R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-25-2004, 11:15 AM   #91
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

dr_hfuhuhurr-TRC Marble(shore 55/37) is a front tire that is harder than a CYAN(shore 55/35) and Soft than a PLAID(shore 55/40)

Todd posted this farther up on the page
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Matt Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 11:22 AM   #92
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

He posted what they were.....but they still aren't available any where, not even on the trinity site....

Later EddieO
Old 01-25-2004, 11:40 AM   #93
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jaysimpson

It appears it must be unreleased since he gives the the shore rating up a few posts. It is between a Cyan and a Plaid.

T.Hodge:"TRC Marble(shore 55/37) is a front tire that is harder than a CYAN(shore 55/35) and Soft than a PLAID(shore 55/40)"
A-Train Racing
Warehouse Raceway
jaysimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 11:59 AM   #94
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by T. Hodge
[B]Fastfreddy74-I use program 5 for both stock and mod.

XXX-SBill-Check out the TL website and try my Trackside setup from 2003. That should be good to start with rubber tires. I would not start with the carpet/foam setup since it has the offset rear end on it.

Todd,

I am looking at your 2003 Trackside Setup Sheet for rubber which has certain similarities to what I am already running at Stockton and Gilroy carpets; but, I have questions:

1) What do the front and rear Low Roll Center mounts do for the setup? I have already purchased these parts; but, would like your additional insight.

2) Because Losi has a few different shock pistons, why would you have to drill them too? What size drill(s) were used for rubber?

3) Can you describe what parts are used as Outside Shock Limiters?

4) The difference between the chrome and black Camber Ball Studs seems to be insignificant. Do you know about the logic of this? Same question applies to the number of washers under spindle/bellcrank.

FYI...I am currently using the long link from the servo over to the far side of the draglink (ala Matt Francis).

Hope this isn't too much to ask...But, I will highly appreciate your input. Many thanks.

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 09:00 PM   #95
TLRacing

futureal-Email with your address at [email protected] and I will mail you a couple sets.

EddieO-The marble is a in between tire between Cyan and Plaid. Marble is 37 shore/55shore. I would hope it will be out soon. Maybe I let the cat out of the bag

pro3racer-TRC Magenta/Cyan is equal to JACO Double Pink Orange/Double Pink.

XXX-S Bill-1)The lower roll centers will let the car roll more and give it more corner speed. 2) I just drill my pistons to be anal....I just like to make sure my pistons are exact. Also the std. pistons tend to be a little bigger than the ones I drill. 3)Just shock limiters(LOSA5050). I cut part of them out so they look like a "C" so I can slip them in and out. 4) I would not say that it is insignificant since they will change the way your car handles if you were to run either in the rear hub or front caster block. By raising and lowering the ballstud on the spindle/ bellcrank gives you different bumpsteer. Raising the ballstud on the spindle tends to make the car want to turn in more and steering less on exit. Raising the ballstud on the bellcranks gives you bump in which will give you less steering going into a turn but more on exit.
Team Losi Racing, Orion, Nitrotane, Spektrum, Imagine It Graphics, Bradley Fine Line Designs, and Lunsford.
Todd Hodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 09:18 PM   #96
Tech Initiate

Send a message via AIM to XXXTNovakOrion

Hey todd,

I was wondering what exactly it was you changed on your setup yesterday at the R/C Heat race.
Thanks again for the help.

Later,
Eddie
XXXTNovakOrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 10:05 PM   #97
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Todd, What is the reasoning behind the "flipped and forward" steering rack?

Also, in some of the pix of Pauls and Brians it looks like the tie rod coming off the servo saver to the drag link is either in a centerpoint position or on the other side of the steering rack. What is the reasioning behind this, and what does it accomplish?

http://www.rctech.net/events/novak20..._lemieux_2.jpg
http://www.rctech.net/events/novak20..._lemieux_1.jpg
http://www.rctech.net/events/roarcar...wald03_800.jpg

Are those Purple Congo's on Pauls car or the purple Losi springs?, are the blue graphite shocktowers on Brian's car a propotype for possible future release. Also, when will the "Infamous" black belt be released?

