Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Ask Todd Hodge..aka "Hodgimoto" >

Ask Todd Hodge..aka "Hodgimoto"

Ask Todd Hodge..aka "Hodgimoto"

Old 10-18-2004, 07:32 PM
TLRacing

Juan Valdez-The car is coming with a center oneway and a spool for the center shaft. Glad you liked the car....we have been busting our A$$.

Pookyt-yup its still 1.83 and the spur is a 128.
Old 10-18-2004, 07:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally posted by T. Hodge
Juan Valdez-The car is coming with a center oneway and a spool for the center shaft.

Is this sortof like the old clicker... in a sense that the oneway can be locked out?

KB
Old 10-18-2004, 09:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally posted by Keith Billanti
Is this sortof like the old clicker... in a sense that the oneway can be locked out?

KB
Keith,

Not a clicker, it is a one way bearing. There has also been a solid center pulley or center spool.
Old 10-18-2004, 11:47 PM
TCR
Tech Addict

Default SPEKTRUM

Todd, I know you've used it, please tell me this does all the things it claims to. Seriously though, what's your opinion on how it works and what you think about it?

Curious if your going to use this thing at the Worlds?

Any remote possibility of the JRXS being in stores before christmas?
Old 10-19-2004, 12:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I don't think its legal for use, as it has telemetry (spelling)....I heard the ROAR rules will be changed to allow it.

Later EddieO
Old 10-19-2004, 12:57 AM
Tech Regular

I think that's actually another new system you are thinking of... 2 different systems,
Old 10-19-2004, 01:00 AM
Tech Regular

The pictured system, among other things automatically finds you a free channel.
Old 10-19-2004, 03:05 AM
TCR
Tech Addict

Default It has to be legal

Kinwald finished second using this at the ROAR race last weekend, Seeing as he used it at a ROAR race, wouldn't it be legal

Originally posted by EddieO
I don't think its legal for use, as it has telemetry (spelling)....I heard the ROAR rules will be changed to allow it.

Later EddieO
Old 10-19-2004, 07:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally posted by MDawson
Keith,

Not a clicker, it is a one way bearing. There has also been a solid center pulley or center spool.
I understand its not a clicker... i didnt think it would be.. I was asking if it was two different parts, or one part, that can be locked out... meaning... its a one way now..but tighten this screw and its not..

Keith
Old 10-19-2004, 08:10 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: SPEKTRUM

Originally posted by TCR
Curious if your going to use this thing at the Worlds?
It will not be legal at the Worlds. There is a list of approved frequencies and these new ones do not qualify.
Old 10-19-2004, 09:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by T. Hodge
Juan Valdez-The car is coming with a center oneway and a spool for the center shaft. Glad you liked the car....we have been busting our A$$.

Pookyt-yup its still 1.83 and the spur is a 128.

Front and Rear diffs??...
Old 10-19-2004, 09:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally posted by Keith Billanti
I understand its not a clicker... i didnt think it would be.. I was asking if it was two different parts, or one part, that can be locked out... meaning... its a one way now..but tighten this screw and its not..

Keith
2 Parts.
Old 10-19-2004, 04:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Todd, thanks for clearing that up for me. I definitly have to get my name on my LHS's list for this car. Gonna be hard waiting until January, though! Something I forgot to ask, though. Will the new shock springs, sway bars, and other assorted tuning parts be available the same time the car is released? Also, did you guys try fitting a Novak brushless system in the car during testing? It seems like the controller might be a tight fit. Thanks for taking time to answer the questions of all us eager Losi fans. Good luck at Worlds this week!
Old 10-19-2004, 09:40 PM
TLRacing

TCR-I have been using it for a month and was the original tester with the first prototype. The Spektrum works awesome. No glitches and it is absolutely flawless plus it has a fail safe. I think this will be the only frequency we will be using in a couple of years. Yes we will be using it at the Worlds. It is in the process of being legalized in ROAR now. Once it is legalized in ROAR it will be legal for the Worlds. JRXS will be available early 2005.

Rick-I believe it is whatever is legal in that members bloc. It is going to be legalized this week with ROAR. They are just waiting for the paperwork from the FCC.

Osherman-Yes front and rear diff with optional center oneway.

Jaun-All the aftermarket goodies should be available around release time. The Novak brushless fits just fine.
Old 10-19-2004, 10:37 PM
Tech Regular

Default Hmmm!

Todd - How can the spectrum stuff be legal for the Worlds all of a sudden. It wasn't part of the original frequencies that were approved. I personally think that they should be tested a little more before turning it loose at an event such as the Worlds. Not a very good place to find out if it bleeds over to other frequencies.

A week or so ago I glitched my brains out at the Regionals every time I was on the driver stand with anyone who was using it. Not saying that was it(maybe just a coincidence), but I will definitely beg and plead with the race organizers to not put me in a heat at the Worlds with anyone who is using it.

I think it needs more testing before trying it at such a huge event.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.