R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-01-2004, 09:51 AM   #391
R/C Tech Founder
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by T. Hodge
futureal-I know...so are you moving out to the California?
Yup -- June 1st! It's finalized now, and I have a job and everything.
Old 04-01-2004, 10:13 AM   #392
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Todd,

Thanks for the body info! I just started posting here, and I appreciate you pros taking the time to help us all out and answer questions. Keep up the great work and the great driving!
Old 04-01-2004, 10:27 AM   #393
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by futureal
Yup -- June 1st! It's finalized now, and I have a job and everything.
Congrats bro, welcome to the sunlight
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 10:45 AM   #394
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brian McGreevy Send a message via Yahoo to Brian McGreevy

Yeah Todd I have to agree with you about the handling of the Peugot body. I ran one a little bit at the nats and it does turn in hard but is very smooth. Although, as some people told me, it seems like it takes longer to rotate through the corner...it's kinda long. Overall pretty good, though.

The times I've ran the Proto Alfa it seems it has a lot of turn in and a lot of exit steering as well...just more steering all around than the Parma...but the Parma is smoother. What do you think?
USVTA Member #211

Support Formula SAE - get kids into engineering!
http://motorsports.illinois.edu/
Brian McGreevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 12:36 PM   #395
TLRacing

Aaron-I do run here a little. The Lexus has crazy offpower steering kinda like the Mazda 6.

futureal-Thats awesome....do you still have plans of opening a carpet track? We need one so bad here in Socal.

Juan-No problem....helping people out is one thing I love about RC Racing.

Brian-I agree that the Parma is smoother since it does seem to have less steering than the PF Alfa. A lot of racers at the Nats used the Parma Alfa. I tried it the Saturday before and it seemed good but I stuck with the PF Alfa.
Team Losi Racing, Orion, Nitrotane, Spektrum, Imagine It Graphics, Bradley Fine Line Designs, and Lunsford.
Todd Hodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 01:06 PM   #396
R/C Tech Founder

Todd, yea, it's definitely on the menu. We actually found a building in Oceanside that would work but the city gave us the thumbs-down for a permit to operate an "entertainment enterprise" in an industrial zone. They tell us we have to do it in retail space. At $2-$3/sqft to lease that is tough; the equity on a 5 year lease for a building of that size would be close to a million as it is, even for industrial space. We can swing that through a bank but not in a retail zone at all.

We are going to look at some other cities within San Diego County to see if their zoning departments will be any friendlier towards us, I see stuff like this all over the country so I have to believe that someone will let us in. There is an abundance of buildings in the 10K-15K sqft. size, so they are out there... just have to find the right one.

Let me know if Team Losi has interest in sponsoring an official test track in sunny San Diego and have naming rights. I want to start a big annual carpet race out here... we could call it the Losibirds. haha

As it stands right now I'll be living in Del Mar and working in Chino... 90 minutes to work each day on the 15. No one ever called me smart...
Old 04-01-2004, 01:10 PM   #397
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Oh man that's a harsh commute.
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 01:34 PM   #398
R/C Tech Founder

I'm not too worried about it. I kinda like driving for some reason. I've driven between California and Wisconsin something like 31 times...

Plus it will force me to get up in the morning, which is a good thing. And since I'll be up north, maybe I can actually race from time to time!
Old 04-01-2004, 01:41 PM   #399
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Well, I look forward to meeting you when you get here.

BTW- did you get my subscription I sent yesterday?
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 03:16 PM   #400
R/C Tech Founder

Yes, I did. Sorry I've been lagging on those. Lots of work to do!
Old 04-01-2004, 09:35 PM   #401
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by jkerr0043
Nope, we get him down here in San Diego and he's going to open up a nice new carpet track for us. Right Shane?
We could potentially agree to agree that Shane lives in a RV on Highway 5 so he can go both North and South.

Let me see. How many Californians will subscribe/join RCTech.net to get Shane out here? Wonder if he would be bringing any family?

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 08:27 AM   #402
TLRacing

futureal-Thats cool you are trying to open a track. I wish you the best. As for the TL sponsor thing...you will have to contact Gary Kyes on that one. 90 minute drive to work.....wow you must have big balls to want to do that everyday.
Team Losi Racing, Orion, Nitrotane, Spektrum, Imagine It Graphics, Bradley Fine Line Designs, and Lunsford.
Todd Hodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 09:03 AM   #403
Tech Elite

Todd, I need help!

I have a new Losi XXX BK2. The diff squaks like crazy. So does every other BK2 run at Trackside. You have seen their track, and it is a new layout so traction is high. The older BK Buggies do not have this problem. So it is something in the new tranny, but the only thing I see that could be causing the problem is the new spring in the transmission.

My diff is super tight now, and I am afraid to go any tighter, I would strip the nut if I try to go any tighter.

Any ideas ?

Thanks!

Official software of: ROAR Nationals, IIC, Cactus Classic, Indoor Champs, Reedy Race and Trackside Hobbies in Brookfield, WI!
RC Scoring Pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 11:08 AM   #404
R/C Tech Founder

Todd, yea I'm weird like that. But a long drive to work sure beats Wisconsin. Maybe I'll talk to Gary about that some time when I get over there. Either way hopefully I'll run into you guys at SoCal from time to time or wherever it is you all race.
Old 04-02-2004, 12:25 PM   #405
Tech Regular

On the BK2 diff. A lot of people say is slips or makes bad noise and swear it's tight but I've found it isn't. With the bevelled washers setup you barely turn the wheel to tighten diff and it makes a good change in tension adjustment and when turning the wheel it feels tight too. However with the spring setup it feels as tight or tighter in the wheel, and you have to turn the wheel further to get the same tension adjustment. So with the spring it's easier for people to stay in the proper "tension zone" that the diff needs to be run in than with the bevelled setup but with the spring a lot of people are setting it too loose. So double check the diff isn't slipping by holding the tire and psur then turning other tire test and make sure slipper is locked or almost locked. Then back slipper off so it slips before diff does.

Toddamo, when you going to run some off-road again man? Good jobby job at the nats!
SlobbaTech is offline   Reply With Quote