Wiki Posts
Search

LTC-R/Speed 6

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 03:56 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default LTC-R/Speed 6 Body shells

Having some problems locating the proto form LTC-R body shells that i have been currently using.

I have only ever used this type of shell before as im only new too racing.
I can get the speed 6 body fairly easily, so was wanting too know will i have too re do my set up too suit the body or will the car react/act fairly similar.

Im quite happy with how my car runs at the moment but just the problem of getting shells.

Is there another alternate shell that is ROAR legal that will be similar too the LTC-R. MAYBE A DNA-2?

I run on an open/large outdoor asphalt track

Cheers.

Last edited by paraletic; 07-11-2009 at 05:42 PM.
Old 07-09-2009, 05:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The Speed 6 will be the closest thing o th LTC. I have tried them back to back and all I could feel was that the Speed 6 had a bit less steering.
Old 07-09-2009, 05:28 AM
Tech Elite

Rob,

If you are after a LTC-R you can try www.nbhc.com.au as I know Ari was getting a new shipment soon.

If you have any problems shoot me a PM and I will try and organise one for you, but please try them first and tell them that I told you to call them.

Cheers,

James
Old 07-09-2009, 05:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

To what I've been told the LTC-R is less aggressive in the rear compared to the Speed6. But can't say from experience since I haven't used the Speed6.
Harris RC have got the LTC-R in stock for $40, they are in Sydney and it took 2-3 days from there to Adelaide on my previous order. Harris have got a thread in the Aus racing section.

I'm curious to know what the differences would be between both bodies for ashphalt rubber for 17.5. I mainly want to know the difference of the Speed6 from the LTC-R in handling.
Old 07-09-2009, 05:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i used the LTC-R instead of a Speed6 and hated it , couldn't drive it ...

no rear grip and too much front ...

back to the speed6 i went
Old 07-09-2009, 05:35 AM
Tech Addict

Thanks for the reply James, I emailed them earlier tonite too see if they had some in stock and about postage.

I initially ordered some from RC Mushroom about a week and a half ago but just recieved an email from them yesterday saying they didnt have any in stock, - that was after id already paid an been expectin themin the mail

now gotta find another and try too get my cash back from rc mushroom
Old 07-09-2009, 05:36 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by paraletic
Thanks for the reply James, I emailed them earlier tonite too see if they had some in stock and about postage.

I initially ordered some from RC Mushroom about a week and a half ago but just recieved an email from them yesterday saying they didnt have any in stock, - that was after id already paid an been expectin themin the mail

now gotta find another and try too get my cash back from rc mushroom
No worries mate, let me know how you get on and if you need my help

Cheers,

James
Old 07-09-2009, 05:40 AM
Tech Addict

cheers Scott I emailed harris before theyre only the light weight ones not the regular weight ones tho (pretty sure they wont last as long from what ive been told)

Sidecar Phil - So you noticed a considerable amount of rear grip difference did you?
This is one area i hav been struggling in as of late, as our track can be a tad skatey in areas.
Old 07-09-2009, 05:44 AM
Tech Master

Sidecar Phil - So you noticed a considerable amount of rear grip difference did you?
This is one area i hav been struggling in as of late, as our track can be a tad skatey in areas.
yes i did

i hated the LTC-R so much i will never used it again !!!!

was good indoors though

speed6 is better balanced , if you can afford to i would try them back to back then you know what the differance is without changing the cars set up
Old 07-09-2009, 05:50 AM
Tech Addict

cheers sidecar, i mite have too try a speed 6 seeing these ltc ones are hard too come by anyway.

i did try a mazda 6 ages ago but that was bout my first ever meeting and that felt a tad doughy but my set up wasnt right either so kinda hard too compare, i have heard the speed 6 is meant too be better than a mazda 6 anyway and more stable..... or is that the otherway round?

The R9R shell is meant too be even more aggressive than the LTC isnt it?
Old 07-09-2009, 05:57 AM
Tech Master

cheers sidecar, i mite have too try a speed 6 seeing these ltc ones are hard too come by anyway.

i did try a mazda 6 ages ago but that was bout my first ever meeting and that felt a tad doughy but my set up wasnt right either so kinda hard too compare, i have heard the speed 6 is meant too be better than a mazda 6 anyway and more stable..... or is that the otherway round?

The R9R shell is meant too be even more aggressive than the LTC isnt it?
he old mazda 6 is differant to the speed6 , they both drive differant too

i think if you set your car up for the LTC-R then maybe it is a good chell , cos at the ETS we watched marc rheinard and yanic use the LTC-R to great affect !!!!

that is the reason i tried it

still hate it
Old 07-09-2009, 06:00 AM
Tech Master

The R9-R has a lot of steer. I love it. The rear is a bit loose but I not to loose.
I drove indoor with the R9-F on rubber. I use that one some times also outdoors when i'm on a high traction track. Now I have also the Speed 6.
Not as much steer as the R9 but the car feels good.
My fastest lap is still with the R9-R.
Old 07-09-2009, 06:11 AM
Tech Adept

I think it will take time for people to come round to these new 'high steering' shells.

For years and years people have run neutral sterring shells, the stratus and the mazdas mostly. Everyone found their ideal setup using a neutral steering shell.

So now you try to put a shell with lots of steering onto a neutral steerin chassis and guess what, it steers too much, surprise surprise. This puts a lot of people off immediately.

I recently bought an R9-R since I liked the look of it, and wow the effect was staggering, I had so much steering it was silly, but rather than just go back to the Mazda, I am going to try to dial out some chassis steering, after all I think its easier to lose steering than to find it.

Now, whether or not the end result will be better than simply using the Mazda, I dont know yet since I haven't raced it, but I'm sure going to give it a try first.

Regards

Neal
Old 07-09-2009, 06:34 AM
Tech Addict

i have read somewhere that cutting out the cut outs in the rear wing can affect the handling etc of the car.

What affect does this inflict? i havnt done that yet too mine.
does it channel the air thru the wing more or relieve some down force etc?
Old 07-09-2009, 07:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

im very happy with my ltc-r shell....give me a ton of steering yet it's still handle good even though im racing in a low traction track.....

if your rear is losing out, why not try to set it not to lose out ??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.