What is this red belt and black spur in Andrew's car from the Classic?
http://www.rctech.net/events/hallowe...ar_gray_01.jpg
And why is Andrew not running any droop screws?
http://www.rctech.net/events/hallowe...ar_gray_04.jpg

Is the graphite spline on your car going to be a new losi part as well? and why is your servo spaced so far forward? http://www.rctech.net/events/novak20...ar_hodge_1.jpg

Greg Anthony
New XXX-S owner
[email protected]

Last edited by Greg Anthony; 01-26-2004 at 10:42 PM.
Greg Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 09:24 AM   #98
Administrator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

pauls car had trinity purple in front and losi purple in the rear....at least that is what he told me....
Matt M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 09:38 AM   #99
Tech Elite

Todd whats up with your motor mount on your car in the new RC Cars article? It looks like diamond plate or something.

Also, what kinda screw are those holding the shock towers in? They look like blue aluminum, but they are a head design I have never seen before.

Any word if yer gonna be able to make it up to Rain City? Any chance you can bring me a set of BK Bonez!! I can offer a ride in my ferrari and all the booze you can drink!

Later EddieO
Old 01-27-2004, 12:28 PM   #100
Tech Master

Hey Todd it was a plessure having you race at our Grand Opening this Sunday. You put on a great show!

Peace..
John G.
R/C HEAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 07:07 PM   #101
TLRacing

XXXTNovakOrion-I moved my front arms back to the middle position and ran the inside hole on rear arm with 2/B camber link

Greg Anthony-1) I do that so it compensates for my ackerman when I move my front arms forward further than stock forward.
2)I dont think it does much. I did that same thing and it did not feel any different. 3) The springs on Pauls car were Trinity Purple on front and Team Losi purple on rear. The black belt system should be out by early Feburary. 4) Andrew car-Red belt is from our offroad car. A lot of us do not run droop screws since the bumpers tend to flex to much. So we just overlimit our shocks and unscrew the shock bottom to obtain our droop. 5) The graphite part you are talking about is a Dynamite hop-up. The servo is spaced forward because that is the only way I could get my ESC where I have it.

EddieO-That motor plate/screws is from me playing in the machine shop at TL. Rain City is looking really good. Lets just trade the Ferrari for the BK Bones

RCJohnny-Thanks for having a good race so close to home. I will be back next month.
Team Losi Racing, Orion, Nitrotane, Spektrum, Imagine It Graphics, Bradley Fine Line Designs, and Lunsford.
Todd Hodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 07:37 PM   #102
Tech Elite

Come one booze and a ferrari ride is easily worth some BK Bonez.....just think of all the babes that will want ya.....maybe I will even let you drive it(before yer BOMBED!).

here, some pics for you to think over....

http://www.teambr00d.com/ferr1.jpg
http://www.teambr00d.com/ferr2.jpg
http://www.teambr00d.com/ferr3.jpg
http://www.teambr00d.com/ferr4.jpg
http://www.teambr00d.com/ferr5.jpg
http://www.teambr00d.com/ferr6.jpg

Its an F1 shifter too!

Remember, front and rear set for a xxx-s!

Later EddieO
Old 01-27-2004, 07:53 PM   #103
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kave

eddio please tell me that is not your car, if it is you have way way to much money
Kave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 07:54 PM   #104
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by EddieO
Come one booze and a ferrari ride is easily worth some BK Bonez.....just think of all the babes that will want ya.....maybe I will even let you drive it(before yer BOMBED!).

here, some pics for you to think over....

Its an F1 shifter too!

Remember, front and rear set for a xxx-s!

Later EddieO
DO IT, DO IT, DO IT....

Old 01-27-2004, 08:04 PM   #105
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by T. Hodge
A lot of us do not run droop screws since the bumpers tend to flex to much. So we just overlimit our shocks and unscrew the shock bottom to obtain our droop.
Todd,

I understand the concept of the above.

Please describe how you 'overlimit' your shocks. Is there a certain height spacer to use on the shock's shaft? I assume it would be a different height spacer for the front and rear shocks.

I see your Setup Sheet indicates 'Limiters: Inside 0/Outside .120 for last year's USTC Rubber race. How is an Outside limiter accomplished with other than droop screws?

Many thanks.

Last edited by JRX-S Bill; 01-27-2004 at 08:09 PM.