunno....we will see what happens.

I am not trying to cause problems......just trying to avoid them
Hodapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 11:34 PM   #1290
Tech Master

could it be the newer modules are sending a signal so much stronger than ours, that we are getting residual interference, because we are on a slower/weaker wave length?

it may not be so black and white
cantona is offline   Reply With Quote