Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Ask Todd Hodge..aka "Hodgimoto" >

Ask Todd Hodge..aka "Hodgimoto"

Ask Todd Hodge..aka "Hodgimoto"

Old 07-10-2004, 01:28 PM
TLRacing

TLRacer-By running more toe in your car will have more rear traction. By running less toe in your car will have less overall rear traction. Also more toe-in will make the car want to initiate the turn a bit faster than less toe in.

PW-YGM
Old 07-10-2004, 06:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Todd, get ready for this week's trip to the sugar shack!!

And my Ferrari will be there!!

Later EddieO
Old 07-11-2004, 12:17 AM
The Evicerator

Todd Hodge, where were you?
Old 07-11-2004, 09:03 AM
TLRacing

Eddieo-Oh boy

Eviceratornator-Sorry I did not make....stayed home and painted bodies...they came out pretty good.
Old 07-11-2004, 10:37 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally posted by T. Hodge
Eddieo-Oh boy

Eviceratornator-Sorry I did not make....stayed home and painted bodies...they came out pretty good.
Good luck at the nats.
Old 07-11-2004, 10:37 AM
Tech Regular

What happened to Renblast?
Old 07-11-2004, 01:05 PM
Tech Addict

Hey Todd

I'm wanting to get my wires to the motor as short as possible. My dad says it wont make a difference. If i make the wires shorter what will it do? I've heard that it wont take the power or electricity get to the motor faster. Would you make the wires shorter from 6 1/2" to about 2 1/2"? Cause the wires are so long.

Two last things. I'm wanting to start running 19T what motor would u recomend and what is the cheapest? Last my older brother got a Reedy Ti modified 9T motor for his TC3. What pinion gear should he run. Cause he doesnt want to burn it up. How long will the car run for with 3300 batteries from Pro Match Racing.

Thx for all your help I really apriciate it and i have learned alot from you.
Old 07-11-2004, 01:58 PM
TLRacing

stlnst-Thanks!!

Bobby-Not sure what is going on with him.

TL-Racer-I run mine short as possible. I leave atleast 1/2" of extra wire in case I need to trim them up after I get done smashing them with my soldering iron. For 19T, go with the Trinity Chameleon 2. http://www.teamtrinity.com/motors/19turn.asp Check out this link. When I do run 19t...this is all I use. For your bro's TC3 I am not 100% sure...you might want to ask Mike Blackstock on this website...he has his own thread.
Old 07-11-2004, 06:14 PM
Tech Regular

Hey Todd, what do you recommend for thrust bearing lube for the xxxs? I've heard that the instruction manual for the xxxt mf2 says to use standard silicone diff lube now. Will this work well for the xxxs? If not, what works best in your opinion? Thanks.
Old 07-11-2004, 06:45 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Dawson

Originally posted by T. Hodge
OUT OF CONTROL
Todd,

Nice pics. Unsuprisingly, I don't even remeber when you took this one but judging from the beer in hand and angle of my hat - there's a good chance I wasn't legal to drive.

Question: Can you post a setup for Tamiya dampers, PRP Towers, and a one way? Kinda specific request, but if you have a minute, I'd really like to see what you are (or would be) running. I'm running at Speedworld and the track conditions as well as the layout are the same as they were during the Speedworld Cup.

Two more questions:

1) Why do you run low roll centers with a one way?

2) What does it mean when your front tires wear faster then your rears? I had a fresh set of rubber and the car was pushing a little with less steering then I would have liked. When the race was over, I noticed the molding ribs had worn off the fronts while the rears remained in tact.

Sorry for the novel but thanks for any light you may be able to shed.

-Griffin
Old 07-11-2004, 07:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

When are you leaving Todd? I need some stuff

Good luck next weekend bro, bring it home.
Old 07-11-2004, 10:16 PM
TLRacing

mwcekt-I use the TL thrust lube...cream colored stuff or AE black grease works well also.

griffin-What up! It was great to meet you and your girlfriend at SW. On the Tamiya shocks I drill out the pistons to a #56. They come stock at #58 hole. I generally run 40wt front and rear with blue AE springs on the front and AE Silvers on the rear.

1)I feel this is the best balance with a oneway. Low roll centers lets the car roll more giving it more steering. I never run high roll centers with a oneway. nHowever on lower bite tracks where lower traction tires are used(CS-27's) I think the higher roll centers are better because they give you more traction.

2)IMO, fronts always wear more than the rears. The fronts are always doing more work especially with a oneway.

Alford-I leave on Tuesday morning...if you need stuff make sure I have your order by tomorrow.
Old 07-11-2004, 10:18 PM
TLRacing

Griffin-Front shock location is top row 3rd hole out. I also use double O-rings above the bladder instead of the pink foam spacer that comes with the shocks. If you use the O-rings make sure you glue them together. The best way to do this is slide them over your 3/32" alan wrench and put them together and then apply a small amount of glue.
Old 07-13-2004, 03:17 PM
Tech Addict

Todd- I just got a can of that Paragon traction stuff for my tires. Can u put it on foam and rubber tires? And plz tell me what im supossed to do. u put the stuff on the tires, and then what.

Thx
Old 07-20-2004, 07:40 AM
TLRacing

TL-Just put it on your tires and let it sit for ten minutes. Then wipe clean and go run.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service