Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Ask Todd Hodge..aka "Hodgimoto" >

Ask Todd Hodge..aka "Hodgimoto"

Ask Todd Hodge..aka "Hodgimoto"

Old 04-08-2004, 08:30 PM
TLRacing

Gary-Just take a rear foam and cut 1/4 off of it and then bevel the inside edges.

wcoyote
Old 04-08-2004, 09:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally posted by wcoyote
Cool!

Thanks Todd for that bit of info. I never would have thought about the soda..
wcoyote,

Important thing about the soda is to let it dry after applying. Depending on the outdoor temp, that takes awhile. If you run on it wet, you will end up with your car covered in escargot slime.

My closest outdoor track uses regular root beer (not diet) for best results...Get a large bottle or two, shake it up and spray while walking the course. If you setup a defined course, be more concerned about spraying the turns as opposed to the straights.
Old 04-09-2004, 10:22 AM
Tech Regular

I'll get escargoo if it's not dried eh? I'm keeping notes on this. I wonder why Reg rootbeer works better than diet? Maybe it's the calories? Besides I never do unleaded soda.

I have plenty of Pepsi for the moment.

Taxes are back now. Maybe I'll get that car sooner than thought. I'm also thinking of helping out at Tekin if I can. Got to talk to Jim on that again. We shall see.
Old 04-09-2004, 10:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Regular soda has sugar in it. The sugar is what make it nice and sticky. I've seen some nasty mixtures including pancake syrup mixed with water, grape soda and sno-cone syrup mixture (Fred Hubbard special) as well as just straight rootbeer.
Old 04-09-2004, 11:34 AM
R/C Tech Founder

I used Mountain Dew as a traction additive at the on-road series I put on out here last summer. I picked up a big walk-behind blower (a.k.a. Billy Goat Blower) and used it to clean off the surface beforehand, then used garden sprayers filled with Dew and laid it down in the run line. It worked very well.
Old 04-09-2004, 11:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I'll try that Todd. I might run the car next week, as I will hopefully be retrofitting my carpet cars with front diffs and putting a Tamiya Track setup on them, so to race It'll have to be off road

Shane, you could even try the huge jugs (I said jugs, lol) of Syrup from Pick 'N' Save's Super saver isle. Do like a 1part syrup to 10 parts water and you should have Aunt Jamiama Quality traction
Old 04-11-2004, 12:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hey Todd,

Could you comment on when and when not to use uptravel limiters and how they effect the losi car? Are you coming to the Speedworld Cup again this year? The flyers are up on the speedworld website .
Old 04-11-2004, 12:18 AM
The Evicerator

Hmm...someone didn't race tonight
Old 04-11-2004, 12:37 AM
Tech Master

todd,
do you happen to have a setup for an xxx4 on a clay track, semi loomey with some medium-large jumps, also do you run a one way in ur xxx4 and why? would it help on a clay track with medium large jumps thats preatty smooth
Old 04-11-2004, 09:10 AM
TLRacing

James-I would recommend using uptravel limiters whenever your car feels like it wants to roll over too much. This is mainly on high bite tracks. You also have to be careful running uptravel limiters on tracks that have a lot of dots....since you can bottom the suspension out easier when running over them. I definitely plan on being at the SW Cup.

Evicerator-Sorry dude...I blew out

pball-Try Ryan's setup from the TL website....I think it works great everywhere. http://www.teamlosi.com/setups/xxx4g+/index.htm
I always run a oneway in my 4wd. It gives a lot more accelleration out of the turn.
Old 04-11-2004, 09:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

That's good to know since a couple of racers were using limiters yesterday. The traction was even close to being high bite but Matt F. even said that a couple of cars that he was watching could benefit from limiters. See you at the cup.
Old 04-11-2004, 10:01 AM
Tech Champion

Hey Todd- Did you run a diff or a spool at Reedy Last year? I remember you mentioning once that you didn't like them but I wasen't sure if you ran one there or not. I was thinking, if I get in this year, of running just a fairly tight front diff, not an actual spool. I ran a spool last year and the car just didn't seem to have enough turn in for me.
Old 04-11-2004, 10:15 AM
Tech Elite

todd,

hi bro wanna ask what pinion am i gonna used in a d5 8x1 motor?
im using a 90 or 88 spur gear. what is my final drive ratio?
our local track is a combination of high speed and a little technical.
Old 04-11-2004, 12:25 PM
The Evicerator

It's ok dude, I understand... it was a tough day down there anyways... TONS of ppl on the driver's stand the whole day

Got my car better...I'll have to talk with you about it later I guess...

Anyways, have a Happy Easter!
Old 04-11-2004, 05:18 PM
Tech Regular

jkerr,

I know reg soda has more sugar in it. I was joking about the calorie thing. Reg soda also has more calories in it because of the sugar content. Guess it was a different way of asking if the higher sugar was the cause.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.