R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-08-2004, 12:53 AM   #286
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

here are the results from the rain city showdown...

final qualifying:

19T Sedan.

1. Todd Hodge (losi/trinity)
2. Marty Barnes (associated/reedy)
3. Donny Schaff (losi/br00d)

Mod Sedan.

1. Barry Baker (associated/reedy)36/ 5:02 or 01 (can't remember)
2. Todd Hodge (losi/trinity) 36/ 5:04
3. Peter Robinson (losi/br00d) 36/ 5:05

Final main results:

19T Sedan A-main.

2. Peter Robinson (losi/br00d)
3. Donny Schaff (losi/br00d)

Mod sedan.

2. Barry Baker (associated/reedy)
3. Andrew Cartwright (schumacher/reedy)

peter

RC-Trim | Serpent USA | On-Point | Trinity | Revtech | ORCA | BSR | KO Propo | PT RC Racing Oil | WTRC | rcpitwhores.com
peter_robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 08:53 AM   #287
TLRacing

Team Losi Racing, Orion, Nitrotane, Spektrum, Imagine It Graphics, Bradley Fine Line Designs, and Lunsford.
Todd Hodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 08:54 AM   #288
TLRacing

Team Losi Racing, Orion, Nitrotane, Spektrum, Imagine It Graphics, Bradley Fine Line Designs, and Lunsford.
Old 03-08-2004, 08:57 AM   #289
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Evicerator
Good Job Todd! Way to smoke 'em!

... and are those spy shots of you dancing or something??
He was off the charts!!!

He stood up and started by saying, "Hello Everyone, I am the great Hodgimoto. I am a professional R/C racer. Want to see my ROAR card? Please all gather around as I will tell you how I am going to win 19T and Mod this Sunday."

"The chicken wings are great here. I am on a mission as I am the great Hodgimoto. Seattle will never be the same."

I have never heard the guy break down the R/C gospel like that. He had the Nascar-speak down. By the end of the night, he got everyone in the room didnt own a XXXS or M8 to run out an get one. Yet another city effected by the great Hodgimoto.....

PS- Congrats Todd - great FOOOOOOCCCCCCUUUUUUUSSSSSS
MDawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 11:04 AM   #290
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Thank you Todd for coming up to the Rain. You were the best and are a terrific asset to Losi. You are definitely invited back, anytime. We'll make a race for you....And Mark, thank you for putting him up. Sounds like you guys had a nice evening after racing.

The racing was competitive and tight. We have some great guys up here in the northwest, I'm thrilled to be able to have them as my friends and racers. Results and pix will hopefully be up today.

Gee, that was my first time at Hooters... in all my 50+ years I had no idea that RC racing would be that awe inspiring to the babes. But Hodgimoto had them hooked. hehe...
They couldn't make it out to this race to do the trophys, but I'm sure when I call to schedule them for the next time, they will ALL want to be there.

Also, the little guy next to Todd is Kris, 9 yrs? he was hanging on to the table for his life! The girls picked him up, (some of the other guys at the table were drooling a bit) not wanting to go with the girls! But after seeing Todd go willingly, he got into the groove and enjoyed himself. Todd showed him the ropes and now he's a man!!

thank you again for coming up.
Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 08:20 PM   #291
Tech Adept

TODD I asked this same Q on the xxxs thread but I thought I should definitely ask you. On the new black belt kit that arm is super beefy. since I run stock and 19t I was thinking maybe I could remove some material from the rear to save some weight. Only thing is I'm worried that it will allow the arm to flex and misalign the pulley. What do you think?
Poppa Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 11:07 PM   #292
TLRacing

James-Its not looking like I will making the trip this weekend. I leave the following Thursday for the nationals and I am really busy at work this week. If I do make it...it will be a totally last minute thing.

Evicerator-Thanks!!
Old 03-08-2004, 11:12 PM   #293
TLRacing

Devro-Thanks...it was great to meet you this past weekend...you and your bro are fun to hang out with.

MDawson-Thanks for putting up with me for the weekend. I still can't believe the sun came out on Monday morning....I was like...."Dude am I still in Seattle".

Silver-Thanks man...I had a great time.

PoppaRay-Yea it is beefy for that reason...no flex. I would not advise lightening the tensioner....I don't think you will gain any performance by doing that. I would try other ways to lighten up the car.
Old 03-08-2004, 11:34 PM   #294
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hey Todd,

I never got around to asking you at Rain City, but what is the difference in how the car feels when you switch from the offset rear hubs to the standard rear hubs? Also, How does moving the steering bellcranks forward effect the car as well. I'm the kid on team br00d/rick's that came in 2nd in open stock sedan (blue and yellow car with yellow rims ) I'm still new to the losi so any help would be awesome. Thanks Todd.

-Sushi Boy
Old 03-08-2004, 11:37 PM   #295
Tech Initiate

Where were you the mains were today? The ladies were asking for the great Hogimoto!
Thanks again for coming up man, the pics from the go karts are up too. See ya at carpet nats, I love this track!
andrew
Fartwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 02:16 AM   #296
Tech Elite

dude... silver= momma cartwright...

best pass of the weekend was me to the inside of hodge... right after the bridge.

best breakage of the weekend... sparks flying out the back of dawson cart.

RC-Trim | Serpent USA | On-Point | Trinity | Revtech | ORCA | BSR | KO Propo | PT RC Racing Oil | WTRC | rcpitwhores.com
Old 03-09-2004, 02:19 AM   #297
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Sushi Boy
Hey Todd,

I never got around to asking you at Rain City, but what is the difference in how the car feels when you switch from the offset rear hubs to the standard rear hubs? Also, How does moving the steering bellcranks forward effect the car as well. I'm the kid on team br00d/rick's that came in 2nd in open stock sedan (blue and yellow car with yellow rims ) I'm still new to the losi so any help would be awesome. Thanks Todd.

-Sushi Boy
dude.. you weren't on team ricks... there was an age requirement for that sponsorship.

Old 03-09-2004, 08:05 AM   #298
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by peter_robinson
dude... silver= momma cartwright...

best pass of the weekend was me to the inside of hodge... right after the bridge.

best breakage of the weekend... sparks flying out the back of dawson cart.
I got a phone call from Traxxx, havent returned the call yet....
MDawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 04:28 PM   #299
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by peter_robinson
dude.. you weren't on team ricks... there was an age requirement for that sponsorship.
I know dude, it was just so he would remember hahahaha. So I guess I should correct that and say just Team br00d .

-Sushi Boy
Old 03-09-2004, 07:29 PM   #300
TLRacing

SushiBoy-The offset rear end has more all around steering. The standard rear end has more rear traction. I mainly run the bell cranks forward and flipped on my carpet car since my front arms are full forward plus .060" furtherr forward. By running the bell cranks forward like that it keeps the akerman the way I like it.

fartwright-Your know your name fits you....I realize this after pitting next to you all weekend. CYA at the nats.

peter-yea you smoked me on the carts....you suck!!