Send a message via AIM to tc3stocker Send a message via Yahoo to tc3stocker

Thanks Todd, I got the setup and it looks great, can't wait to try it
tc3stocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 10:22 PM   #1052
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by XXX-S Bill
The car's body weight or the driver's???
Both in my case
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 11:30 AM   #1053
Tech Regular

Well Todd I've had a fair amount of time with the car now. I installed the 12 Turn still have the 7 cell. Wore down the battery side tires well (extra cell weight me thinks?). I'm currenly have the shocks lengthened one and a half turns. roll bars front and rear (second largest on the back and second smallest on the front). Stock otherwise. Turn in seems good. I'm running on regular road (bumpy), so if you have any ideas for me I would appreciate it. I'm wondering more about shock settings/different springs to use.
wcoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 02:13 PM   #1054
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Todd, I've noticed the setups on the TL website don't use the front one-way for carpet. Do you have a good setup you recommend using a one-way? I would think a one-way would be faster on carpet.
rcgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 11:43 PM   #1055
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kave

first rcgod, there is a reason they dont use a one way its not faster.

Also todd, is there any downsides to milling out a chassie for running on high bite carpet? I really like the way it looks and the weight reduction.
Also, what are the handeling differneces in a setup like bobby flack used at the novak race last year, as opposed to your snowbirds setup from the year before? I have been told your setups are faily easy to drive Im just looking for some type of comparision.

Thanks
Kave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 02:19 PM   #1056
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to tc3stocker Send a message via Yahoo to tc3stocker

if you mill it all the way through you will get a bunch of carpet crap in your diffs and drive train parts, also if you take off way to much you will have chassis flex, which as you should know, on carpet is not a good thing.

And to answer the one way question, it is the same as running a spool on capret, there is way too much traction and you will break parts if you hit anything, you would be busting one way outdrives like a egg on crack, and diffs are faster anyway, unless you are on asphalt in which case you would run a steel/aluminum/composite spool. I hope this answers all the questions, now for one of my own.

Todd, I want to run the black belt in 19 turn pretty loose on carpet with 2 diffs and the stock bearings (degreased with one sheild off) would you think that the belt would skip if you cut every other tooth off? And also, I can't believe that Losi let the white ball cups out to the public, I can't wait to see what the team drivers will have to make their cars that much different. I won't be running the white ball cups because now everybody will have them.

Thanks Todd, check you later
tc3stocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 03:02 PM   #1057
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Todd - No rain yet but will will get a little bit on Sunday and Monday... Barbequing on Laborday for fun is one thing but barbequing on Laborday because you have no power is something else entirely. Hopefully the storm will go north of us as predicted. If that happens we will tons of rain and some heavy winds...not too bad though.

Of course its not so good for those in the direct path of the storm. This one will flatten wood frame houses and tear the roof off cinder block houses. I hope everyone listens to their local authorities and gets to a shelter if they are told to do so....this one is no joke.
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 03:39 PM   #1058
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by tc3stocker

Todd, I want to run the black belt in 19 turn pretty loose on carpet with 2 diffs and the stock bearings (degreased with one sheild off) would you think that the belt would skip if you cut every other tooth off?

tc3stocker: You need to change your handle!!!! LOL. I doubt you will have any problems with the belt skipping, even if you remove teeth. I have the teeth on my belt cut and it hasn't skipped at ALL, not in with a 19t or with an 8t. I know you want to run your belt loose to keep your drive train free- but beware of other things, too, ie carpet fibers in you stub axles or CVD.

As for the ball cups, the newer white ones included with the MF2 kit are actually a new design, too, not just white. They have been 'released to the public' because of so many reuqests from the racers.

RC America / XRayUSA / Hudy / Motiv / Avid / Vannen Watches
J.Filipow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 04:04 PM   #1059
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brandon Melton

Flipover- Hey what tires (not just Losi ones, lol) were working at the badlands when you were there last spring. Regionals at the end of the month. If you want just PM me, hate to tie up Todd's thread for non Todd discussion, hehe. I lost Travis' email.
Old 09-02-2004, 04:06 PM   #1060
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

tc3stocker, thank you for the detailed answer on the one-way. I'm new to carpet racing, and I couldn't figure out how a one-way wouldn't be faster since that's the hot setup when running nitro on foams. Now I can save the $60 I was going to spend on the one-way and buy more tires.
rcgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 04:11 PM   #1061
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Brandon Melton
Flipover- Hey what tires (not just Losi ones, lol) were working at the badlands when you were there last spring. Regionals at the end of the month. If you want just PM me, hate to tie up Todd's thread for non Todd discussion, hehe. I lost Travis' email.
Brandon- No way...Todd is cool! He wouldn't mind.....besides, Losi tires only!!!!hahhhhaha....YGPM.

RC America / XRayUSA / Hudy / Motiv / Avid / Vannen Watches
J.Filipow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 07:39 AM   #1062
TLRacing

TL-XXXS-Its all practice!!

Richo-Cool.

wcoyote-Maybe stiffer springs to support the 7 cell???

rcgod-We have found that diffs are faster on carpet all the time. So I really do not have any setups. I think if you do try a oneway you will see that it pushes slightly going in and is really hard to drive when you pick up the throttle. Just try a really tight front diff. That will be the ticket.

pballkid-I think that lightening the chassis can only help. As for the setups...I have never tried Bobby's setups however I know his setup is very fast in stock..not sure in mod. Yes generally my setups are a bit easy to drive. I may loose a tenth but I gain it back in consistency.

tc3stocker-You will be OK with the belt in 19t. I ran it that way in mod

Bradon-No problem

Adrian-Well be safe this weekend. I wish everyone the best this weekend. I really don't know how you live in FL. Those hurricanes would be a little frustrating to deal with!
Team Losi Racing, Orion, Nitrotane, Spektrum, Imagine It Graphics, Bradley Fine Line Designs, and Lunsford.
Todd Hodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 08:22 AM   #1063
Tech Champion

Todd - Well... you might be living on an island off the coast of California in a few years....lol! How can you live in Southern California?

The answer is because you dont have earthquakes everyday. We may have a storm blow through every couple of years but the damage is usually pretty minimal. However, just like California we get a big one once in a while. At lease we get a few days of warning to get out of the way.
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 08:30 AM   #1064
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to DavidAlford

Least you guys get a weeks warning. Tornados just show up lol

I swear if I see a guy on the news in a trailer park this time going "Well we didn't even know it was coming" I'm gonna scream....
Old 09-03-2004, 12:44 PM   #1065
Tech Fanatic

Default Broken shock shaft

Todd-

Just wanted to say thanks for the shock shafts. Hope the one I sent you helped out.