R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-03-2004, 02:24 PM   #1066
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kave

When you say lighten it you do mean cutting right thru? I dont really see the carpet fuz as a big problem, and I only run stock so not LOADS of force on it. Sorry for the questions but I want to make sure before I take the chassie to a mill
Kave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 03:54 PM   #1067
Tech Regular

Thanks Todd.

I'm going to get some white, blue, and green springs, since I'm gearing up for carpet. Just needed a few more options than the stock springs. Getting the black belt kit too. I'll probably use 6 cells when racing, so tire wear won't be an issue. Hopefully, weight balance won't be near an issue either.

Do you recommend the spool setup for short carpet tracks? And do you usually use the overdrive in combination with it?

Wisdom for the day...Never rub your eyes after eating jalapeno peppers. Man that hurts!
wcoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 05:44 PM   #1068
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to nitro kid
Post help

i'am going to but racing in the sportman and all we can use is a 1500batter and a stock motor i have a xxxs i think it come with a 90spur what pinion to use help
nitro kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 06:22 PM   #1069
Tech Regular

Hello, Im getting ready for carpet, and right now going to try out your snowbirds setup with a stock motor. Im wondering what the drilling of the pistons means (i remember reading it somewhere, but couldn't find it)

Secondly, I don't understand the the roll center stuff. What does it mean by the low roll center. Does it mean roll center blocks, or the roll center brace in \____/ this shape. COuld you explain which side should be facing up (brace). Sorry, I can't really even understand what im trying to say
Thanks
Matthew
bballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 06:32 PM   #1070
TLRacing

Adrian-True dat...yea the first earthquake I experienced out here scared the crap out of me and it was a small one

pballkid-If you are going to use a actual mill just mill the inside of the tunnel and cut the wall thickness in 1/2. That will save a lot of weight and still look clean.

nitro kid-22

bballer-Drilling the pistons is when you start with a #60 piston and lets say turn it into a #56. You then use a #56 drill bit and drill each piston hole out by hand(obviously using a chuck of some sort). Generally you gain a little more pack in the shocks by drilling your own pistons. Low roll center means low roll center blocks. These are the blocks that mount to the actual chassis and not the diff cover. The mount that mounts to the diff cover is referred to as the pivot. If you are putting on my setup you will need to use the lose low roll center mounts and then use the 0F brace. This will give you -2 degrees of antidive.
________
/ \
Team Losi Racing, Orion, Nitrotane, Spektrum, Imagine It Graphics, Bradley Fine Line Designs, and Lunsford.
Todd Hodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 06:49 PM   #1071
Tech Elite

do the xxxs come with a 90 spur and will a 22 pinion give me a lot of speed and power
Old 09-03-2004, 07:45 PM   #1072
Tech Regular

Thanks Todd, i understand exactly now.

nitrokid, the g+ comes with a 90 spur, and if you gear the motor too much you will overheat it, and thats not good. YOu need to find a balance between speed, acceleration, and the temp
Old 09-03-2004, 08:53 PM   #1073
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kave

todd im gunna pm ya for more info if thats allright
Kave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 06:59 AM   #1074
Tech Elite

Send a message via Yahoo to crazymechmow

Todd what is a really good setup for carpet thats a easy driving set up especially for beginners I've got 2 beginners running on carpet I put my setup on there cars and they just can't drive them.

David Alford you need to come up to Hutchinson and run on the carpet. trying to get Steve to set a date for the fall classic
crazymechmow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 12:19 PM   #1075
Tech Regular

Todd, back to the pivot in the front, do I mount that on the top or bottom set of holes?? Im guessing the bottom set, but i just want to make sure Thanks
Matthew
Old 09-04-2004, 01:16 PM   #1076
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by bballer
Todd, back to the pivot in the front, do I mount that on the top or bottom set of holes?? Im guessing the bottom set, but i just want to make sure Thanks
Matthew
Think Todd may not be around this weekend.

To answer your question...
- Use the UPPER set of holes in the Diff Cover for the 0/4 or 2 degree Front/Rear Pivot Support when you have the HIGH ROLL center pivot blocks installed
- Use the LOWER set of holes in the Diff Cover for the 0/2/4 Front/Rear Pivot Support when you have the LOW ROLL center pivot blocks installed

You can then further change the angle of the F/R Hinge Pins by turning the Front/Reat Pivot Supports over. The number of the degrees applicable are printed on the Supports. With the G+ kit, you should have the choice of two each Pivot Supports for each end of the car. Some people refer to "smiley" and/or "frown" positions for how the 0/4 degree Supports look when mounted.

The Matt Francis Aluminum Pivot Blocks are even lower than the Losi "Low" blocks; so, the MF units are also referred to as being "Low". The Losi Lows are therefore called "Mids" by many.

Hope this helps.

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.

Last edited by JRX-S Bill; 09-04-2004 at 01:24 PM.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 03:12 PM   #1077
Tech Elite

i will be racing in the sport man class and what pivot blocks do i need to use and how do it help the car tell me how every pivot blocks help the car in what way.
Old 09-04-2004, 04:33 PM   #1078
TLRacing

nitrokid-Bballer nailed it on the head.

crazymechmow-Email me at [email protected] and I will forward you some setups that will be butter to drive.

bballer-You mount the pivot on the bottom.
Team Losi Racing, Orion, Nitrotane, Spektrum, Imagine It Graphics, Bradley Fine Line Designs, and Lunsford.
Todd Hodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 05:06 PM   #1079
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by T. Hodge
crazymechmow-Email me at [email protected] and I will forward you some setups that will be butter to drive.
Butter??? Please tell us how butter will help...he, he...

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 05:17 PM   #1080
Tech Regular

Thanks for helping me butter understand it